• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Berserk anime (Update: Second movie in Japan - Jun 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokkun

Apparently for real this time.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-09-27/new-berserk-anime-project-launching

news_thumb_berserk35.jpg

The wraparound jacket band on the 35th volume of Kentarou Miura's Berserk fantasy manga is announcing this month that a new anime project is launching. More information will be provided in Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine and the affiliated Young Animal Web site.

Updates:

Teaser commercials (with animation): http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/cm/index.html
Commercial #1 (Griffith)
Commercial #2 (Zodd)
Commercial #3 (Casca)
Commercial #4 (Compilation of 1-3)
Commercial #5 (Skullknight)

Berserk_project twitter (Japanese): http://twitter.com/berserk_project

A series of films is currently being released, beginning with Berserk Golden Age Arc I: Egg of the Supreme Ruler on February 4, 2012, as part of a new effort to adapt the entire manga series.

Ehh, saw this on another forum... hope this is not old. It's the first 10 minutes.

Man i want to see him moving on from the first anime so bad. It was like a giant tease learning the whole backstory, and that ending just got so awesome.
Then, they just end it like that.

Can't wait.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I hope this is a continuation from the last series, as I have watched that damn thing so many times. :lol

(As well as reading the manga ofc)

andymcc

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
People are going to think it's a continuation of the first anime.

It wont be :lol

this will probably be partially funded by a US company too, ala Guyver TV. hopefully it's not as similarly crappy.

Famicom said:
This shit blew my mind when I read it this morning. Here's hoping for a Hellsing Ultimate OVA style release.
That would be awesome if not for the fact that Hellsing Ultimate episode releases are like 6 months or something from one another :l

Seriously, I'm hyped for this and Beck live action. It's gonna be a long wait :l

X26

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
People are going to think it's a continuation of the first anime.

It wont be :lol

post-eclipse berserk is pretty bad compared to pre-eclipse, so oh well

Varion

Dresden said:
It'll turn out to be from DEEN or something.
That's what usually happens in these situations.

But at least this will have an awesome Susumu Hirasawa soundtrack, right?

Jex

andymcc said:
people really think this? i love the mozgus story arc. it's my favorite. :lol
I don't have much problem with that arc, but overall there's plenty of meandering that can be trimmed.

They did it in the original anime, and that worked out pretty well.

andymcc

Banned
Jexhius said:
I don't have much problem with that arc, but overall there's plenty of meandering that can be trimmed.

They did it in the original anime, and that worked out pretty well.

i wouldn't disagree. i'd assume the content
especially that nutso sex-cult shit
will be smoothed over regardless of the release format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom