• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bayonetta info coming this week

Luigiv

Aaron said:
All games are developed on PC so that's no surprise, but the glasses were Nividia, which only works with a PC. There would be no point in tuning a mode with those glasses for a PS3/360 release.
That's over selling it. Just because a game was "developed on" a PC doesn't always mean you can play test it on the same system. Traditionally, console games need to be compiled on a devkit to be played. Of course in this age of middle-ware multiplats, it's not uncommon for a console exclusive game to also be playable on the workstations they were coded on, but as you say, the fact it was running well enough to be tested with nVidia 3D vision (i.e. running somewhere near 120fps) suggests that this PC build is getting more attention then a typical development-build-only would.

Ricker

Did I read `trailer` for Vanquish?? not even a demo? wow announcement of announcements for trailers now hehe...

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I like how the METHOD OF COMMUNICATION is blamed as opposed to the dolts that way over-hyped the announcement.

Classic internet behavior, classic.

glaurung

Kept reading this thread until I finally clicked over to The Hut store and purchased the game for PS3 for about £16.

But the summer lull has given me time to play GTA and other classics on my PS3.

Shito

Princess Skittles said:
I like how the METHOD OF COMMUNICATION is blamed as opposed to the dolts that way over-hyped the announcement.
You mean the vague announcement of an announcement that wasn't even an "announcement"? I hope you get that it was that twitter post that over-hyped the thing in the first place, and that the news wasn't worth the method employed.

Princess Skittles said:

Classic internet behavior, classic.
Seriously. There is nothing inherently wrong with Twitter. If we didn't have Twitter, we'd receive the same announcements of announcements (and we do) via traditional product websites, investor conferences, and press releases.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Shito said:
You mean the vague announcement of an announcement that wasn't even an "announcement"? I hope you get that it was that twitter post that over-hyped the thing in the first place, and that the news wasn't worth the method employed.
Don't kid yourself or try passing the buck.

What was tweeted (or at least what was posted in this thread):

Good morning. It looks like we'll be able to share new information related to Bayonetta this week. Look forward to it.
What GAF read:

BAYONETTA 2 BAYONETTA DLC BAYONETTA PC BAYONETTA DS EXTREME EDITION FOR ALL JUSTICE BAYONETTA AAA VERSION MEGATON MEGATON NPD NPD NPD

Princess Skittles said:

What GAF read:
Well, we had to look forward to it. And since most people here already have Bayonetta, and there was something Bayonetta related. It couldn't be a lot. Why did we have to look forward to a rebrand or whatever with a Vanquish trailer.

Luigiv

Princess Skittles said:

What GAF read:
Pretty much. GAF really needs to learn how to be more pessimistic. Like for example, whilst I would have liked it to be a PC port, I knew it would small news. As such when it was announced; no surprises, no disappointment.

Anyway, I'll stop mentioning what I want now because at this stage it's port begging.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'd rather have a bit of fun while I can rather than remain in a constant state of indifference.

This is cool but what they really need to do is patch the bugs like kilgore glitch and magic flute glitch that have turned the leaderboards into a joke.

XenoRaven

Weird. I thought Yoshinori Ono worked for Capcom.

Is it bad that I want to buy this just for the damn cover? Maybe I should take the original art and make a custom instead. Hmm...

Shito

Princess Skittles said:
Do you really think the budget release of Bayonetta was worth a "news coming, look forward to it" tweet?
I agree that twitter is not the problem, the problem is the way the industry is using it to hype or announce announcements.
Stop annoucing announcements and people will stop hyping them through the roof: it's not like it's even useful in the first place!

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
54-46! said:
1. twitter post about new bayonetta info
2. gaf hype train
3. news is bayonetta budget release
4. ???
5. lol
So is the new budget release PSN/XBLA only or is it retail as well? What about price?
Was a PC version confirmed, although not officially?

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I'm not siding with or against Twitter here, but the wording of the announcement implied (to me, at least) that this would be something Bayonetta fans would "look forward" to. Why would a Bayonetta fan, who almost certainly already has the game, look forward to the news of a price cut? So they can take pleasure in the fact that maybe more people will buy a game they love? That's stupid. Therefore, this was a stupid announcement.

Kyoufu

Maybe a budget release to coincide with a sequel/spinoff announcement. That way people can pick up the first in preparation.

vulva

hey_it's_that_dog said:
I'm not siding with or against Twitter here, but the wording of the announcement implied (to me, at least) that this would be something Bayonetta fans would "look forward" to. Why would a Bayonetta fan, who almost certainly already has the game, look forward to the news of a price cut? So they can take pleasure in the fact that maybe more people will buy a game they love? That's stupid. Therefore, this was a stupid announcement.
japanese translation. Maybe the dude just meant he was looking forward to it

Top Bottom