• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Biohazard UC (Umbrella Chronicle) Famitsu scans

Lobster

Banned
Argh..does anyone get that drive cleaner pop up from this website? :(

On Topic:Judging by the scans..for a full 3D remake of some parts of past RE games, this looks amazing.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
So, you do play the missions in this order:

- BH 3
- BH 0
- BH 1
- ??? (almost certainly nothing else)
- New chapter

It looks a bit weird having BH3 first, I would have swapped it with BH1 for the whole "what's going on here?" vibe the game had.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
That top left screen on the first scan, is that one of the places that they supposedly recycled from the old PS2 Outbreak/Survivor/whatever games?

Oh and neo:

neo.gif

Endgegner

WTF? This looks a lot better than the last pictures I saw and I don't think it's just the scans, looks like the zombies are a lot more detailled, not sure about the environments.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
This game is over-hyped (yes, what little hype there is for this title is truly too much).

From vague journalist impressions of Umbrella Chronicle's E3 presence along with my own, personal disdain for the game (based on concrete details) , I do not see how anyone could picture scores higher than 5's and 6's when the critics get their hands on this retrospective Resident Evil "experience." Umbrella Chronicles has nothing great going for it EDIT: Actually, the graphics are indeed nice.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Jocchan said:
So, you do play the missions in this order:

- BH 3
- BH 0
- BH 1
- New chapter

It looks a bit weird having BH3 first, I would have swapped it with BH1 for the whole "what's going on here?" vibe the game had.

I hope you are wrong and that they will include BH2 but they haven't shown any pic of it yet>_<

dirtmonkey37 said:
This game is over-hyped (yes, what little hype there is for this title is truly too much).

From vague journalist impressions of Umbrella Chronicle's E3 presence along with my own, personal disdain for the game, I do not see how anyone could picture scores higher than 5's and 6's when the critics get their hands on this retrospective Resident Evil "experience." Umbrella Chronicles has nothing great going for it.
The graphics and art direction look great.

Lobster

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:

From vague journalist impressions of Umbrella Chronicle's E3 presence along with my own, personal disdain for the game (based on concrete details) , I do not see how anyone could picture scores higher than 5's and 6's when the critics get their hands on this retrospective Resident Evil "experience." Umbrella Chronicles has nothing great going for it.

Well I dunno. Its not being released tomorrow and E3 wasn't even the final version.

cvxfreak

Nice scans! Too bad there are no new areas shown though. ;_;

7300 Yen though -_-

But as the story goes... me buy.

7300 yen?

For that price, RE:UC had better at least include some kind of rubber Jill Valentine orifice with lifelike texture.

cvxfreak

Where the hell is the Nemesis?

If they could build a new character model for Carlos, they can at least build a new one for Nemesis
or rip the one from Gun Survivor 2 and place it in UC

deepred

cvxfreak said:
Where the hell is the Nemesis?

If they could build a new character model for Carlos, they can at least build a new one for Nemesis
or rip the one from Gun Survivor 2 and place it in UC

But Nemesis can't be killed, right ? You're supposed to run away. How can you do that in a game on rails ? :\

cvxfreak

deepred said:
But Nemesis can't be killed, right ? You're supposed to run away. How can you do that in a game on rails ? :\

It can be KO'd in RE3 though. In Gun Survivor 2 it was invincible though. There aren't that many bosses in RE3, so Nemesis really has to show up sometime.

Maybe they can take the Mr. X character model from File 2 and pretend it's Nemesis. :lol :lol :lol

Terrell

cvxfreak said:
It can be KO'd in RE3 though. In Gun Survivor 2 it was invincible though. There aren't that many bosses in RE3, so Nemesis really has to show up sometime.

Maybe they can take the Mr. X character model from File 2 and pretend it's Nemesis. :lol :lol :lol
Uhhhh, yeah,
with weapons meant to take down HELICOPTERS and other SMALL AIRCRAFT.
They might include Nemesis as sort of the "looming evil" behind you to explain why you're running on rails in a place as large as Raccoon City, have you confront him a few times during the level, and then finish him off near the end? I dunno, just thinking out loud right now.

cvxfreak

Terrell said:
Uhhhh, yeah,
with weapons meant to take down HELICOPTERS and other SMALL AIRCRAFT.
They might include Nemesis as sort of the "looming evil" behind you to explain why you're running on rails in a place as large as Raccoon City, have you confront him a few times during the level, and then finish him off near the end? I dunno, just thinking out loud right now.

Well, in UC, it's 2 on 1, with infinite ammo and much better methods of dodging.

selig

Banned
dirtmonkey37 said:

From vague journalist impressions of Umbrella Chronicle's E3 presence along with my own, personal disdain for the game (based on concrete details) , I do not see how anyone could picture scores higher than 5's and 6's when the critics get their hands on this retrospective Resident Evil "experience." Umbrella Chronicles has nothing great going for it EDIT: Actually, the graphics are indeed nice.

The critic has been that the shot impact isnt shown too great visually. That´s kind of a non-argument, as it is the same shot impact as in every RE-game up to now.
And im rather hyped for this game. Reliving the great story of the older RE-games through a new perspective, voice dialogues between the characters during the play and a probably great aiming. Together with the new chapter that will reveal Umbrella´s downfall, this game is rather too less hyped.

Yama

Jocchan said:
- BH 3
- BH 0
- BH 1
- New chapter
In order of the games graphical quality, lol. Outbreak rips > Zero/Rebirth rips > newly designed content.

Saoh

where is Case 04 Claire/Leon? WHERE IS CASE 04!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

:( uh oh

Carlos, yay! :D Nov. 15 for Japan?? Dec. for the US hopefully :)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The only picture that I particularly think is noteworthy is the one on the bottom right of the first scan.

It actually looks like the zombie is REACTING to be shot. That was my biggest problem with the demo - there was practically no indiciation I was hitting the damn zombie when I was shooting it, I couldn't tell if I was actually accomplishing anything while playing. I just fired and after a few seconds a zombie would just fall. I couldn't even tell if I was hitting or missing. It felt so hallow and lifeless.

Hopefully that was just because they hadn't added in animations yet or something... I mean hell, put some blood in it or some damage animations or its going to be one dull experience.

Top Bottom