• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bayonetta info coming this week

Gomu Gomu

mjemirzian said:
Platinum Games is one of the few hardcore gaming developers left.. hopefully they continue to get lots of sales and praise. Can't wait for more Bayonetta info or anything new from the devs.
Care to elaborate on what makes a dev hardcore?

C.T.

EVH said:
Would love a 3DS version of this game, since I've never had the chance to give it a try.

Just buy it. It's super cheap and awesome and with the patch even the ps3 version is playable.

Luigiv

McBacon said:
No, he's just got poor taste in eyewear.
500x_image130.jpg

glasses2.jpg

Sir Ilpalazzo said:
I'm sorry, but no, the port is not fine at all. It shouldn't even have been released in that state. This isn't obsessing over the detail in water or some missing special effects, the PS3 port runs significantly worse to the point where it effects gameplay frequently (and although it's relatively minor compared to that, the washed-out look does not help the game at all). Maybe it's not as clear on Easy, but if you're going for 100% completion you'll see how bad it is (although I don't know how you could have missed some of its worse moments even at that level).

Yeah I did go for 100% completion (PS3 died half way through infinite climax) and I see none of these so-called gameplay affecting problems. It ran fine, maybe not as well as the 360 version, but minor detail loss and loading times don't affect the game that badly.

I can't imagine any sort of new playable Bayonetta material (DLC, spinoff, downloadable minigame, sequel) possibly being bad, so let's hope it's anything like that and not an art book or something.

USD

Nemesis556 said:
Kinect-based P.N.03 inspired Bayonetta Sequel.

Believe.
Now that I think about it, it would be totally bad-ass if Vanessa Schneider was a playable character in Vanquish. Too bad it won't happen.

USD said:
Now that I think about it, it would be totally bad-ass if Vanessa Schneider was a playable character in Vanquish. Too bad it won't happen.
no here's what would REALLY rule and won't happen: if every enemy in Vanquish actually had a fully developed melee moveset that they would only really use if you play as Bayonetta (and, of course, the ability to play as Bayonetta) so Vanquish would simultaneously be (functionally speaking) Resident Evil 4-2 and Bayonetta 2

X26

Banned
Bayonetta 2 with the same great action, but less shitty level design

oh and better boss fights too, thx

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
USD said:
If Capcom didn't own the rights to Vanessa, I think the chances of that happening would be pretty high.

I'm sure I read there would be no DLC for Bayonetta (it's said somewhere in the interview in the SE guide) which is why I'm so delightfully excited.

Minamu

toasty_T said:
I'm sure I read there would be no DLC for Bayonetta (it's said somewhere in the interview in the SE guide) which is why I'm so delightfully excited.
Yeah, Kamiya said that because he hates the concept of dlc apparently and because they stuffed the game with so much add-on content from the get go already. But it's also like SEGA's only really successful game recently (?) :) Especially when it comes to critical acclaim.

Salaadin

Im also hoping for a PC version. I dont know why I dont own it yet since I have a PS3 and 360...I just game mostly on my PC now.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm surprised how many people are clamoring for a PC version.

I am, too! Loved the game and would like to see it be prettier. A special edition with some added content of some sort on PS3, 360, and PC would be amazing. Besides, it's too soon for a sequel anyway.

TreIII

danmaku said:
I'd rather have both on PC.

And it won't happen.

As long as the PC is basically all but a joke in Japan, and commonly viewed as a "Pirate's Paradise" every where else, that's likely going to be the reason why a smaller developer like P* likely won't have many (if any...) PC ports. Such a thing is just a money sink for them and their publisher.

Any way, it will be interesting to see what else they could stand to do. Besides the "Cutie J" idea, I could definitely see Kamiya's "Umbra Fighter" come to life.

Don

Unless it has added content I'm not really interested in a PC port. Would rather have something new.

Top Bottom