• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Banjo Kazooie site launches

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Destructoid said:
Looking at the source code, there is information which lists Banjo-Kazooie 3 for Windows as well as Xbox 360. There is also a listing for Main, Forums, Blogs, Leaderboards and Photomode.

EDIT: Looks like this was all placeholder comments and stuff, most likely nothing to do with Banjo.

Roquentin

Destructoid said:
Looking at the source code, there is information which lists Banjo-Kazooie 3 for Windows as well as Xbox 360. There is also a listing for Main, Forums, Blogs, Leaderboards and Photomode.
If they talk about this line of code
SourceCode said:
s.prop8="Xbox" //Game Type (Windows, Xbox)
then the comment is probably just an usage example.

Michan

BiasedGamer said:
Code:
s.prop8="Xbox" //Game Type (Windows, Xbox)

I was about to post the same.

Also, look at this:
Code:
s.prop10="Main"		//Feature Section (Main, Forums, Blogs, Leaderboards, PhotoMode

This is probably a usage example too, as the code seems to be a global Microsoft thing. The comment is just an example of types of pages the page in question could be.

Forum/Blog/Leaderboard/Photo mode rumours debunked.

pswii60

BiasedGamer said:

Indeed it is. The meta tags all refer to only Xbox 360 and only the Xbox 360 logo is on the site. Rare also stated a while back that they won't be doing a PC version of BK. They'd only do a PC version of one of their games if it fitted well to the PC, eg Viva Pinata (and even that has been outsourced).

pswii60

Anasui Kishibe said:
let's hope this will be the title Rare will use to redeem themselves, but I seriously doubt it
Viva Pinata wasn't my cup of tea, but critically that is definitely the point they were redeemed. Great scores and word of mouth all around.

I really enjoyed Kameo, thought it was excellent (but too short), but PDZ was pretty awful I agree.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Banjo 1 had some brilliant levels. Banjo 2 was a bunch of bullshit with a horrendous framerate.

beerbelly

Banned
Anasui Kishibe said:
yes, i did. I thought they were decent games, maybe even good, but kinda mehish. Pinata sure is better than Kameo

I can definitely see someone not enjoying Viva Pinata as much if they didn't have the patience to learn the core gameplay which is pretty deep. I think Viva Pinata is a game designed for you to design your own fun, which is why it's one of the best games out there.

Rlan

I just went back to Kameo just now (Trying to figure out what to play for Easter weekend) and man.. I don't see how people could love this game.

The controls are really crap for the most part, particularly the poor turning circle everyone has. The camera is FAR too close to the character so you're running into it for a good amount of time. The effects - while good - are nothing when the animation in cutscenes and play are something out of an early Gamecube title. Starfox Adventures was far more polished.

It's aged VERY Poorly.

soldat7

Rlan said:
I just went back to Kameo just now (Trying to figure out what to play for Easter weekend) and man.. I don't see how people could love this game.

The controls are really crap for the most part, particularly the poor turning circle everyone has. The camera is FAR too close to the character so you're running into it for a good amount of time. The effects - while good - are nothing when the animation in cutscenes and play are something out of an early Gamecube title. Starfox Adventures was far more polished.

It's aged VERY Poorly.

But it still LOOKS purty.

Gigglepoo

Rare could release ten AAA titles in a row and people will still be waiting for them to redeem themselves.

After Ghoulies, Kameo, It's Mr. Pants and Viva Piñata, I have full faith in Rare. At the very worst, their games are fun, and that's enough for me to get ridiculously excited.

Michan

Gigglepoo said:
After Ghoulies, Kameo, It's Mr. Pants and Viva Piñata, I have full faith in Rare. At the very worst, their games are fun, and that's enough for me to get ridiculously excited.

...What? Ghoulies was pretty meh, and It's Mr. Pants was a puzzle game with little to no replay value. Kameo was okay, but considering the development time it had, it should have been a spectacle. It spanned over three generations, after all.

Viva Piñata is proof that Rare still has a spark, but they're still incomparable to who they once were. Excellent release after excellent release; do you remember B-K, Blast Corps, JFJ, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc? And that's just to mention a single platform.

Rare went from one of, if not the best in the industry, to a developer that spurts out the occasional good game, with a bunch of junk in between the distant releases.

