• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New big game revealed next month(Possibly).

Darklord

Banned
I came across this. It's next months issue of PC PowerPlay(A large australian mag). This is the cover of next months issue but they can't even preview it on there site and considering it's on the cover I'm guessing it's not 'Billy Bob's Outback Shooter'

They say "Australia first" which means another source might actually break the news but the NDA is there until April 9th so I can't imagine it's just any already announced game, that would make no sense(would it?).

PCPP_177_PreRelease_thumb2.jpg

This is going to be one awesome issue, because we have the Australian First Look at CENSORED, the latest CENSORED from CENSORED... what? What's going on? Every time I try to talk about CENSORED it gets censored.

It must be because we're under NDA until April 9 - the very day the issue goes on sale! So I can't tell you anything about CENSORED and how the CENSORED has taken a completely fresh look at the way CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED.

So, any ideas of who that character might be? Or the game? It looks like Prototype 2 to me. Others think Fear 3. Whatever it is, I'm hoping this won't be a Game Informer type bullshit(The exclusive game then will probably be Portal 2 or something:lol ).

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Ahh, PC PowerPlay. How I used to enjoy their reviews and articles.

Stuffed if I know what this could be. Any Aussie studios working on anything big?

I was going for Prototype 2 or Infamous 2.

Oh and CAN WE HAVE ONE THREAD DEDICATED TO ALL THIS ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANNOUNCEMENT OF ANNOUNCEMENTS? FUCK!

EDIT: Disregard that. PC mag, blah blah.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Prototype 2 since it's a PC magazine.

I'm confused, why do people think a PC magazine would announce a PS3 exclusive title (infamous)? Unless it's getting a PC port which would make no sense at all.

glaurung

Does [PROTOTYPE] really warrant a sequel/prequel? The crimson aura does look a lot like that.

I say something else. The contours look like the person is wearing a helmet of sorts and he is wearing military grade pants.

JFC, not a dig at the OP, but just look at the title of this thread.

A new big game is going to be revealed??? Next month??? Maybe!!???? OMGWTF THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE WHAT A MEGATON WHAAAA! Let's speculate what game might be announced next month maybe!

Souldriver said:

A new big game is going to be revealed??? Next month??? Maybe!!???? OMGWTF THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE WHAT A MEGATON WHAAAA! Let's speculate what game might be announced next month maybe!

It's a way to be on the safe side of all this bullshit announcement of announcements. If the thread title is "Big Game being revealed next month!" and it's not a big game, people will eat this thread (and the mag) up. If it's "New game revealed next month" and is revealed earlier by other websites and then revealed by the mag, people will say "WTF? OLD NEWS!" similar to that of Gametrailers TV's revelation of SOCOM 4 which was cockblocked by others. Adding a "maybe" will not hype anyone... :p

Darklord

Banned
Souldriver said:

I hate threads that are called "HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT MONTH!" and then it turns out to be a DJ Hero preview, Fallout: Vegas "exclusive" or a wallpaper on the official site. So I add "possibly" rather than having another failed announcement thread.

Darklord said:
I hate threads that are called "HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT NEXT MONTH!" and then it turns out to be a DJ Hero preview, Fallout: Vegas "exclusive" or a wallpaper on the official site. So I add "possibly" rather than having another failed announcement thread.
shagg_187 said:
It's a way to be on the safe side of all this bullshit announcement of announcements. If the thread title is "Big Game being revealed next month!" and it's not a big game, people will eat this thread (and the mag) up. If it's "New game revealed next month" and is revealed earlier by other websites and then revealed by the mag, people will say "WTF? OLD NEWS!" similar to that of Gametrailers TV's revelation of SOCOM 4 which was cockblocked by others. Adding a "maybe" will not hype anyone... :p
I wasn't falling over the "possibly" part.

I was implying that the whole title is stupid. Or better, that the whole subject is stupid. Why is it news that NEXT MONTH, there is going to be a GAME ANNOUNCED, possibly A BIG ONE, but MAYBE NOT. That description applies to every month (or even day) of every year since the start of video gaming. It's a stupid as the announcement of announcement of announcements, or the news that a Nintendo is working on new hardware, or that EA is working on some games.

But I guess a vague cover with a silhouette is reason enough to make this into a big deal. And again, this is not a dig at the person making the thread, because if he hadn't done it, someone else would've.

ArjanN

Could be Prototype 2 (because of the red stuff coming off the guy) but more likely Bullet Storm, Doom 4 or FEAR 3

raphier

Banned
I was all ears at console game, until I noticed the magazine itself :lol It's a goddamn PC magazine, so this is a PC game or multi-platform, but the first reveal is on PC cover. I don't know, F3AR?

glaurung

raphier said:
I wall eats at console games, until I noticed the magazine itself :lol It's a goddamn PC magazine, so this is a PC game or multi-platform, but the first reveal is on PC cover. I don't know, F3AR?
Well done, junior.

But everyone already figured that out 24h ago.

Top Bottom