• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Atari hardware to be announced Feb 1st.

rSpooky

Got this vague email about new Atari hardware.
Seems they are releasing some sort of watch/wrist gaming device.

What could it be .and how much will it cost..what games will it play..because if it does lynx games id be very happy.

Screenshot_2017-01-16-07-01-50_zpssithonhg.png

There is also a signup link to stay updated.

http://www.gameband.com/?utm_source...paign=Atari Newsletter1&utm_medium=newsletter

emb

Well then.

I'm guessing it will be a multi-game device, similar to Flashbacks. Maybe they've made that work in watch form now somehow?

Atari getting in on this NES Classic hype....by doing what they've been doing for over a decade.

Edit: the amount of people guessing at them doing a system with built-in games - They've been doing this since 2004-2005 with their Atari Flashback series, so in reality, this isn't all that shocking, just that they seem to want to make some noise after the NES Classic was on everyone's minds recently.

There's been an "Atari mini" type device available for a long, long time now. Far before the NES Classic was even announced.

I know, it's what I was referencing with the latter-half of my post. I edited the original comment just to clarify it a bit more.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I believe Bill Loguidice over at the AtariAge forums suggested ATGames would be doing a proper hardware revision of the Atari Flashback with HDMI support. Not sure if related.

LordKano

What if they made some sort of handled system with Atari games, but you can put it on some sort of platform, with a TV-Out so you can play these games on the TV ? It would be revolutionnary.

jond76

Banned
It would be awesome if they announced hardware that is more appealing than the Switch. Time for a comeback!

stilgar

There's been an "Atari mini" type device available for a long, long time now. Far before the NES Classic was even announced.

It will still be a quick cash-in piggybacking on Nes classic success. And it will be called Atari Micro/Heritage/Legend or some crap.

tkscz

Interesting. Had this been March I wouldn't believe it. Question is, who even remembers Atari outside of older core gamers?

I can't think of a single classic Atari game that I'd buy this for.

Pit Fall is all I can think of and it'll just be a Uncharted clone.

Top Bottom