• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BIOSHOCK 2 Teaser Site Launches

Dever

Banned
How convenient, I was just pondering if I should bump one of the older threads because of a 'Next month' teaser in a magazine. The image shows
a blood-stained invitation on top of a letter. It reads: "You are cordially invited to return to Rapture". The letter has Mr. T written on it, rest of the name covered by the invitation.

spoilered just in case..

Dever said:
How convenient, I was just pondering if I should bump one of the older threads because of a 'Next month' teaser in a magazine. The image shows
a blood-stained invitation on top of a letter. It reads: "You are cordially invited to return to Rapture". The letter has Mr. T written on it, rest of the name covered by the invitation.

spoilered just in case..

mrt.jpg

adg1034

All I can make out of the radio signals is a bell, followed by a "Okay", then gibberish. There only seem to be those three pieces of paper on the site, but my internet instincts tell me there might be something... hidden.

EDIT: Also, what's the logo hidden in the bottom-left of the map?

FrankT

Oh this seems intriguing the way they are taking this.

Hype +1. Still one of my favorite games this gen just get the narrative right on the second one and I'll be a happy camper.

Dyno

Big Daddies were built to thrive in their environments, one of them being they had to walk on the bottom of the ocean. Thus the massive diving suits and weighted boots were worn, in addition to the great strength required to move well in them.

If a Big Daddy came to shore, how might they change? What part of their underwater outfits might they be inclined to discard? How might this effect their overall speed?

Slim Daddies indeed...

Man the idea of a leaner, meaner Big Daddy OUT of their suits just scares the crap out of me. And red lights coming from their heads? Dear god Bioshock 2 is going to be nightmarish. The first game had plenty of horror qualities about it but I wouldn't call it a horror game per se. hopefully this one is even more horror-driven.

I want to be excited for this game, but the fact that its not 2k Boston is making my uneasy.

I guess we will have to wait and see the game to see if 2k Marin can do a good job.

Mifune

Mehmber
Blu_LED said:
I want to be excited for this game, but the fact that its not 2k Boston is making my uneasy.

I guess we will have to wait and see the game to see if 2k Marin can do a good job.

I share your concern but then I remember that one of the guys behind Fort Frolic is directing this time around, and all fears go away.

That teaser site makes me all tingly, too.

Well the small kids toy figurine found on the beach in that written paper on the teaser site matches the small toy the girl is holding in the sea of dreams teaser trailer.

Mifune said:
I share your concern but then I remember that one of the guys behind Fort Frolic is directing this time around, and all fears go away.

That teaser site makes me all tingly, too.
Oh really? That might have been the best part of Bioshock....

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Ireland needs to be mentioned more in games

Ridli

adg1034 said:
All I can make out of the radio signals is a bell, followed by a "Okay", then gibberish. There only seem to be those three pieces of paper on the site, but my internet instincts tell me there might be something... hidden.

EDIT: Also, what's the logo hidden in the bottom-left of the map?

I can't find this logo that you speak of.

Confused...so the girl can't be a Little Sister as it's 7 years after Bioshock and the kidnapped girl is 7. Does this girl or the parents have any connection to Rapture, why the Big Daddy doll?

theBishop

Banned
gamerecks said:
No little sisters left in Rapture, so they might be stealing locals to transform them.

why does it need to be little sisters anyway? Wasn't that just the horrible solution
Tannenbaum found to keep the ADAM harvest going
?

theBishop said:
why does it need to be little sisters anyway? Wasn't that just the horrible solution
Tannenbaum found to keep the ADAM harvest going
?
Basically yeah.
Little Sisters were used as the means of producing ADAM since the sea slugs produced too little. In one audio diary Tennebaum says it has to be children for this procedure but she never really understands why it works with only girls.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
adg1034 said:
It's this thing, though it might just be an Art Deco-styled compass rose:

Bioshock2.png

Pretty sure it is just a compass

Oh, I've wanted to say this.

Having a bunch of large 4 pound recording machines lying around in the first one was ridiculous, couldn't we compromise with a single recorder being found as a scripted event and then finding the tapes throughout the game ? :D

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
A big part of what made Bioshock great is that you were trapped in this enclosed, claustrophobic space. That very first, initial descent into Rapture is absolutely terrifying.

So, I'm very leery about the sequel, no matter who is developing it. They could get pretty much EVERYTHING right, and the game could still feel "off."

- The gunplay could feel more visceral.
- The experimentation-encouraging combat could be more open-ended
- The storyline could be more intriguing

...ALL of the above could happen, and the game could still be a big dud because I feel like the realization & concept behind Rapture was like catching lightning in a bottle, the first time around.

In my mind, the devs have two choices:

- Send the player down into ANOTHER isolated, cut-off city (down deep underground, into a mindshaft, perhaps?) - but at that point you're just retreading ground you've been over.
- Do something completely different. At which point the biggest thing that made Bioshock Bioshock is null.

IDK how it can be good :(

kenta

Has no PEINS
Oh yes. Oh heck yes. This was about all the information I needed to hear and I'm onboard, I'd like to go on media blackout now thanks

I swear to god I thought the
Big Daddy/Slim Daddy?
doll was a Sackboy :lol

That being said...I'm hesitant to say that the "red lighted" figure is a Big Daddy. While the speed might make sense, given their abilities, but "slim'? No....

Lakitu

st5fu
Cannot wait... I love Bioshock.

Hopefully it has something as genius as Fort Frolic! And nothing as repetitive as the later levels.

Top Bottom