New Assassin's Creed Empire details?

- The next game will be a sort of prequel for the franchise.

- It's set in Ancient Egypt.

- You play as a Former Slave.

- The Main Character is a Distant Ancestor of Altair.

- It's being developed by the team that brought us Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. (Ubisoft Montreal)

- The Character has slightly darker skin than we have previously seen for a main character.

- The world is over three times larger than that of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.

- The game will feature Desert Mirages.

Translation Source

Original Source
I guess there is no chance to know if the info is fake or not but sound legit to me.

Something about this bullet point is hilarious to me.
I think there was a guy on GAF raging about how the main character looked white. Good news for him then?

I just really want a good story about the modern world and the happenings with Those Who Came Before. They really dropped the ball with that part of the story.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
The black flag team gives me some hope for it + I haven't played one since black flag so I might be in the mood for it come fall/winter.
I'm worried about 3 times larger given that the Ubisoft school of open world design has tired out and needs some sort of revamp to breath freshness into it.

- The world is over three times larger than that of Assassin's Creed: Black Flag.
Lovely. More Ubi openworld game design with needless rinse repeat tasks.

I do hope they put effort into focused sidequest and contextually driven meaningful tasks. Again, these openworld games should be looking at Witcher 3 and Zelda as a template. Zelda climb anywhere would be perfect for this game. Add some challenge with a stamina ring.

Most sound good but a huge ass world isn't necessarily better. Especially when it concerns a Ubi game, in my book.

For me to get really hyped for AC again it would need to completely overhaul the gameplay mechanics, the feeling and everything because I am so fed up with AC in general.

Can't wait to climb to the stop of a pyramid, then leap of faith off it. Then fall down the side breaking every bone along the way

Come on, man. Three times larger than an area we needed a ship to get around; are they going to give us an ancient Egyptian helicopter to get traverse this gigantic playable space?

- It's being developed by the team that brought us Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. (Ubisoft Montreal)
so, the team who thought, it would be a great idea to make pirate ship stealth missions (!!!), I'm expecting the new one will have something like this:

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
When are they going to officially announce this game? Thought we'd be getting something by now.

Announcement this week? Unity was announced March 21. Black Flag March 1st. 3 in February. Syndicate's the outlier(May), but it was sent to die so... I'd expect Empire to get announced sooner rather than later.

M1nty

Unconfirmed Member
Yay! More pointless Ubisoft open world activities to complete.

Seriously though, I really hope they make a good job of this one...

Hopefully Ubi learned something from Witcher on how to make an engaging open world, but I'm more interested on the combat and stealth, that's where they need a full revamp.

Make it fresh and I will be there day one.

Not that historic accuracy really means anything to Ubisoft, but doesn't ancient Egypt predate the actual brotherhood of assassins?
The historical one yes, but not the one in-game - in AC2 Brotherhood you find a statue of a Babylonian assassin under Monteriggioni.

Come on, man. Three times larger than an area we needed a ship to get around; are they going to give us an ancient Egyptian helicopter to get traverse this gigantic playable space?
What's the issue? Zelda has a massive map, and you mostly go around by feet (and paraglider) since the horse is pointless.