• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New BIOSHOCK 2 Teaser Site Launches

chaoticprout said:
MAJOR SPOILERS (the guy has a screenshot of the mag)

copy/pasted from the tip I sent to *******. Summary: You're a Big Daddy, and you get to use the drill and rivet gun. And you can use plasmids too. You can take little sisters from other Big Daddies and take them around Rapture to collect ADAM like you see happening in BioShock 1.

It's 10 years since the first game. The Big Sister returns to rapture, bringing back the Little Sisters with her. You play as the original Big Daddy. You can use the drill, the rivet gun, and you can still use plasmids.

Little Sisters have been given a new look to be less creepy, as you're seeing them from the eyes of their protectors. You don't get your own Little Sister from the start, as you're a renegade Big Daddy. So you fight other Big Daddies to get your own sister. You can still harvest them, but the other option has been changed to "adopt" instead of rescue. If you adopt the sister, she'll ride on your shoulders, and you can go around Rapture looking for corpses for her to collect ADAM from. When your sister goes to harvest ADAM, a wave of Splicers will come and start attacking to try and harvest her. You have to hold them off until she finishes harvesting. You gain some ADAM from this, but not enough to tide you through the game. You can permanently rescue them, but the article doesn't say how.

The Big Sister is one of the surviving little sisters from the last game. She's the new ruler of Rapture, and is the main antagonist of the game. With each Big Daddy you kill, the game lets you know how close you are to incurring the wrath of the Big Sister. When you do, the little sister you're with will sing a song about how the Big Sister doesn't want you playing with her, then you get jumped.

Other info: Vita Chambers return, there is confirmed multiplayer(no details), audio logs are back, and Fontaine Futuristics is a level in the game.

.... What? That information is wrong, you can tell by the
ten years since the first game. IT'S SEVEN

Edit: WHAT! Nevermind! The plot thickens!

Edit two: HOLY SHIT SO AWESOME

I'm even more awed with these new details. MP will definitely take toll on SP. If people want MP that much, just develop MP only version for sale price later on.

EDIT: Doesn't mean I don't like it at all. Just don't know what to make out of it from SP perspective.

chaoticprout said:
Dude, u might get banned. Better remove it.

bottles

Dax01 said:
I won't doubt this game ever again. Hype back up to what it was when the website launched. I want to play it now!

Agreed.

Better edit my post about Masha on the last page :lol

OMG AWESOME! I WILL NEVER DOUBT YOU AGAIN 2k MARIN! I AM SORRY FOR BEING A DOUBTER. I COULD NEVER STOMACH DOUBTERS LOL

OMG OMG OMG OPPORTUNITY AWAITS!

Masked Man

I said wow
:O

... O_O;;

This thread just got a whole lot crazier. WOW. If people weren't excited before, this is sure to do the trick!

weapons information:

The Big Daddy drill takes the place of the wrench. Can spin, but overheats so you can't run it constantly. You can do the Big Daddy charging shoulder bash. You can heal your hacked turrets/camera bots. Incinerate upgrades let you throw fireballs and shoot a stream of fire. Cyclone trap can be hit with incinerate and become a flaming cyclone trap. Upgrade trees are more diverse to give you more unique options.

chaoticprout said:
When your sister goes to harvest ADAM, a wave of Splicers will come and start attacking to try and harvest her. You have to hold them off until she finishes harvesting. You gain some ADAM from this, but not enough to tide you through the game. You can permanently rescue them, but the article doesn't say how.
I wonder how they are going to make it so this doesn't become too repetitive. Different environments/scenarios are good enough I guess?

The Big Sister is one of the surviving little sisters from the last game. She's the new ruler of Rapture, and is the main antagonist of the game. With each Big Daddy you kill, the game lets you know how close you are to incurring the wrath of the Big Sister. When you do, the little sister you're with will sing a song about how the Big Sister doesn't want you playing with her, then you get jumped.

Obviously you don't get to kill her (until at least near the end), otherwise she wouldn't keep on coming back.
chaoticprout said:
The Big Daddy drill takes the place of the wrench. Can spin, but overheats so you can't run it constantly. You can do the Big Daddy charging shoulder bash. You can heal your hacked turrets/camera bots. Incinerate upgrades let you throw fireballs and shoot a stream of fire. Cyclone trap can be hit with incinerate and become a flaming cyclone trap. Upgrade trees are more diverse to give you more unique options.
Sounds sweet.
I guess there aren't any regular weapons? Very bold/unique.

Will we be able to manipulate our environment to the same degree as in BioShock or will it be more in BioShock 2?

Slathe

I'm not sure what to make of all this information. I know there was a magazine pic, but it still seems ubelievable.

Slathe said:
I'm not sure what to make of all this information. I know there was a magazine pic, but it still seems ubelievable.

Eh, it even is to me. But someone is telling me this and I thought it'd be worth posting for you guys to see. The 2 pics made it completely believable to me, but we'll see.

bottles

If you are indeed
the original Big Daddy
, here’s hoping
we finally get to see Rapture before shit hit the fan. Maybe in a flashback

bottles said:
If you are indeed
the original Big Daddy
, here’s hoping
we finally get to see Rapture before shit hit the fan. Maybe in a flashback
Knowing how this big daddy went rogue would be a GREAT opening level.

Dax01 said:
Knowing how this big daddy went rogue would be a GREAT opening level.
Maybe you're a prototypical Big Daddy that didn't go through all of the mind control conditioning or dumbing down. I hope we get to meet Suchong in the prequel bits.

more infos from the guy

More info on big sister: "The Big Sister will always be a desperate, desperate fight...She can find you wherever you are, so you have to prepare for the fact that the hardest thing in the game is on the scent."

She's fast, stabs you with her ADAM needle, then uses TK to suck in all the stuff in the room as a shield, then launches it at you.

We get to see how ADAM gets extracted from Little Sisters for distribution.

You walk around on the sea floor outside of Rapture

Addendum: Vita Chambers aren't back in the same way as they were in the first game, but the same mechanic exists. Can be turned off.

Game is supposed to be scarier than BioShock 1.

StuBurns

Banned
The new stuff is a lot more exciting. Very cool.
Sounds like potentially too much management for a shooter, it'd be cool if they push the RPG elements a little more than 2K Boston did. Though I was expecting even more of a shooter this time around.

He says that's about everything. Compilation:

Summary: You're a Big Daddy, and you get to use the drill and rivet gun. And you can use plasmids too. You can take little sisters from other Big Daddies and take them around Rapture to collect ADAM like you see happening in BioShock 1.

It's 10 years since the first game. The Big Sister returns to rapture, bringing back the Little Sisters with her. You play as the original Big Daddy. You can use the drill, the rivet gun, and you can still use plasmids.

Little Sisters have been given a new look to be less creepy, as you're seeing them from the eyes of their protectors. You don't get your own Little Sister from the start, as you're a renegade Big Daddy. So you fight other Big Daddies to get your own sister. You can still harvest them, but the other option has been changed to "adopt" instead of rescue. If you adopt the sister, she'll ride on your shoulders, and you can go around Rapture looking for corpses for her to collect ADAM from. When your sister goes to harvest ADAM, a wave of Splicers will come and start attacking to try and harvest her. You have to hold them off until she finishes harvesting. You gain some ADAM from this, but not enough to tide you through the game. You can permanently rescue them, but the article doesn't say how.

It says they'll think twice about attacking you on their own, but if they're in groups they'll tear your shit up.

More info on big sister: "The Big Sister will always be a desperate, desperate fight...She can find you wherever you are, so you have to prepare for the fact that the hardest thing in the game is on the scent."

She's fast, stabs you with her ADAM needle, then uses TK to suck in all the stuff in the room as a shield, then launches it at you.

Addendum: Vita Chambers aren't back in the same way as they were in the first game, but the same mechanic exists. Can be turned off.

Other info:There is confirmed multiplayer(no details), audio logs are back, and Fontaine Futuristics is a level in the game.

StuBurns

Banned
I hope it's scarier, I didn't find the original particularly scary, more creepy.

Mr Elliott, if you're reading the thread still. Is the sound team from 2K Boston at Marin or did they stay with you guys? The sound design in BioShock was just phenomenal, I really hope it's the same people this time around.

chaoticprout said:
He says that's about everything. Compilation:

Summary: You're a Big Daddy, and you get to use the drill and rivet gun. And you can use plasmids too. You can take little sisters from other Big Daddies and take them around Rapture to collect ADAM like you see happening in BioShock 1.

It says they'll think twice about attacking you on their own, but if they're in groups they'll tear your shit up.

Other info:There is confirmed multiplayer(no details), audio logs are back, and Fontaine Futuristics is a level in the game.

wow

Firestorm

HOLY SHIT
I am so very sorry for my doubt. I will repent. Day 1. Full Price. I apologize.

Now, can I go on a media blackout until October?

God I'm anticipating this game so much again.

If Andrew Ryan is anywhere in the game, or if we encounter more of his audio diaries, I hope Marin got Armin Shimerman again to do the voice of Andrew Ryan. He was SO good at it.

Amir0x said:
HOLYFUCKMEINTHEASS
GOTY confirmed already? :D

Edit:
Masked Man said:
Yeah, one of my main concerns is the music. The mix of '40s music with an intensely creepy orchestral score was utterly remarkable. If I were to forward two requests, they would both be Etta Fitzgerald: "Misty," and "Someone To Watch Over Me." ;)
The music? Story is far more important, imo. They seem to have the gameplay and stuff down, now all that is left is the story.

Masked Man

I said wow
Yeah, one of my main concerns is the music. The mix of '40s music with an intensely creepy orchestral score was utterly remarkable. If I were to forward two requests, they would both be Etta Fitzgerald: "Misty," and "Someone To Watch Over Me." ;)

Amir0x

Banned
My god the Big Sister is going to be the most terrifying thing ever

I am creeped out just thinking about her speedy horror!

Masked Man

I said wow
The only bummer: I'm going to be in Japan when this launches. Moreover, I'll be staying with a host family, so I think it would be super-rude if I were to sit and play it in my spare time instead of interacting with them.

D:

So if
the Big Sister is one of the original sisters from BioShock 1, they obviously are going to have to explain how she came to be, and what happened between her and Tenebaum.

Flavius

I'm not pissed in a spoiler-y sorta' way, but it sucks that the reveal had to go down like this (as in, a response to irresponsible dissemination of misinformation). I think I would have enjoyed a more proper reveal, and likely been more excited about it, to boot.

bottles

Flavius said:
I'm not pissed in a spoiler-y sorta' way, but it sucks that the reveal had to go down like this (as in, a response to irresponsible dissemination of misinformation). I think I would have enjoyed a more proper reveal, and likely been more excited about it, to boot.

It is a proper reveal. The info is from GameInformer.

Top Bottom