Don't get me wrong; I still have a lot of love for the folks up North of my home. But for those thinking Rare has almost redeemed themselves as the developers they were a decade ago: you couldn't be any more wrong.

Here's hoping B-K3 is a treat.

Gigglepoo

Michan said:
It's Mr. Pants was a puzzle game with little to no replay value.

You finished It's Mr. Pants? I'm shocked! I was stuck on a puzzle when I saw Viva at E3 a few years ago and actually asked the lead developer, Gregg Mayles, how to solve a puzzle. He didn't even know. I didn't think anyone even bought this game, let alone finished it.

gohepcat

Banned
Amm Silverlite is very good. Silverlight 2.0 is friggin outstanding (uses Seadragon tech Click Me). Do any of you have any friggin idea what the hell you are talking about?

I am soooo jonesing for a good platformer.

Michan

Gigglepoo said:
You finished It's Mr. Pants? I'm shocked! I was stuck on a puzzle when I saw Viva at E3 a few years ago and actually asked the lead developer, Gregg Mayles, how to solve a puzzle. He didn't even know. I didn't think anyone even bought this game, let alone finished it.
I never finished it, but I got pretty close. The lack of randomness that other puzzle games have defeated the sense of challenge once you completed a puzzle.

I didn't actually buy it; I reviewed it. But I would have probably bought it anyway, as I tend not to skip a Rare release.

Holy Fuck! Every single fucker that took the time to bitch about Microsoft and Silverlight would've spent less tiem just clicking the fucking button thats says "INSTALL". Not a fucking hard thing

Like seriously, you guys find a way to bitch about anything.

And there is no doubt Banjo is coming out in 2008. No doubt.

Gigglepoo

Michan said:
I never finished it, but I got pretty close. The lack of randomness that other puzzle games have defeated the sense of challenge once you completed a puzzle.

It's a logic/problem solving puzzle game. It's more akin to the awesome Layton than Tetris Attack. Since you (and every living person) couldn't finish the game, replay value doesn't seem that relevant.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Vast Inspiration said:
Holy Fuck! Every single fucker that took the time to bitch about Microsoft and Silverlight would've spent less tiem just clicking the fucking button thats says "INSTALL". Not a fucking hard thing

Like seriously, you guys find a way to bitch about anything.

And there is no doubt Banjo is coming out in 2008. No doubt.

Wow... first I don't want to install Microsoft garbage in my PC, I'm fine with flash as everyone in the world is. My PC has enough spyware and adware to let MS install their own.

Second the release of the game is a tentative date and no game footage has been released (unless you count the HORRIBLE character models they showed on that teaser), so I wouldn't dare to say a release date. I'll say most likely sometime 2009 (remember they still are Rare, so a delay shouldn't be something new).

And the game is going to suck just like any Rare game has after the N64 era (counting some of their N64 titles).

Ariexv

manueldelalas said:
Wow... first I don't want to install Microsoft garbage in my PC, I'm fine with flash as everyone in the world is. My PC has enough spyware and adware to let MS install their own.

Second the release of the game is a tentative date and no game footage has been released (unless you count the HORRIBLE character models they showed on that teaser), so I wouldn't dare to say a release date. I'll say most likely sometime 2009 (remember they still are Rare, so a delay shouldn't be something new).

And the game is going to suck just like any Rare game has after the N64 era (counting some of their N64 titles).
Do you even own a 360?

SPEA

GitarooMan said:
So why do you even care about the site or this news?
Exactly. What's the point of coming in this thread, let alone typing out an essay, if you don't give a crap and it's gonna "suck anyway"?

gohepcat

Banned
manueldelalas said:

Ugg. People seriously have no idea what limitations flash has, and how silverlight addresses these.

At the very least people should be grateful that Flash is finally going to get upgraded in a meaningful way because Silverlight is such a serious threat.

Just keep on whining though.

[Nintex]

Just stop teasing and show the damn game already. Banjo won't stand a chance against Gears of War 2 in the holiday season. It would be a perfect summer title for 2008 not 2009 or 2043 on Playstation Omega. Although RARE made some excellent Xbox games, sometimes it's like they got left behind in the N64 era. Kameo and SFA had N64 controls and in some points N64 level design. The overworld in Kameo was the most barren piece of shit ever.

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Everyone who makes this claim should be forced to have a Viva Pinata avatar.

