• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BAYONETTA Images

Srider said:
I have a feeling the main character is not entirely a woman.....
Maybe its just....thick....thats not so bad right?

..and if it turns out to be a man, that has to be one of the biggest twists in history :lol

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
SapientWolf said:
Are you saying women don't get boners?

time to turn this character-model-hate-train around:

wgtf2o.jpg

jett

D-Member
They need to stop showing off pictures of this game and release a video with gameplay action. Bland backgrounds and HIDEOS character designs aren't exciting.

i dont really think he neck is that long, the way that oufit is set up to elongate everything.
but she is very supermodel esque in proportions. to many games have chunky huge boob types ( sciv) we could use twig here or there.

34xmhr8.jpg

i redlined where her shoulder look like they are going so her neck is to bad. long but not unatural.

also WTF is with the putti holding his junk.

dionysus said:
He is taking a whiz. The statue is a fountain. Obviously they are several levels of meaning though.

its not something new to me... just in the context of the picture i think it takes on a totally different set of sensabilities.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Barkley's Justice said:
it's not really new art design tho, is it?

anime librarian in s&m gear...*waves magical hands*

No, but it's a rarity in gaming. How many action games have women as main characters...scratch that. How many games have women as main characters that don't look like the cast of Soul Calibur? It's different. Who cares if the proportions are off. She's going to be kicking fools ass non-stop.

Tom Penny said:
And it still looks like DMC .... what's your point?
It does have a resemblance, but we really dont know exactly how this thing will play. I havent heard anything at least, aside from it being over the top and completely insane. That could just be the presentation of the fighting, or it could also mean that its really opened the floodgames on what the true evolution of the dmc play style has in store. Not many games have really brought it to the next level. Its been tweaked, and bettered most certainly in some areas, but it hasnt jumped out its shell yet.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
I find her character design really unappealing. But the actual screenshots look really good. I remain optimistic.

Don't like the environments, but I heard from 1upyours a long time ago that the battle music is actually upbeat J-pop, so maybe that made make the contrast between the environments and the music weird enough to be amusing.

Mamesj

Banned
Pop On Arrival said:
Don't like the environments, but I heard from 1upyours a long time ago that the battle music is actually upbeat J-pop, so maybe that made make the contrast between the environments and the music weird enough to be amusing.

wow, this game will be fucked. I like it when they go over the edge with japanese craziness...as long as the gameplay lives up to being a fun, challenging, hardcore action game.

again, same problem with this game as well as Mirror's EDGE.

the concept and everything is awesome, expect the main character she is just not cool enough for this game. Platinum games please redesign the main character's model.

p.s. Bayonetta 101
for egm
quote from the producer: the leather skin on her is not really leather it is magical hair and as she takes damages, her magic hair will weaken and you will see more skin.

one word HOT

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
WORLDWIDEWII said:
again, same problem with this game as well as Mirror's EDGE.

the concept and everything is awesome, expect the main character she is just not cool enough for this game. Platinum games please redesign the main character's model.

p.s. Bayonetta 101
for egm
quote from the producer: the leather skin on her is not really leather it is magical hair and as she takes damages, her magic hair will weaken and you will see more skin.

one word HOT

i know its your opinions and there's no way to argue here

but i think you people are too use to the generic or the "safe" designs. And the fact that you pointed to Mirror's Edge main character drove me to post this.

Mamesj

Banned
I have a feeling she'll be a female Dante. tough, wise crackin', so corny it hurts. but pleeeease...no "smash!" "crash!" "slaammm dunk!"

the character design is interesting though. The glasses are a nice touch.

Edit: good call on Aeon Flux. The spindly, agile-looking legs definitely resemble her a bit.

Mamesj

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
dudes too.
And Bayonetta is still a crappy design.

textures aside, the body proportions and hair gimmick should make for some awesome animation. Though I have my doubts about how well this will sell (female main character is already against it), I hope Sega drops the big bucks on the game so that it can properly step up to DMC/NG standards.

bdouble

batbeg said:
Is she... is she presenting herself to me?

I hear if you do combo's she will undress for you :D

So yeah I can't wait to see this games crazyness. It sounds sorta like a Casltevania type thing where magic is just fast and does crazy things to your enemy.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I saw the game running yesterday, and if someone told me it was the same engine as DMC4 I'd certainly believe him. I know it isn't of course, but damn in terms of effects and stuff it's so close it's uncanny.
And of course the style of the environments is very DMC-ish too, and many other things too.

Dali

Blimblim said:
I saw the game running yesterday, and if someone told me it was the same engine as DMC4 I'd certainly believe him. I know it isn't of course, but damn in terms of effects and stuff it's so close it's uncanny.
And of course the style of the environments is very DMC-ish too, and many other things too.
That's disappointing to hear. Hopefully they'll pull on Okami-esque complete graphical over haul before the game is released. I wouldn't mind some Madworld style injected into this.

gconsole

Am I the only one who love this character design? Out of the weird propotion topic, the uniqueness of weapon placement and face+hair is outstanding enough. I just can see her and feel like it is the new character with some cool movement. It's not that easy to design cool character without reminding the user with some prior videogame character.

Anyway, not sure how the western seeing stuff here. I'm asian and I only see she looks cool.

Blimblim said:

Might be the same when Okamoto released Genji and it reminded me a lot of Onimusha. Capcom ex-staff can't just remove Capcom design philosophy out of their head!

Blimblim said:

Yeah, Kind of dissapointing but how is the action?

dionysus

Yaldog
duckroll said:
Could it be that the great Kamiya has failed?

Let's not be hasty, we have only seen screenshots.

And I think the character design is fine. I am kinda digging the tall spindly look.

Haeleos

Those area designs could easily be mistaken for DMC4 levels.

I have faith though, since the main character looks like it has potential.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Blimblim said:

I read somewhere about another environment shown, something about a clockwork tower falling from the sky on which Bayonetta fights angels. You seen it?

Blimblim said:

Was there any new innovation to the action genre?

Hmmm, some of the impressions I have read were pretty glowing.

I reserve judgement until I see gameplay footage. Or better yet, actually get a chance to play it :D

Top Bottom