• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman: Arkham City DLC Coming Soon? New Trophies revealed? (Warning: Spoilers)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Update:

Rocksteady released a teaser image.

bac.jpg

Looks like Harley with a big hammer.

Excite!

222222222222tppiu.png

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...s-hint-at-batman-arkham-city-story-based-dlc/

66666666666vxunh.png

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/batman-arkham-city/trophies/

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
As stated in the OT

There goes my milestone =/, 100th Platinum with 100%, damn, time to go to Best Buy and grab a $10 copy post-haste

Tizoc

Interesting, hope you can play as her original outfit from the cartoon, her Arkham outfit is just...eh.

Interesting, hope you can play as her original outfit from the cartoon, her Arkham outfit is just...eh.

You won't play as her. Read the descriptions, you play as Robin.

Most likely, Harley finally gets a boss fight. As a huge Harley fan, yay.

More Arkham City is always welcome. Favorite game this gen.

Sn4ke_911

I think she is playable. Catwoman DLC, Robin DLC, Nightwing DLC and now Harley Quinn DLC.

They are all playable. My god i would fuck the nearest hole if she is playable with her TAS outfit.

Maybe not in the story but in challenge maps.

mclem

While that's likely to be the case, I should point out that the only description that mentions Robin talks in terms of "Harley's Revenge". It crosses my mind that this *could* be talking in terms of challenge rooms (since Riddler's Revenge -> Harley's Revenge), although they may simply be inconsistent with naming.

She got one in Mr. Freeze's room in AA. I'd be quite happy for more, though.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I think she is playable. Catwoman DLC, Robin DLC, Nightwing DLC and now Harley Quinn DLC.

They are all playable. My god i would fuck the nearest hole if she is playable with her TAS outfit.
All those had achievements for those characters. This doesn't look to have any pertaining to Harley.

Personally, I'm bummed they never added Batgirl.
While that's likely to be the case, I should point out that the only description that mentions Robin talks in terms of "Harley's Revenge". It crosses my mind that this *could* be talking in terms of challenge rooms (since Riddler's Revenge -> Harley's Revenge), although they may simply be inconsistent with naming.
Shield Bash and Snap Flash were both moves exclusive to Robin. The first few achievements clearly point to a new area to progress through, you wouldn't be getting new equipment and finding secret entrances in a challenge room.

Hmmm, this puts me in a bit of a dilemma. B:AC was my GOTY and i'm looking forward to this DLC, but i held off on buying the Robin and Nightwing challenge packs in hope of a GOTY edition with all the DLC included coming out this spring. Since it hasn't been announced yet, i'm not sure now if i should wait for what could turn out to be another six months, or just get the DLC now and risk the GOTY edition coming out shortly after. /firstworldproblems

GraveRobberX

Could you imagine the one-liners if Harley was playable and had challenge rooms

If you thought Catwoman one liners during fights was disturbing, Harley would be borderline Rated NC-17/AO

I mean just flying around Gotham and the way those thugs talked about Harley, every time I heard something, I would sweep down and Beat the ever living shit out of them =/

<3 Harley, but she's better as a Boss character

Maybe not in the story but in challenge maps.
Why would she be playable? I'd love it, but this is for those who wanted to free roam as Robin.

She got one in Mr. Freeze's room in AA. I'd be quite happy for more, though.

That's not a bossfight, come on now. And look all the cheevos. There's no "Complete all campaigns with Harley" or anything. This is Robin vs. Harley story

GraveRobberX

Hmmm, this puts me in a bit of a dilemma. B:AC was my GOTY and i'm looking forward to this DLC, but i held off on buying the Robin and Nightwing challenge packs in hope of a GOTY edition with all the DLC included coming out this spring. Since it hasn't been announced yet, i'm not sure now if i should wait for what could turn out to be another six months, or just get the DLC now and risk the GOTY edition coming out shortly after. /firstworldproblems

If trophy/cheev hunting, get ready to spend endless hours lol

Took me 2 weeks to 100% all 4 Characters to 100%... I'm talking 4-6 hours a day of pure Challenges, Combat and Predator

Future DLC:

Nightwing vs. Deadshot, next?
Catwoman vs. Talia Al Ghul?
Batman vs. Killer Croc?

Tizoc

Oh I see, no biggies, I like Tim Drake so this should be fun I hope =)
...but still DLC for Tim's traditional Robin outfits please~

If trophy/cheev hunting, get ready to spend endless hours lol

Took me 2 weeks to 100% all 4 Characters to 100%... I'm talking 4-6 hours a day of pure Challenges, Combat and Predator

Future DLC:

Nightwing vs. Deadshot, next?
Catwoman vs. Talia Al Ghul?
Batman vs. Killer Croc?

100% the challenges won't be an issue, i did it for Batman and Catwoman right after i beat the game on NG+ and it was very fun, really makes you appreciate the combat and stealth mechanics, but after that i needed a break before doing Robin's and Nightwing's challenges, so i thought i might as well wait until the GOTY edition comes out or the DLC goes on sale. But now with this story DLC coming out i might feel the urge to get the challenge packs as well, instead of waiting until i could get them cheaper. :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I would've loved to play as Harley, but yeah...this is pretty clearly Robin. Shield bash and ziplines, plus nothing attached to combat and predator rooms she'd inevitably be a part of if she was a character.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Quinn ? meh... Just give me a DLC with playable Cassandra Cain with her unique super crazy fighting style and I will buy the shit out of it.

Fantastic. Arkham City deserved more than different character packs for the same old combat rooms as DLC. Hopefully it'll be set during Batman's story; Robin only popped up once in the whole game and it seemed like he was keeping himself busy.

GQman2121

Banned
This is fantastic news. Conroy redeemed.

Don't forget that this is only $10 at Best Buy this week if you have their magazine coupon. Plus, marked copies at Best Buy come packaged with the Robin DLC.

RPGCrazied

Wonder why it took so long? I'm guessing since its going to release with the Wii U, they wanted the DLC to be close to the Wii U version.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
As a big fan of Cassandra Cain, I wholeheartdly agree.

You have my batarang.

Cassie and Dick are the best members of the bat family.

<3

Let's have a Cass party and invite Dan DiDio to it.

Wonder why it took so long? I'm guessing since its going to release with the Wii U, they wanted the DLC to be close to the Wii U version.

maybe Rocksteady were just busy with the Dark Knight Rises game...

If anyone had a chance to read the Arkham City comics, there is a nice story that takes place before the game with Robin sneaking in without Batman knowing. He does surveillance on what Harley Quinn is doing inside. I am hoping that this is what the DLC will be about.

Sn4ke_911

I hope it's as big as the GTA IV DLC's lost and damned and ballad of gay tony.

Would buy at a high price.

Riposte

Put me on team Cassandra Cain. I've stopped reading comics lately, but I still follow up on that character's storyline. No Man's Land was basically my introductory comic and Batgirl serial was one of my favorites. Never. Should. Have. Been. Canceled. Fucking year skip.

Top Bottom