New Atlus DS game - Devil Survivor

Jun 7, 2004
That's odd, it doesn't look like the kanji say "Shin Megami Tensei" but instead it looks more like "Megami Ibunroku"... I wish we have a better picture, but if it's true why not just call it Persona? Hmmmmmmmm...... unless you're right and it's a RTS like HoM, FFXIIRW and BD+....

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Sep 3, 2007
toska
Atlus certainly does like inserting "Devil" into the titles of their games.

grandjedi6 said:
So its related to Persona but not Shin Megami Tensei?
I don't even know how that would be possible.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Nov 22, 2006
Atlus DS rpg? I'm in!

If it's an RTS, not so much. I'd like it to be a Persona game as I've yet to discover what the fuss is all about. Wait & See...

Jun 7, 2004
It might not be related to anything. When Digital Devil Saga was announced, there was lots of speculation that it was a homage to the original title of Megami Tensei, which was Digital Devil Monogatari. In the end it turned out to really have nothing to do with MT or SMT, just another spinoff.

With the Raidou games, they turned out to be Devil Summoner spin offs that played another like Devil Summoner or Soul Hackers, and had a totally different theme/setting. I doubt this is going to be any different. They probably looked at the first Persona and went "Hey we haven't used the Megami Ibunroku title since then, why?" and someone else goes "Shrug, let's slap it on some new title now!".

The Persona series is now Persona, nothing more. They dropped the Megami title after the first game, so to see it pop up again is just kinda odd to say the least. I bet it's a RTS.

Mar 16, 2008
Could it possibly be a text adventure game? I'm always hoping for more of those, as quite a few good ones haven't yet been localized

May 9, 2006
A new, decent Majin Tensei-style game would be great. Doubt that's what this is, though.

It'd be nice if they bring back some of their older composers, especially if they get Tsukasa Masuko to bring his best to the table.

(of course, I'd kill/settle for Hidehito Aoki)

Jun 7, 2004
http://www.atlusnet.jp/topic/detail/718

Meguro updated his creator's blog today and mentions that this week he's been busy recording vocal songs for an unannounced project. He mentions two tracks were recorded yesterday, with the ending theme song and a bonus track with a new vocalist being planned for tomorrow. He also mentions that the vocalist was selected from an internal audition, and there're more vocal tracks to record for the rest of the week. Could this be for P4 Fes? Or is Atlus planning on using the same style of music for this DS project? I'm more inclined to believe that he's working on P4 Fes, since this sounds exactly like the type of soundtrack the new Persona games have - ones filled with vocal tracks.

Feb 3, 2008
I think it's the SMT DS using the EO engine that was hinted at before. The EO engine doesn't need much work to SMTify it, and the probable release date would make the development time just about that of EO2 if it's made by the same team.

And who knows, it could also play into the 'Prison Tokyo' rumor from a while back. It looks like some sort of portal lingering over a city, so the plot could be that the inhabitants of a city get stuck (imprisoned) in a parallel universe (which was also kind of the plot of Megami Ibunroku Persona).

It's nice to see Atlus hammering out the SMT games, if this really counts as one.

Jul 17, 2007
Yaweee said:
I think it's the SMT DS using the EO engine that was hinted at before. The EO engine doesn't need much work to SMTify it, and the probable release date would make the development time just about that of EO2 if it's made by the same team.
Sweet lord, I hope so. That would make my day/week/year.

And so the waiting for actual info begins :/

Jun 30, 2005
If it's repurposing the EO engine I just hope that Atlus takes the time to animate the enemy sprites. I love the speed of the EO combat system but if DQIV can have some wonderfully animated enemies and retain its speed so can the next Etrian Odyssey or whatever this game turns out to be.

Jun 7, 2004
jaundicejuice said:
If it's repurposing the EO engine I just hope that Atlus takes the time to animate the enemy sprites. I love the speed of the EO combat system but if DQIV can have some wonderfully animated enemies and retain its speed so can the next Etrian Odyssey or whatever this game turns out to be.
That would.... cost money! You do realize this is the same developer that has been using largely the same enemy models for all the 3D games since 2003 right? :lol

Oct 7, 2006
Breath of Fire IV
duckroll said:
http://www.atlusnet.jp/topic/detail/718

Meguro updated his creator's blog today and mentions that this week he's been busy recording vocal songs for an unannounced project. He mentions two tracks were recorded yesterday, with the ending theme song and a bonus track with a new vocalist being planned for tomorrow. He also mentions that the vocalist was selected from an internal audition, and there're more vocal tracks to record for the rest of the week. Could this be for P4 Fes? Or is Atlus planning on using the same style of music for this DS project? I'm more inclined to believe that he's working on P4 Fes, since this sounds exactly like the type of soundtrack the new Persona games have - ones filled with vocal tracks.
If a P4f exists, I doubt they're recording this many new songs... How many new songs were added in P3f?

Jun 7, 2004
Nibelung Valesti said:
If a P4f exists, I doubt they're recording this many new songs... How many new songs were added in P3f?
P3Fes got a full hour long 17 track OST, with a handful of them having vocals, which is what we have come to expect from P3/P4 BGM. P4 has even more vocal BGMs than P3 did, so the expansion having more is no surprise.

Jul 10, 2006
Scans finally showed up.

Another SRPG spinoff with crappy art. :| But I have to admit that the battle screens look interesting.