Wow so you'll tell me next that SFA, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kameo, BK GBA, It's Mr. Pants, Sabrewulf GBA, PD zero were all great games?

I'll tell you, all of them (even Kameo) were shit (pretty shit). They couldn't even do the Conker port right. How can you hope BK3 will be good?

I think that Rare has gone the way of Sonic... someone said Sonic was all about speed and all Sonic games that are released are faster but worse than the last one; then someone said Rare is all about pretty graphics and all Rare games have been a beautiful unplayable crap.

I haven't played Viva Piñata, and I won't because it's not my kind of game, I don't like chore games.

GbtG, Kameo, and PDZ weren't classics like the N64 days, but calling them shit is ridiculous. I haven't played the others, so I can't comment.

manueldelalas said:
Wow so you'll tell me next that SFA, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kameo, BK GBA, It's Mr. Pants, Sabrewulf GBA, PD zero were all great games?

I'll tell you, all of them (even Kameo) were shit (pretty shit). They couldn't even do the Conker port right. How can you hope BK3 will be good?

I think that Rare has gone the way of Sonic... someone said Sonic was all about speed and all Sonic games that are released are faster but worse than the last one; then someone said Rare is all about pretty graphics and all Rare games have been a beautiful unplayable crap.

I haven't played Viva Piñata, and I won't because it's not my kind of game, I don't like chore games.
Sorry, but you said ALL games post N64 by Rare sucked. Just because you're too much of a stubborn idiot to try it doesn't make Viva Pinata any less of a phenomenal game.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
manueldelalas said:
Viva Pinata was ANNOUNCED in March, and released in November of the same year. How about that?

Slavik81

So did Silverlight come into existance because Adobe bought Macromedia?

thebagofsand said:
I doubt this will come 2008.
It damn well better. I've been waiting for this game for 2 years already.
When I bought my 360, it was the 3rd game I was planning to buy for the system.

[Nintex]

GauntletFan said:
What was wrong with it exactly, other than it being identical with an incredible graphical makeover?
Tank N64 controls, censored even more than the N64 version and the minigames/online weren't very fun. Instead of the cool baseball bat battles inside the bank and the D-Day cheese stuff we got some lame team based multiplayer shoot-outs.

Gigglepoo said:
Rare could release ten AAA titles in a row and people will still be waiting for them to redeem themselves.

fact is, it hasn't happened since 1999. Rare has become a decent developer just like a billion of devs out here, while it used to be an EXCELLENT brand, almost second to none. "Rare"= quality, in ancient times

Keep your faith, I will keep my concerns

Skiptastic said:
GbtG, Kameo, and PDZ weren't classics like the N64 days, but calling them shit is ridiculous. I haven't played the others, so I can't comment.

the n64 ones?
if so, that's why you dont think they're shit. Well, they aren't but early Rare was a completely different story, besides what some last minute idiotic revisionists here on Gaf are trying to say about their golden age

[Nintex] said:
Tank N64 controls, censored even more than the N64 version and the minigames/online weren't very fun. Instead of the cool baseball bat battles inside the bank and the D-Day cheese stuff we got some lame team based multiplayer shoot-outs.

*shrug* as a huge Conkers fan on the N64 in no way did I feel let down by the Xbox remake.

TheOddOne

Just my 2 cents.

The reason we aint seen much of BK, Alan Wake etc. is because of Too Human. I think Too Human gave MGS a hart attack, so there carefull to release anything then a complete working build.

pswii60

TheOddOne said:
Just my 2 cents.

The reason we aint seen much of BK, Alan Wake etc. is because of Too Human. I think Too Human gave MGS a hart attack, so there carefull to release anything then a complete working build.
Well, it's obvious that MS have been listening to Dyack. They are now very careful as to when they announce a game, and also very careful about when they release the media and information to the public.

Ninja Gaiden II was announced last year, and it was clearly far along in to development at that point. The first time we saw actual Fable 2 footage was GDC and again, clearly far along in development. Gears has only just been announced for a 2008 release, and even now we don't know anything about it, nor have we seen any media.

That's why I wouldn't be surprised if MS actually have a few surprises up their sleeves for 2008 in terms of game releases. Rare, for example, mentioned in a recent scribes that the VP team has been working on an unannounced game that should also see a 2008 release.

Top Bottom