• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Banjo-Kazooie or Conker May Be Revealed At E3 2019

Myths

I can already picture Conker, ultra realistic lightning and fur... oh man but with the badassery

iconmaster

Banned
I'm 26 and Banjo Kazooie was right in the sweet spot of childhood N64 gaming for me.
As another user said, your time table is off, I'm 29 and played both Banjos.

tenor.gif

I stand corrected.

Banjo fans greatly overestimate the audience for that game type on Xbox and those particular characters. If we mean the 3D collect-a-thons, many folks who are now in their late 20s weren't old enough to play video games when the last one came out.

Sonic has at least continued to stay mildly relevant through regular game releases.
The fuck? I played tooie at launch and I'm 26

-MD-

Banjo fans greatly overestimate the audience for that game type on Xbox and those particular characters. If we mean the 3D collect-a-thons, many folks who are now in their late 20s weren't old enough to play video games when the last one came out.

Sonic has at least continued to stay mildly relevant through regular game releases.

Late 20s means they're 90s kids, I'm 28 and my life revolved around N64, Banjo included.

They really fucked up with Nuts & Bolts though, the reveal trailer was what everyone wanted and then they told everyone to fuck off and choke on vehicles.

While I do love the charme of Banjo and the others, I feel the star of the show in Banjo-Kazooie is the marvelous level design. If it's just about the charme, then Nuts & Bolts is a very worthy successor.

It's a combination of a lot of things. Charm, humor, exploration, good controls, great music, great level design, gameplay variety (transformations) etc.

As soon as they decided to go with vehicles half of those things went out the window. It was definitely a charming game and I tried to enjoy it for what it was but what a fucking mistake.

I just want to jump on shit, climb shit, collect notes, talk to funny characters and explore a world. Not edit my car so it can fly through a ring and then edit my car again so it can win a race.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Nuts n' Bolts was great, ahead of it's time in physics based vehicle building. Would love a sequel..

I feel the star of the show in Banjo-Kazooie is the marvelous level design.

I remember how much it totally blew my mind in Tooie that some of the levels had interconnected short cuts with each other.

Sure, in the age of open world games that's tame, but at the time it was a great subversion of expectations and is still neat.

Late 20s means they're 90s kids, I'm 28 and my life revolved around N64, Banjo included.

They really fucked up with Nuts & Bolts though, the reveal trailer was what everyone wanted and then they told everyone to fuck off and choke on vehicles.

It's a combination of a lot of things. Charm, humor, exploration, good controls, great music, great level design, gameplay variety (transformations) etc.

As soon as they decided to go with vehicles half of those things went out the window. It was definitely a charming game and I tried to enjoy it for what it was but what a fucking mistake.

I just want to jump on shit, climb shit, collect notes, talk to funny characters and explore a world. Not edit my car so it can fly through a ring and then edit my car again so it can win a race.

From the depths of my memory comes this 4chan /v/ comic about Nuts and Bolts that still makes me laugh.

U1cVZFz.jpg

mcjmetroid

Probably Banjo over conker.

I would prefer conker but if Microsoft are censoring the word "god" in racing games and also the fact they censored the original game when they remade it... I wouldn't hold my breath it bring decent

If history is anything to go by, retro games should stay in retro heaven. Any time they did a modern take for a sequel,it sucked. Only a remake sometimes works but a direct sequel to a beloved old game...automatic fail and id rather not have any.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If history is anything to go by, retro games should stay in retro heaven. Any time they did a modern take for a sequel,it sucked. Only a remake sometimes works but a direct sequel to a beloved old game...automatic fail and id rather not have any.
PoP Sands of Time was leagues better than PoP1-3.
DKC Returns was much better than DKC1-3.
Many will argue Metal Gear Solid is much better than Metal Gear.
Yoshi's Island DS is better than Yoshi's Story.
Metroid Prime is as good as Super Metroid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom