• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef

Got this from the World of war Site, just a bigger version of what was discussed earlier.

wwisplash2.jpg

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Its D3, fools.

Why would Blizz make such a big deal out of a release date for WOTLK? If anything they will let us know that at Blizzcon.

Why would "the frozen throne" be cracking/melting? I don't think that would jive with Arthas. It looks more like crystal/runestone anywhoodles.

Its got diablo runes all up on it.

Having the ice crack/melt is the perfect bait-and-switch hype inducing device for D3. It makes a ton of sense.

It fits perfectly with the recent D3 reveal rumors.

BELIEVE MOTHER FUCKERS

I'm sorry, I have a ton of pent up frustration as I must stare at my unopened copy of MGS3 every day until my PS3 arrives from home. *twitch*

Evlar

Banned
It's definitely Diablo; the question is whether this is Diablo 3 or World of Diablo.

Has Blizzard ever had projects in all three major franchises publicly announced at the same time?

Yaweee

warcraft.com and worldofwarcraft.com have the splashpage.

Blizzard.com has the splashpage.

Diablo.com forwards to Blizzard.com, as it always has.

Starcraft2.com DOES NOT have the splashpage.

To me, this screams that it is something specific to World of Warcraft. Release date and beta for Wrath, and maybe something huge revealed for the game.

Warcraft 4 is also a possibility. If they are doing it, then as a general timeline...

Wrath
Third Expansion
Warcraft 4
Fourth Wow Expansion
Warcraft 4 Expansion
World of Warcraft 2

Evlar said:
It's definitely Diablo; the question is whether this is Diablo 3 or World of Diablo.

Has Blizzard ever had projects in all three major franchises publicly announced at the same time?

Has Blizzard ever had a billion dollars in annual subscription revenue before? There's no doubt their company will be growing tremendously.

-------------

To me, the biggest sign that it ISN'T Diablo 3 is that Warcraft.com links to the splash, but Starcraft doesn't. I could be wrong, though, and the runes in the picture are nice hints... but, they could be reusing the Rune designs for the Death Knights rune icons.

Twig

Banned
Proelite said:
Blizzard needs to add more steampunk into Diablo.
As much as I love steampunk, they already have a steampunk fantasy series.

Unless you're being sarcastic. In which case, what the hell does this comment have to do with anything?

ElyrionX

Yaweee said:
warcraft.com and worldofwarcraft.com have the splashpage.

Blizzard.com has the splashpage.

Diablo.com forwards to Blizzard.com, as it always has.

Starcraft2.com DOES NOT have the splashpage.

To me, this screams that it is something specific to World of Warcraft. Release date and beta for Wrath, and maybe something huge revealed for the game.

To me, the biggest sign that it ISN'T Diablo 3 is that Warcraft.com links to the splash, but Starcraft doesn't. I could be wrong, though, and the runes in the picture are nice hints... but, they could be reusing the Rune designs for the Death Knights rune icons.

That's just Blizzard trying to throw us off the trail.

It's Diablo 3!

BELIEVE

Proelite

TheOneGuy said:
As much as I love steampunk, they already have a steampunk fantasy series.

Unless you're being sarcastic. In which case, what the hell does this comment have to do with anything?

It was from my experience that steampunk makes a game more interesting to me no matter how the game play was impacted. Having a few doodads around the ambient world that's steampunk in nature should satisfy my artistic urges.

Yaweee

I'm not taking any bets, but I'd love to see some bans fall over this.

If there were a God, I'd pray to it for a Diablo3 full-fledge MMO, with hardcore mode and a shared/reduced subscription fee pair with WoW.

Xater

aznpxdd said:
Too many hints pointing at Diablo 3. Hope its true!

Even I am starting to believe although I said I don't want to get my hopes up. Just reinstalled D2. I love this game so much...

harSon

Banned
I'm going to pretty fucking pissed if it's Diablo 3 since Diablo 2 fucking took over my live for a short period of time :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I haven't bothered to voice my opinion on this till now, but I think it relates to something akin to Diablo. Wrath of the Lich King date release is stretching a bit too much since Blizzard never go this all out with their websites over a single date.

I'm not much of a Diablo fan so I'm hoping against hope it might be something original but who knows. This is Blizzard we are talking about.. the kings of cryptic codes.

Twig

Banned
alba said:
Diablo 3 AM CONFIRMED! :eek:
um... wat

I don't see it. At all. I assume they just recolored the face and pasted it in there? It... doesn't really fit.

EDIT: Damnit, I fell for it. ):

Xater

alba said:

http://www.gry-online.pl/.%5CGaleria%5CForum%5C6/267620234.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.gry-online.pl/.%5CGaleria%5CForum%5C6/267621580.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.gry-online.pl/.%5CGaleria%5CForum%5C6/267621607.jpg[img]

From [url=http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=225349&postcount=118]this thread[/url]

:D :D:D[/QUOTE]

ZOMG!

Boner time over here! :D

j-wood

Pizza Luigi said:
So, this is obviously part of a bigger picture (which will be probably unveiled by changing the picture everyday) but what is it?

A purple man in a furcoat?

That sure looks like a demon to me :)

Evlar

Banned
Prime crotch said:
How about, a Diablo crossover thingie on WoW? Maybe they'll make Diablo a prequel in Azeroth's lore....no?
I need to dust off my Diablo pet. I wonder how rare those things are these days.

Proelite

A demon with only one horn? He obviously shopped various parts of the demon on the original gifs. Try again please.

Don't set yourselves the bomb.

Twig

Banned
Evlar said:
I need to dust off my Diablo pet. I wonder how rare those things are these days.
Ugh, I want a WoW CE. Not even for the pet, but for all the neat stuff that comes with it.

):

alba

Little is the new Big
Yeah I know but Still the filenames, the numbers... it points at "D . I . A . B . L . O" :p (all I care about) :D

EDIT: (from the same thread)

"Hey, I just read a nice theory about those runes

What if the first one was actually Nef (it's a bit a hard to see, but I think it might actually be)

Then you'll get from the rune order on bnet

D Nef
I Ort
A El
B Eld
L Sol
O Hel"

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
alba said:

http://www.gry-online.pl/.%5CGaleria%5CForum%5C6/267620234.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.gry-online.pl/.%5CGaleria%5CForum%5C6/267621580.jpg[img]
[img]http://www.gry-online.pl/.%5CGaleria%5CForum%5C6/267621607.jpg[img]

From [url=http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=225349&postcount=118]this thread[/url]

:D :D:D[/QUOTE]diablol

esbern

Dina said:
Waiting for the picture to clear up day after day is almost like the SSB:B news.

god that was painful. the moment they announced stickers and then it was three weeks of "your character can walk or run!" made me want to shoot myself

I believe that what will be announce will either pertain to their next-generation MMO that they've been hiring for or Diablo 3. I do not believe it will have anything to do with a release date for either Wrath of the Lich King or Starcraft 2. Maybe their next-generation MMO is Diablo 3, which could be cool if they make it different enough from World of Warcraft.

Yaweee

YakiSOBA said:
release date for SC2 ?

Starcraft2.com is the one Blizzard site that DOESN'T link the splash page.

Battle.net does lead to it, though which, when paired with the above, meshes with the Diablo 3 theory.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
CrushDance said:
:lol I want a new Diablo so bad.

nooo i've been diablo free for like 3 years now ...i am too weak to fight off a sequel. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak...ready to clickclickclicklclickclick.

Durante

Does anyone seriously believe that this is anything but WotLK? If so, can I trade my cynical and negative mind for your young and optimistic one?

Askani

YakiSOBA said:
release date for SC2 ?

Trust me, I'm salivating over Diablo 3 as much as the next person, but...

There's a rumor that the release date for Starcraft 2 will be 12/03/2008 according to some retailer's websites and whatnot. So take that for what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom