• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New AVGN episode was done in one take!! No time? Muh kids? Not today!!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Source about the screenwave guys being gone?
Not gone, but having less influence than before, at least when it comes to AVGN episodes.

I read that on 4chan back when I wrote that post, sorry for not being able to provide a source but I will if I find it.

akimbo009

Gold Member
I found this guy really amusing about a decade or so ago, either content quality has dropped or I've just well and truly outgrown it.

Was catching up on a few episodes and my son came downstairs and casually asked "you watching this alone?.. what year is it?".

Sooo.. yeah, not hitting the highs it used to

anthony2690

Banned
Was catching up on a few episodes and my son came downstairs and casually asked "you watching this alone?.. what year is it?".

Sooo.. yeah, not hitting the highs it used to
Tbh, I've never really been that big into YouTubers.

I watch game sack sometimes, but I don't enjoy it like I use too, I think it was better when there was two of them.

Hero_Select

Totally off-topic I know but is it just me or is his hair-line receding? That's what always being angry can do to you, the stress! :messenger_grinning_squinting:
He's been losing his hair for a good while now.

I used to love AVGN. Screenwave fucked the series up for me and unfortunately it's just not the same anymore. His older stuff is a lot more organic feeling. "I'm going to rant while playing this game" and his nerd room felt like a big art of it.

Now its "I'm going to sit here in front of a camera and talk over gameplay clips" where the camera is much more framed around him and theres very little movement and his surroundings are just.. static.

RAIDEN1

He's been losing his hair for a good while now.

I used to love AVGN. Screenwave fucked the series up for me and unfortunately it's just not the same anymore. His older stuff is a lot more organic feeling. "I'm going to rant while playing this game" and his nerd room felt like a big art of it.

Now its "I'm going to sit here in front of a camera and talk over gameplay clips" where the camera is much more framed around him and theres very little movement and his surroundings are just.. static.
Higher production values, the need to add in a sponsor at the beginning it never used to be that way on Gametrailers, so it was obvious he was going to change with the changing landscape of web videos compared to what it was like 10 years ago for him...

Totally off-topic I know but is it just me or is his hair-line receding? That's what always being angry can do to you, the stress! :messenger_grinning_squinting:
I mean, isn't he in his early 40s? People lose hair as they age. There's a lot to criticize James for regarding the quality of AVGN for the last 5 to 6 years, but hair loss is not one of them. I would just tell him he needs to change his hairstyle because it highlights his hair loss.

Portugeezer

I mean, isn't he in his early 40s? People lose hair as they age. There's a lot to criticize James for regarding the quality of AVGN for the last 5 to 6 years, but hair loss is not one of them. I would just tell him he needs to change his hairstyle because it highlights his hair loss.
For sure, that hairline is looking horrid 😂

His early stuff was enjoyable, it felt more organic and sincere. This was also at a time when YouTube was in it’s early years and imo still the best period of the site itself.

I barely watch the guy these days, the last two episodes that truly made me laugh was Crazy Bus particularly his facial expressions during the games bizarre title screen and The Town with no Name.

He’s never been the same since that awful film he made.

Krathoon

It is absurdly expensive to collect all the episodes on blu-ray. You are better off just getting them through other means.

I always get a kick out of the show.

Top Bottom