• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BAYONETTA Images

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
bayox3014.jpg

bayox3011.jpg

bayox3012.jpg

bayox3013.jpg

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2008/00028372-gc-2008-images-de-bayonetta.htm

No_Style

Excellent. I must see this game in motion. Safe to predict a TGS showing?

I'm also getting a DMC4 vibe from the setting.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I have a feeling this game will get lost in the mix and be an average game.. From reading a preview of it in EGM I believe it made it seem like the gameplay was a bit corny.. Magic casting from hair, shoes with guns on them etc... While nice looking its probably not going to be a great game..

Dante

I really wish they'd show more, getting tired of seeing character renders and environments, and to be honest that looks just like DMC4 levels only not quite as nice.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Did they change the position of the guns on her ankles?

Also, pleasssee video. Stop the cock-teasing and show us. :( I want to see the awesome in action.

puebla

environments looks just like DMC4's. i wanna be excited for this game but it's not happening with the media they're releasing.

Dolphin

Banned
I would play this game if they made took the impressive environments and made it into a free roaming adventure game without ridiculous character design and magic.

Draft said:
I guess Nero left a few Angels in Fortuna Square?

Pretty much. I'm interested in this game due to the sheer insanity of the design both artistically and mechanics wise, but this shit is looking a little to close to DMC4 to me right now.

Edit: And oh my goodness sharp knees

Akai

Wow...Worst female protagonist I've seen in a LONG time...

(Oh God, those legs...What is wrong with her legs!?)

Backgrounds look nice, though...

Oldschoolgamer

Akai said:

Backgrounds look nice, though...

They are bent and she is tall?

This game really looks like it's running on Capcom's framework engine. Neither Dante, Wayne, nor Frank would look terribly out of place in that game. Also, why are the screens 576p and jaggy?

More importantly, when are we going to see some in-game footage?! HAIR BOOT!

I don't have a problem with her design. It's certainly different from the typical big boobed blonde bitch you get in videogames, and the librarian specs are a great touch in my opinion. She looks weird, certainly, but that's in keeping with the game if details are to be believed.

lostxii

puebla said:
environments looks just like DMC4's. i wanna be excited for this game but it's not happening with the media they're releasing.
agreed. I just have a feeling it's gonna be too similar to DMC, but I'll reserve judgment until I actually see the game.

wsippel

Banned
This is Platinums high profile title, yet it's also the least interesting of the three announced projects (at least so far). Both Mad World and Infinite Line look a lot cooler, more stylish, ambitious and overall interesting...

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
what the hell was the character designer smoking!? that's a horrible main character.

Zoc

The main character is weirdly proportioned, and the city environment would have looked great two years ago, but now looks pretty bland and uninspired.

That said, the credentials of the people making it are impeccable, so if the gameplay comes through, the aesthetics won't matter one iota.

ezekial45

Banned
otake said:
what the hell was the character designer smoking!? that's a horrible main character.

What the hell are you smoking? This game just reeks of awesomeness. She has guns on her ankles, her costume is made of hair (which is also her source of magic), and she uses a big ass Katana!

What the hell do you want, man!

Xyphie

I hope Kamiya can get it right with this, I'm pretty underwhelmed by both Ninja Gaiden 2 and Devil May Cry 4 this generation. I really need a good action game. :/

Zophar

This isn't some two-bit developer guys. This is Kamiya and the old Clover crew we're talking about. Bayonetta is going to be incredible.

I'm loving the designs. The more absurd the better. She's like the female mirror image of Travis Touchdown.

Oldschoolgamer

Xyphie said:
I hope Kamiya can get it right with this, I'm pretty underwhelmed by both Ninja Gaiden 2 and Devil May Cry 4 this generation. I really need a good action game. :/

Yep. Which is why I wish they would stop be so fucking secretive. :( This and Madworld are like my last hopes for action games this gen.

Haunted

Draft said:
I guess Nero left a few Angels in Fortuna Square?
a Master Ninja said:
This game really looks like it's running on Capcom's framework engine. Neither Dante, Wayne, nor Frank would look terribly out of place in that game. Also, why are the screens 576p and jaggy?
Agreed. They really need to differentiate themselves from the pack, imo. Hopefully the gameplay will do that, because the settings and atmosphere we've seen so far sure don't.

Akai said:

Total Rob Liefeld moment there.

PSGames

Oldschoolgamer said:
Did they change the position of the guns on her ankles?

Also, pleasssee video. Stop the cock-teasing and show us. :( I want to see the awesome in action.
It looks like that's where she puts her other two guns when she has a sword in her hands.

Dali

I wonder if that's a slight redesign or just a different equipped weapon for her boots. The heel-guns looked better, but if it's just a different weapon then I can't really complain. The katana wasn't apparent at first either. Her hair also looks different, but that might just be the light.

34xmhr8.jpg

Nubian

Banned
That's some awful wacky-jappy anime shit.

Thankfully, in this genre art direction and gameplay are usually inversely proportional, so it'll be probably awesome to play.

Oldschoolgamer

Dali said:
I wonder if that's a slight redesign or just a different equipped weapon for her boots. The heel-guns looked better, but if it's just a different weapon then I can't really complain. The katana wasn't apparent at first either. Her hair also looks different, but that might just be the light.

That's what threw me off. I worded it wrong. Those are different guns it seems.

Top Bottom