• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saya

I still think it's something WOTLK related. Release date or a maybe Blizzard has been fooling everyone and will add another playable race in WoW?

Also, I wouldn't mind if it had something to do with Diablo. :D

duckroll

DieH@rd said:
Are we gonna get 1 new rune per day?

SC2 countdown was better IMO.

Looks like we're getting 1 new rune per day, along with a new piece of the image hidden in the css file, with a new number and a new location word.

Would it make any sense to announce Diablo 3? Blizzard right now has WoW and SC2 to focus on, and wouldn't a Diablo 3 announcement take some of that thunder away from Starcraft and Lich King?

To me it doesn't make sense to announce Diablo before Starcraft is out of the door.

CassSept

evlcookie said:
If it was Diablo 3 then wouldnt it be slightly crazy to announce it before starcraft 2 is out and the next wow expansion?
You know, World of Warcraft was announced before even Warcraft 3 was released. And they even managed to release expansion pack before they finished developing WoW :p

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
CassSept said:
You know, World of Warcraft was announced before even Warcraft 3 was released. And they even managed to release expansion pack before they finished developing WoW :p

:lol True. And i wouldnt expect D3 to be out untill late 2009/2010. But it just seems like an odd thing to announce. Keep it for next years blizzcon.

Yixian

Banned
evlcookie said:
:lol True. And i wouldnt expect D3 to be out untill late 2009/2010. But it just seems like an odd thing to announce. Keep it for next years blizzcon.

I wish Blizz would just take a leaf out of Crytek's book and not announce games until a few months before they ship. I am sick to death of their drawn out hype trains. They make make the best game evAR in teh w3rld but that doesn't mean they can announce a game the moment the idea for the next game pops into one of the directors heads..

duckroll

I think it's worth mentioning the specific placement of the hints in the css file...

body {background:black;margin:0;padding:0;font:11px/14px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
a,a:active,a:visited {color:white;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
a:active {outline:none;}
a:focus {outline:none; -moz-outline-style:none;}
/*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
.clickthru {background:url('_images/ctbg.gif') repeat-x 0 0;}
.clickthru .link {background:url('_images/ctbg.jpg') no-repeat 50% 0;text-align:center;height:29px;}
.clickthru a {line-height:29px;padding:0 15px 0 0;background:url('_images/link.gif') no-repeat 100% 50%}
/*.cavern {background:url(_images/15.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
.icefield {cursor: pointer; background:url('_images/ice2.jpg') no-repeat 50% 0;height:705px;text-align:center;}
.icefield a {display:block;height:55px;width:110px;position:relative;top:640px;margin:0 auto;}
.footer {text-align:center;}
.footer a,.footer a:active,.footer a:visited{color:#083f53;font-weight:normal}
.footer a:hover {color:white}

There's a big gap between the two and right after the new line, the teaser image code is next. If tomorrow's new line is somewhere between the current two lines, then we're almost certainly looking at D****O. :)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
duckroll said:
Blizzard/Gureilla top secret project for PS3 confirmed. :eek:
500000458568_lrg.png

duckroll

CassSept said:
To people who recognize the runes from D2, can you post also what's the name of these runes? Maybe that's the hint too :eek:

The first rune is the one on the Frostmount sword. It is not a Diablo 2 rune. The new rune is Hel, as posted previously, and it lowers requirements of weapons by 20% or requirements of armor types by 15%. Clearly what this means is that WotLK will be available on the Nintendo DS as well.

Rur0ni

evlcookie said:
If it was Diablo 3 then wouldnt it be slightly crazy to announce it before starcraft 2 is out and the next wow expansion?

It has to be a release date for wotlk along with more details.

If it's diablo 3 i will eat my invisible hat.
Well, Diablo and Starcraft are different markets. I'd say the Diablo and World of Warcraft markets are similar.

On another note, as someone said earlier, I do dearly hope they don't go the colorful route. Diablo 2 was so gritty. I loved that about it.

Irulan

Neo Member
al capOWNage said:
The image on Blizz' corporate homepage has been updated, this time revealing a second clue on the right side this time...

...image...

Looks to me like another rune for WotLK. I think it's safe to say hope for D3 has been lost.

But I still pray for it.

How about reading the thread first?

Rur0ni

duckroll said:
I think it's worth mentioning the specific placement of the hints in the css file...

body {background:black;margin:0;padding:0;font:11px/14px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
a,a:active,a:visited {color:white;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none}
a:active {outline:none;}
a:focus {outline:none; -moz-outline-style:none;}
/*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
.clickthru {background:url('_images/ctbg.gif') repeat-x 0 0;}
.clickthru .link {background:url('_images/ctbg.jpg') no-repeat 50% 0;text-align:center;height:29px;}
.clickthru a {line-height:29px;padding:0 15px 0 0;background:url('_images/link.gif') no-repeat 100% 50%}
/*.cavern {background:url(_images/15.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */
.icefield {cursor: pointer; background:url('_images/ice2.jpg') no-repeat 50% 0;height:705px;text-align:center;}
.icefield a {display:block;height:55px;width:110px;position:relative;top:640px;margin:0 auto;}
.footer {text-align:center;}
.footer a,.footer a:active,.footer a:visited{color:#083f53;font-weight:normal}
.footer a:hover {color:white}

There's a big gap between the two and right after the new line, the teaser image code is next. If tomorrow's new line is somewhere between the current two lines, then we're almost certainly looking at D****O. :)

frozentundra.jpg

SpiderCavern.jpg

Believe?

Here's a theory:

The URL of of the latest picture on Blizzard's homepage has the number 232309 in the middle of it.

2x3 / 2x3 / 09

6 / 6 / 09 = (possible released date for D3) ???

666, sign of the devil--el diablo.

Yes, I know the 9 is a 9, but come on, I think it's the closest they can get to a 666 tie-in with Diablo 3.

Or maybe I'm just up too late. :lol

DieH@rd

Banned
al capOWNage said:
Here's a theory:

The URL of of the latest picture on Blizzard's homepage has the number 232309 in the middle of it.

2x3 / 2x3 / 09

Yes, I know the 9 is a 9, but come on, I think it's the closest they can get to a 666 tie-in with Diablo 3.

At last as solid theory! :D

CassSept

al capOWNage said:
Here's a theory:

2x3 / 2x3 / 09

9/9/9
Believe!

KrawlMan

As pointed out a little earlier, that new symbol in the image is definitely the Hel Rune from Diablo 2.

I didn't honestly think it would be Diablo related, but that almost settles it for me :lol

VaLiancY

I've never played a Diablo game, WoW was my first real MMORPG experience(other than my Lineage 2 beta time) but for some odd reason I want this to be a Diablo game. My friends fill up our vent every night playing Hardcore(such sadist they are) and the sound of laughter when some says "I died" has me following suit despite I know jack shit about the game.

fanboi

Banned
KrawlMan said:
As pointed out a little earlier, that new symbol in the image is definitely the Hel Rune from Diablo 2.

I didn't honestly think it would be Diablo related, but that almost settles it for me :lol

Ban bet for a month?! :)

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Scrow said:
the next rune to be added to that ice image is likely to be starcraft 2 related.

i doubt this teaser image pertains to a single game.

you've got one symbol for WotLK, another symbol for D3 and the 3rd one will probably be SC2 related.

I hate that Blizzard feels the need to be all obscure with Diablo fans. They should have made Starcraft the "teehee lets post some runs and no other type of media". Have the media blowout for Diablo 3.

F DIT SHIT, F KOREA.

Hixx

Scrow said:
the next rune to be added to that ice image is likely to be starcraft 2 related.

i doubt this teaser image pertains to a single game.

you've got one symbol for WotLK, another symbol for D3 and the 3rd one will probably be SC2 related.

I was just thinking this - the first rune looks more like the one on the Frostmourne image than the one on the Diablo rune (forgive me if this sounds stupid, I've never played Diablo :D ) yet the second one is pretty undeniable from the comparison someone made earlier in the thread.

Fonds

Chris Remo said:
God, that initial open chord strum from Diablo... That shit is seared into my mind for all time. It really calls to bear a crystal-clear image of my life circa 1997-1998, both because it's such an iconic sound and because I played that damn game so much.

Shtay awhile, and lishen.

Yeah it's the exact same for me. I still listen to it pretty often. Music is a pretty big part of why I love Diablo 1 and 2 so much, the atmosphere is so fucking good.

5il3nc3r said:
Diablo's story never grabbed me like in other Blizzard games. You could argue that story is not really important for a game like Diablo but it would at least provide additional incentive to go through the campaign just like Warcraft 3's story did for me.

That's odd. Out of all Blizzard's games, I think I like Diablo's story the most. The way they worked with the cut scenes in DII is especially brilliant, like Remo said, parallell to the player's story.

And how can you not like the wanderer? Great character.

Anyway. I really hope this will actually be Diablo 3. And if it is, I hope they will treat it as such. Not give it the WoW artstyle and gameplay.

Twig

Banned
Fonds said:
That's odd. Out of all Blizzard's games, I think I like Diablo's story the most. The way they worked with the cut scenes in DII is especially brilliant, like Remo said, parallell to the player's story.
Meh, I agree with him. Never was a huge fan of Diablo's story.

Then again, it is the darkest of Blizzard's games, easily, and the last time I paid attention to the story was when I was a fun-loving lad. Warcraft and Starcraft were much more appealing to me at the time. (Of course, now I see all the dark stuff in both of those series, so yeah.)

If Diablo 2 was higher res, I'd go back and play it again. ): (But not Diablo 1. Never had fun playing that game.)

Or I suppose I could play it in windowed mode...!

hiryu

New version of Battlenet?

Also, some blogs were posting rumors of Warcraft 4 the last few weeks but they are probably full of it.

I hope it's Diablo 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom