• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Banjo Kazooie site launches

Brashnir

seeing as there's nothing at the site but a spinning puzzle piece that says "coming soon," I wouldn't worry if you can't see it =P

SPEA

Guys, don't bother. It's just a teaser site. Still, soooo pumped for a new Banjo.

banjoteaser.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
You got me to download silverlight to see a spinning puzzle piece and "coming soon"?

You are either a dirty viral or a dirty whore... or both

Now that I have silverlight installed I want netflix to start using it so I can "watch it now" on my mac :p

Kruhex

Anyone else think this game is never coming out? Rare should have diverted all of their attention to making this instead of the fluff crap they've been putting out.

Akira

Banjo Design: no more almond shaped eyes(thumbs up), but he has Sperm Whale teeth! WTF Rare!

Excitement level rising.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
SPEA said:
You can see a glimpse of Banjo as well. First screen. Neogaf exclusive!
lol

banjo.jpg

Thats Banjo's reflection on his monitor while trying to view his site. "silverlight? What?"

methodman

Banned
I don't have my hopes up. Rare is like the George R.R. Martin of the gaming world except not nearly as good at what they do.

MCD

laesperanzapaz said:
keep your non-gaming business out of my gaming! Don't force gamers to install your unproven, worthless shit just to view a promo website!
this is MS's flash.

better get used to it for all MS related websites.

methodman said:
I don't have my hopes up. Rare is like the George R.R. Martin of the gaming world except not nearly as good at what they do.

i dunno, the original banjo 1+2 team is behind this(correct me if wrong) so i am not worried about it.

lord pie

Fio said:
As if flash wasn't bad enough.

If you will indulge me I'll just put my pro-silverlight hat on.

We do a lot of UI rapid prototyping in windows presentation foundation (which silverlight is a subset). Then we do the actual games using scaleform, which is flash implementation for Direct3D, GL, etc.

I can say with absolute conviction that WPF is *much* better api for developing UIs.*
All our internal project tools are WPF. It's just a hell of a lot better.

*yes I know silverlight is a lot more limited right now, but 2.0 will significantly improve things.

Of course just like flash there will be a period where developers go 'oooh shiny!' and use it just for the sake of it. It won't be till the end of the year (or the olympics) till we see sites actually really exploit it.

Oliver.S

Kruhex said:
Anyone else think this game is never coming out? Rare should have diverted all of their attention to making this instead of the fluff crap they've been putting out.
John Cleese: "Shut up!!"

Kruhex

thebagofsand said:
I doubt this will come 2008.

It's coming out the day Duke Nukem Forever comes out. In the meantime, Rare has to work hard in producing "Furry racers 2k8" and a platformer for 4 year olds.

stotch

Banned
Kruhex said:
It's coming out the day Duke Nukem Forever comes out. In the meantime, Rare has to work hard in producing "Furry racers 2k8" and a platformer for 4 year olds.

Banjo is MS's kids game. Viva Pinata was not for kids, and neither was PD2. Kameo is the kiddiest game Rare has put out on the 360, but it was in development since the Gamecube days.

Bildi

1) I have no idea what a Silverlight is;
2) No way am I installing it because I arbitrarily deem it a piece of shit;
3) Banjo's new design sucks donkey balls etc etc etc...

Top Bottom