• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Blizzard teaser Day #6 - THE DAY IS HERE! PREPARE THYSELVES!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firex

Greatness Gone said:
Remember what I said about nothing in Diablo II being useless? Well, I'm honestly thinking the Paladin is sort of useless, actually. Can't recall one instance where he was useful, but then again, the Paladin wasn't a class I played alot.
you mean aside from them being capable of soloing ubers the easiest of all classes?

NeoUltima

The new rune reminds me of the arcane sanctum from Warcraft III.
edit:
arcanesanctum.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
For some reason i get a demon vide from the eyes and well the shape of what probably is his face. A basic plain simple face though, nothing interesting sticking out.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
dmshaposv said:
the splashes are a RED HERRING.

Blizzard is hyping us Diablo III-starved fans on WOTLK teasers. Those are nothing but WOTLK artwork with Diablo runes as cock tease. Gradually Arthas will be seen.

The real reveal of DIII will be at blizzcon.

You heard it over here first!
That's a shame since the first rune unveiled was from Frostmourne, the second rune was indeed from Diablo II, but the third rune is from Starcraft.

Chris Remo said:
I AM SERIOUSLY FUCKING DYING OVER HERE

HOLY SHIT

SERIOUSLY

Me too. I really tore into someone a few days ago for trying to say the ice was possibly hyping Diablo, but now I'm kinda on edge... I'm about to snap.

Teknoman

evlcookie said:
Just me or does there seem to be an outline of a horn that's been cut off on the right?

If you look really really hard you can kinda see a horn.

Greyish with those line ridges? Or is it just too late at night?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Teknoman said:
If you look really really hard you can kinda see a horn.

Greyish with those line ridges? Or is it just too late at night?

That's the stuff, the greyish lines.

Someone over at the WoW forums messed around with colour balance and turned up the red, kinda interesting!

2sa087b.jpg

duckroll

KdoubleA said:
It's called "Cold" this time and the image number is 16, btw.

So we have: tundra, cold, cavern, Icy....4, 16, 15, 23

16 = P

And today's line comes between the tundra and cavern ones, so in the order they are now...

D, P, O, W

Fonds

It's diablo coming back to break away the ice (or is it melting away?) of Act V in Diablo 2 LOD.
I'm sure... right guys? Am I right!?!

You know, as soon as Blizzard announces D3, I don't want anything from them ever again (lol except for Diablo 4)? A Warcraft 4 would be nice, but thats not going to happen until 2030 or so.

Amarox

Greatness Gone said:
You know, as soon as Blizzard announces D3, I don't want anything from them ever again (lol except for Diablo 4)? A Warcraft 4 would be nice, but thats not going to happen until 2030 or so.
What about an expansion?

Teknoman

CassSept said:
The runes are still making a pentagram!
Where is this new one from?

/*.cold {background:url(_images/16.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */

1zvfpc1.jpg

Edit: The pentagram image from yesterday
zmaybewk0.jpg

Still fitting!

Is it just me or does that Walrus look disturbingly evil so far (i'm imagining the expression that would be on its face with those red eyes).

Belfast

You know, it is completely possible that Blizzard will finally announce a NEW franchise after all these years of saying that they would...

OK, even I know that's crazy talk. :(

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Ooh the starcraft dude fits so well, has the same sorta shape face i was seeing.

Ah fuck blizz and their teasing!

knoo

KdoubleA said:
It's called "Cold" this time and the image number is 16, btw.

So we have: tundra, cold, cavern, Icy....4, 16, 15, 23

I think these numbers are just the numbers from LOST for some distraction... nothing happening here.

ThatGuy

I have solved the puzzle to a certain degree. :D

The numbers are from the Valenzetti Equation whic is a part of the LOST Series, which is about when the human race extinguished itself. There are also some runes in this formula mentiuoned. (Like the runes that appear every day, only this time Blizzard related ones.)

The numbers we have so far 4, 16, 15, 23, now compare them with the ones form the Valenzetti Equation. ;)

The Valenzetti Equation is the mathematical equation developed by the reclusive Princeton University mathematician Enzo Valenzetti. Its creation was the result of efforts made following the Cuban Missile Crisis by the United States and the Soviet Union to find a solution to the hostility and danger of imminent global disaster created by the Cold War. The equation was secretly commissioned through the UN Security Council and is used to predict the time of human extinction.
Unknown man writing the Valenzetti Equation on a chalkboard in the Sri Lanka Video
Unknown man writing the Valenzetti Equation on a chalkboard in the Sri Lanka Video

According to the 1975 orientation film in the Sri Lanka Video, the Valenzetti Equation "predicts the exact number of years and months until humanity extinguishes itself." In it, Alvar Hanso also states that the radio transmitter on the Island, will "broadcast the core numerical values of the Valenzetti Equation." The numbers, 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42, are explained in the Sri Lanka Video, as the numerical values to the core environmental and human factors of the Valenzetti Equation. Alvar Hanso also states in the video that the purpose of the DHARMA Initiative is to change the numerical values of any one of the core factors in the equation in order to give humanity a chance to survive. However, Thomas Mittelwerk reveals that as of 2006, they have failed to change the values through manipulating the environment, as the equation continues to arrive at the same six numbers. It is unknown how or if the most recent calculation of the equation is automatically reflected in the radio transmissions.

Rachel Blake also learned that the Hanso Foundation was forcing savants at the Vik Institute in Iceland to run the equation over and over. Somehow, five hieroglyphic symbols were involved in the calculations (Armand Zander described them as "representative"), the same hieroglyphs seen on the countdown timer in the Swan station.

The Blast Door Map included a reference to the equation; a zone on the island is marked as being of "low relevance to Valenzetti-related research activity".

Source: http://en.lostpedia.com/wiki/The_Valenzetti_Equation

Fuck this, somebody cryogenically freeze me until saturday night, PLZ.

Edit - WTF? The numbers? Lost adventure RPG for PC based around Hurley and Desmond confirmed.

Fonds

Greatness Gone said:
Fuck this, somebody cryogenically freeze me until saturday night, PLZ.

Edit - WTF? The numbers? Lost adventure RPG for PC based around Hurley and Desmond confirmed.

Well theyre not Lost numbers... Lost just used the numbers from that equation.
Could be a way to announce that the end is nigh.
Diablo Apocalypse.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
THE SUSPENSE IS TOO MUCH!!!!!!!

Blizz are so good at this...

"hey lets tease them for a week straight and laugh at their comments."

duckroll

Fonds said:
Well theyre not Lost numbers... Lost just used the numbers from that equation.
Could be a way to announce that the end is nigh.
Diablo Apocalypse.

Err, the "equation" is made up by Lost. It was part of the alternate reality game for Season 2. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom