• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman Comic Features the Joker Helping an Evil Trump and Greta Thunberg in Heroic Role

SoulUnison

Banned
What more do you need to see?

The whole thing.
Anyone that tells you "You don't need any more information, I've made up your mind for you on this topic," has an agenda.

I'm not even gonna try quoting on mobile.
Tl;Dr joker and Darkseid try to get orange man elected because they are villains and of course they want orange man bad as president

This opinion should not be trusted as it is encouraging people to not acquire more information on their own, uses false equivalency, and makes use of politically charged memes ("orange man bad"), proving its own inability to be impartial.

Whoever did the inking did a Greata job capturing the pudgy faced globalist potato muppet.

Wow, you sure have a lot of weirdly complex and intraconnected hate against a child whose message is basically "Don't shit where you eat," a lesson that has made itself self-evident through nature basically as long as there's been nature.

Seriously, let's unpack this statement: "That autistic child who I disagree with on an issue that makes sense for her to be invested in and passionate about is ugly, stupid and being manipulated - possibly by Jews."

It's impressive when a person can show you they're bigoted in so many ways in the span of a single sentence.

Stop falling for outrage marketing.

Don't give these people any clicks, even if the comic is somehow good.

"Even if the product is of high quality and the overarching message rings true, do not support it, as it does not align with my personal politics."

Think about how far we came.

Batman is such a loser now.

How is Batman, a fictional individual, suddenly "a loser" for the opinions of the writers of a specific issue of a comic in a multimedia series that has been running decades? This statement implies that your worldview hinges on the Batman comics and that the entirety of human history and civilization has failed and utterly ceased to progress because of how you feel about the current political and artistic climate.

This is a unique form of tunnel-vision and narcissism.

Last edited:
First Frank Miller made Batman cool af by making him a Fascist, now he wants to help Trump out by teaming him up with Joker.

V4skunk

Banned
I've got all the limited prints of Frank Millers Batman graphic novels!
I won't be getting this one...Get woke go broke.

oagboghi2

The whole thing.
Anyone that tells you "You don't need any more information, I've made up your mind for you on this topic," has an agenda.

This opinion should not be trusted as it is encouraging people to not acquire more information on their own, uses false equivalency, and makes use of politically charged memes ("orange man bad"), proving its own inability to be impartial.

Wow, you sure have a lot of weirdly complex and intraconnected hate against a child whose message is basically "Don't shit where you eat," a lesson that has made itself self-evident through nature basically as long as there's been nature.

Seriously, let's unpack this statement: "That autistic child who I disagree with on an issue that makes sense for her to be invested in and passionate about is ugly, stupid and being manipulated - possibly by Jews."

It's impressive when a person can show you they're bigoted in so many ways in the span of a single sentence.

"Even if the product is of high quality and the overarching message rings true, do not support it, as it does not align with my personal politics."

How is Batman, a fictional individual, suddenly "a loser" for the opinions of the writers of a specific issue of a comic in a multimedia series that has been running decades? This statement implies that your worldview hinges on the Batman comics and that the entirety of human history and civilization has failed and utterly ceased to progress because of how you feel about the current political and artistic climate.

This is a unique form of tunnel-vision and narcissism.
lol

"guys, make sure to give your money to the pandering "woke" corporation before you dare criticize something, and how dare you insult our saint Greta?"

SoulUnison

Banned
Whatever happened to "Let's analyze this statement/sentence"?

I honestly don't get the joke, if there's even supposed to be one here, but you should probably ask yourself what's gone wrong in your life if you are threatened by someone phrasing a question differently than you would. Is 'unpack' politically charged language, to you, or are you just looking for things to be offended by/take issue with?

lol

"guys, make sure to give your money to the pandering "woke" corporation before you dare criticize something, and how dare you insult our saint Greta?"

Impressive. So much wrong with such a relatively short sentence.

Actually, it's more like "Do your own thinking and research, don't draw conclusions until you're sure you're fully informed and, as someone also on the spectrum, I can recognize that sort of language for what it is: bigoted bullying. You can't reasonably attack what she's saying because it's objective science, so you're inventing things to attack by trying to say she's being manipulated and doesn't believe in her own message or that she's somehow not worth listening to because of her autism. "

Before you try some sort of pithy/bitchy/dismissive/"clever" rebuttal, I ask you: Which of these principles are you disagreeing with:

-Be informed.
-Don't speak without thinking.
-Don't be prejudiced.
-Don't be cruel to autistic children. (Well, anyone, really.)

Any answer that doesn't actually answer is an evasion and an admittance that this conversation has become completely beyond your depth.

She isn't going to notice you senpai, quit white knighting.

Interesting. So the only reason you can conceive of that a person would attempt to be "decent" is to "score a babe?"

Last edited:

SoulUnison

Banned
Nah, just you.

That rebuttal doesn't work for a multitude of reasons and your inability or unwillingness to engage with literally any other part of my post means that you know you're defeated before you even try. Congratulations: Everything you just said is wrong, You tried to fall back on a meme as a clever comeback (no u) and managed to find new ways to fail in 3 words or less.

Last edited:

SoulUnison

Banned
This might be the end of DC Comics as we know it.

You act as though comics have never done too-on-the-nose ripped-from-the-headlines stories or even directly featured real-world political characters before.

AmazinSpidermanObama.jpg

How can you apparently care so much about DC comics yet seemingly know no comics history?
You realize the X-Men are about minority rights and oppression, right?
Remember when Superman encouraged people to buy war bonds by saying doing so would "slap a Jap?"

97_4_0000058.jpg

Seems like you're just saying "I'm not being pandered to and that's inexcusable."

Last edited:
You act as though comics have never done too-on-the-nose ripped-from-the-headlines stories or even directly featured real-world political characters before.
How can you apparently care so much about DC comics yet seemingly know no comics history?
You realize the X-Men are about minority rights and oppression, right?

You're just saying "I'm not being pandered to and that's inexcusable."

AmazinSpidermanObama.jpg
They did Obama too!?
rsz_1rsz_5z1dito.png

Last edited:
Troubling.
Politics aren't as clear cut as the 20th Century politics were.

Nowadays, politics have become a grey area with confusing geopolitics and blatant media bias.

So yes, I believe in today's age, comics and art should either remove politics or infuse a neutral stance like Disco Elysium. Ask Shifty Shifty , he'll vouch for that game's elegant stance and deft execution of politics in the context of storytelling and art.

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
Politics aren't as clear cut as the 20th Century politics were.

Nowadays, politics have become a grey area with confusing geopolitics and blatant media bias.

So yes, I believe in today's age, comics and art should either remove politics or infuse a neutral stance like Disco Elysium. Ask Shifty Shifty , he'll vouch for that game's elegant stance and deft execution of politics in the context of storytelling and art.
Who’s enforcing what people should be allowed to put in their comics?

if someone violates your sensibilities should the government send in armed guards to haul them off to the camps?

Ok stalin

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't get the joke, if there's even supposed to be one here, but you should probably ask yourself what's gone wrong in your life if you are threatened by someone phrasing a question differently than you would. Is 'unpack' politically charged language, to you, or are you just looking for things to be offended by/take issue with?
It's not a joke.
It's a response to new age buzzword speak which enjoys making up new words for greater effect than the old ones.

That is, tell me to "unpack" language and I'll tell you that the rest of your words are going to be ignored.

Ornlu

Banned
Too on the nose/blatant to be worth looking at....political commentary in media is best done as a reflection from a mirror rather than something that clunky.

The real villian here is Batman with all his wealth and using his Suit, Batmobile, Batmorangs and the like which is all a bunch of plastic destroying the environment.

According to Comic Greta that is okay and it is the Joker (who seems to be using the Recyled US Flag as his suit) who wants to reduce the population to keep the planet a greener place who seems to be the good guy.

/s

What a confusing message the comic is portraying. It is injecting real life issues in but at the same time is trying to make the Joker and Trump look bad when Batman clearly could help in Climate change with his mass wealth (not that ot matters in a comic book).

On top of this, if the Author really wanted to talk about Clinate Change, then make all your Books Bio-Disposable so that the book literally melts within a few days so we can forget your crap stories and move on. :LOL:

desertdroog

That rebuttal doesn't work for a multitude of reasons and your inability or unwillingness to engage with literally any other part of my post means that you know you're defeated before you even try. Congratulations: Everything you just said is wrong, You tried to fall back on a meme as a clever comeback (no u) and managed to find new ways to fail in 3 words or less.
I complimented the inker on capturing the useless idiots likeness in pulp fiction form. You got sand in your panties over it.

Not sure what you need from me, sort your own life out.

oagboghi2

Impressive. So much wrong with such a relatively short sentence.
You know, I was joking, but since you want to act like a POS, let's go.

Actually, it's more like "Do your own thinking and research, don't draw conclusions until you're sure you're fully informed and, as someone also on the spectrum, I can recognize that sort of language for what it is: bigoted bullying. You can't reasonably attack what she's saying because it's objective science, so you're inventing things to attack by trying to say she's being manipulated and doesn't believe in her own message or that she's somehow not worth listening to because of her autism. "
I am informed. I have been following comics for years. I know what woke garbage looks like, and I'm not going to waste my money on garbage. This is what Marvel/DC have been doing for years. It isn't deep, it isn't insightful, it isn't even fucking new. DC is what, 3 years late to Marvel comparing Trump to the Red Skull. I don't have to pretend this shit is anything more than what is is, just to protect your feelings

and kindly go fuck yourself with this autistic crap. Greta is a public figure, is open to criticism just like everyone else. Hiding behind autism is fucking pathetic. Get over it

Before you try some sort of pithy/bitchy/dismissive/"clever" rebuttal, I ask you: Which of these principles are you disagreeing with:

-Be informed.
Funny coming from someone who isn't informed
-Don't speak without thinking.
Again, take your own advice
-Don't be prejudiced.
Coming from you, this is laughable
-Don't be cruel to autistic children. (Well, anyone, really.)
I'll be "cruel" to anyone I like, thanks

Any answer that doesn't actually answer is an evasion and an admittance that this conversation has become completely beyond your depth.
And I will answer you anyway I like. If you don't like it, put me on ignore, you fucking prick

Last edited:

SoulUnison

Banned

Nope. Things aren't the same as they used to be, but you're looking at everything before now with coke-bottle thick rose-colored glasses.

Politics have always been a gray area. If anything, they're clearer now, since we're hitting Nixon levels of cartoon corruption.
Geopolitics are always confusing because they're politics, but multiplied by the planet.

You're only calling the media bias "blatant" now because you don't like that there's something to talk about and people are actually doing it.
You think the idea of publications being generally right or left-leaning is something that's just happened over the last couple years?

SoulUnison

Banned
It's not a joke.
It's a response to new age buzzword speak which enjoys making up new words for greater effect than the old ones.
That is, tell me to "unpack" language and I'll tell you that the rest of your words are going to be ignored.

That's an unhealthy amount of implication to attach to completely harmless word choice, and an excuse to be preemptively dismissive if you don't think you're going to like what's being said.

You know, I was joking, but since you want to act like a POS, let's go.

I am informed. I have been following comics for years. I know what woke garbage looks like, and I'm not going to waste my money on garbage. This is what Marvel/DC have been doing for years. It isn't deep, it isn't insightful, it isn't even fucking new. DC is what, 3 years late to Marvel comparing Trump to the Red Skull. I don't have to pretend this shit is anything more than what is is, just to protect your feelings.

You don't know what it is, because you're adamant that you don't need to know to be able to judge it.
You think it "hurts my feelings" to see strangers make uninformed snap judgments of something I didn't even know existed until this conversation started?
More like "It bothers me deeply to see people people vigorously patting themselves on the back for almost-literally judging a book by its cover."

I'll be "cruel" to anyone I like, thanks

But...then you're being cruel. Is that really a place you're happy being?

...and kindly go fuck yourself with this autistic crap. Greta is a public figure, is open to criticism just like everyone else.

Who's hiding behind it? I'm saying keep it above the belt. Iif you have no scientific argument and all you can say is "that autistic girl is stupid and looks like a potato" then you're not really saying anything except that you're angry that this person exists, but you can't or won't actually voice why.

And I will answer you anyway I like. If you don't like it, put me on ignore, you fucking prick

How dare I expect you to justify your position in a political thread.

Last edited:

SoulUnison

Banned

I mean, honestly, maybe. I'm not great at reading social cues and I know I can be verbose with odd timing and inflection, but that doesn't mean my points are automatically incorrect or can be dismissed out of hand. I'm trying really hard to remember not to be mean, but not to roll over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom