• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BAYONETTA Images

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Mistouze said:
I read somewhere about another environment shown, something about a clockwork tower falling from the sky on which Bayonetta fights angels. You seen it?
Yeah I saw it. It's really great as an idea and it works well with Bayonetta jumping on falling debris and even running and fighting upside down. It's utterly over the top and the boss there is huge.
Phoenix Fang said:
Was there any new innovation to the action genre?
Honestly I didn't see anything *really* innovative, but then we didn't see much either.

Poimandres said:
Hmmm, some of the impressions I have read were pretty glowing.

I reserve judgement until I see gameplay footage. Or better yet, actually get a chance to play it :D
I do remember him saying that this was the most boring part of the game in an interview.

Blimblim said:
I saw the game running yesterday, and if someone told me it was the same engine as DMC4 I'd certainly believe him. I know it isn't of course, but damn in terms of effects and stuff it's so close it's uncanny.
And of course the style of the environments is very DMC-ish too, and many other things too.
We demand answers NOW!!!! *pounds fists on table*

edit: nevermind

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Blimblim said:
Yeah I saw it. It's really great as an idea and it works well with Bayonetta jumping on falling debris and even running and fighting upside down. It's utterly over the top and the boss there is huge.

Honestly I didn't see anything *really* innovative, but then we didn't see much either.

:eek:

Is Gamersyde going to be SHOWING any of this awesome sounding stuff?!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
McBradders said:
:eek:

Is Gamersyde going to be SHOWING any of this awesome sounding stuff?!
Of course not, it was all behind closed doors no camera stuff.
We've got a short interview with Hashimoto, but as expected he doesn't reveal much.

Blimblim said:

So it was more/less the way the fighting was presented that made it stand out?

Aske

There are few games that I truly believe in based on developer pedigree alone. In fact, Bayonetta is the only one that comes to mind. But in Kamiya I trust, so handful of iffy screenshots be damned. This game will be phenomenal.

Teknoman

Fighting upside down? Now im really intrested. Also people complaining about character design...everything she's wears is composed of the hair on her head extending down (right?) so its not going to look normal in the first place. I mean technically she's fighting naked so thats a new twist.

Chittagong

Gold Member
34xmhr8.jpg

Peins = Rated AO?

Blimblim said:
We've got a short interview with Hashimoto, but as expected he doesn't reveal much.

Do you think we will see the first footage at TGS? :D

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Blimblim said:

Huh, so I noticed the design of the character has changed from "guns in her heels" to "guns strapped to her legs", is that an upgrade, do you know, or a complete redesign from the calf down?

Looks awesome. I'm impressed by the size of her sword, haven't seen a katana this big ever. This reminds me of how impressed I was when I first saw the size of Dante's peins sword in DMC1.

Daante

I love how people start judging the final game based on what like 4 new screenshots.. ^^

I dont really care if the game uses same engine as DMC4 or not. What matters for me is solid gameplay (and hopefully some fresh and new ideas), crazy action , and epic and hard bossbattles. If they deliver all this i cannot see why Bayonetta wouldnt be equally as good or even better then DMC4 or NG2.

Now giief TGS and viiiideeeeos! :)

Jaroof

maxax said:
Worst main character design I've seen in a while. Change it or no buy. Ugh.

REALLY? You're not going to buy a game made by the maker of Devil May Cry & Viewtiful Joe just because you don't like the way the main character looks???? :lol
Wow, that's just being really picky.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
McBradders said:
Huh, so I noticed the design of the character has changed from "guns in her heels" to "guns strapped to her legs", is that an upgrade, do you know, or a complete redesign from the calf down?

That's not a new design for the guns, it's a pair of shotgun to equip her feet with.

dude

dude
This game is going to be awesome. I hope they'll go the DMC way and port it to the PC... I can't afford any HD consoles yet...

Aurelius said:
Bayonetta reminds me of Amy Whinehouse.

Thanks for that. Now I will definitely won't be buying the game. Not only is Amy Whinehouse a horrible singer, she is also one ugly ass chick especially now that she has become Amy Crackhouse.

RyuHayate

The superficiality in this thread is vomit inducing.

You people really aren't going to play the game because of the way the protagonist looks?

RyuHayate said:
The superficiality in this thread is vomit inducing.

You people really aren't going to play the game because of the way the protagonist looks?

Of course, I mean how many times have games proven us right by looks alone? If the characters look silly then so is the game.

Nah I'm kidding the more screens I see of her the more I anticipate a gameplay trailer. Honestly given our track record for stylish action heroes her design in comparison doesn't look silly at all.

eXistor

If it's gonna be like DMC, then I'll pass (not a fan), but I'm certainly all for the crazy designs, I love 'em. That's are pretty much the only reason I'm interested in the game at all.

Barrett2

Based on the OP images, I really wish Japanese devs would learn how to tone it down a notch in their character & set designs. I am not saying games need to go minimalistic, but I just get so damn tired of characters and surroundings that are filled with so much clutter, so many flashy and glittering trinkets, etc.

With so many of these Japanese developed games, I feel like I am walking into an over-decorated house. There comes a point where you cram so many clocks, plants, paintings and crystal figurines in the living-room that I stop paying attention to any of them. Enough already with the visual diarrhea!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
It's a shame that Sega hasn't released any screen shots of Bayonetta in action to share with you. Platinum Games' work on the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 action game really deserves to be seen by more people -- this is the best looking game we've seen at Leipzig.

SEGA C'MON!!!!
http://kotaku.com/5040144/bayonetta-impressions-what-deadly-hair-you-have

Only in a game with a female lead could Bayonetta's contributions to the action genre make so much sense. A giant, mystical stiletto heel attack made of Bayonetta's black locks sounds silly in concept, yes, but in practice it's an enjoyable kick in the pants. Same for that flesh-eating dragon made of hair we saw during one boss fight and the balletic split kicks that rain gunfire in 360 degrees

While we were initially led to believe that Bayonetta would rely on her handheld pistols and matching pistol boots to do her thing, Sega announced today that the heroine will also be able to switch, on the fly, to a different weapon set — a katana and a pair of shotgun boots. Honestly, we were just trying to keep up with all the frenetic action on screen, so we didn't really notice much of a difference in her attacks, but Bayonetta's dance moves of death looked good whatever she was wielding.

Players will be able to purchase new weapons (along with new moves) throughout the course of the game, we presume with the halos one collects from fallen foes. That should keep the tedium away, something we don't actually expect much of.

Remember that whole "best looking game we've seen at Leipzig" thing? That really wasn't so apparent until Bayonetta's producer showed us a brand new level, just revealed at GC.

While the initial demo stage takes place in a forgettable setting — yes, I already forgot about it — the new area was jaw-dropping. It takes place on the head of a clock tower, one that happens to be falling from the sky at maximum velocity.

...and now for the WTF
She did so with a mysterious female ally, both of whom were being circled by a massive, ornately decorated sky serpent. On top of the dozens of angels attacking, with clock towere debris falling in tandem and golden halos spilling everywhere, a massive winged mini-boss also attacked. With a body comprised of a decapitated marble statue head and serpentine arms, it wowed us with its artistic and technical achievements.

Seriously, this is a game so packed with visual flair and awesome creative direction that we might just snatch it up for its graphical achievements. It's fanboy spawning stuff. Sadly, we didn't get to go hands-on with Bayonetta, so we can't tell you how well it plays.

We're definitely going to be calling dibs on Tokyo Game Show appointments for the game, though. Just in case Sega gives us the controller at that event. Dibs!

..yeah

Aurvant

lawblob said:
Based on the OP images, I really wish Japanese devs would learn how to tone it down a notch in their character & set designs. I am not saying games need to go minimalistic, but I just get so damn tired of characters and surroundings that are filled with so much clutter, so many flashy and glittering trinkets, etc.

With so many of these Japanese developed games, I feel like I am walking into an over-decorated house. There comes a point where you cram so many clocks, plants, paintings and crystal figurines in the living-room that I stop paying attention to any of them. Enough already with the visual diarrhea!

QFT.

It's like Nomura and his Zipper fetish with every single Final Fantasy Character he designs. Either that or the forty-million belts he'll have them wear.

I don't care about character design much in these types of games, and if I did, I would have missed out on good action games like Ninja Gaiden and the sequel to the original.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Bayonetta looks far far far better in-game than in those renders. I was pretty down on her look until I saw her in motion. Absolutely stunning.

Dali said:
I wonder if that's a slight redesign or just a different equipped weapon for her boots. The heel-guns looked better, but if it's just a different weapon then I can't really complain. The katana wasn't apparent at first either. Her hair also looks different, but that might just be the light.

34xmhr8.jpg

Recent preview in EGM stated that her hair was actually her costume?! Sounds weird but cool at the same time. I have a strong feeling that I'm going to like this game a lot. I'm an action junky looking for his next fix. ;)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Geek said:
Bayonetta looks far far far better in-game than in those renders. I was pretty down on her look until I saw her in motion. Absolutely stunning.

...<sigh>

where're the VIDEO LEAKS!! :(

Amon37

Day one and I can't even see the screens at work. If the creator of DMC wants to another type game I have no problems with that.

Top Bottom