• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne gameplay trailer

S1kkZ

Ich It wasn't rock solid 30 frames, but it was alpha code. Some stutter here and there, no major dips. The guns seem to be mostly there for crowd control. You can stun or kill with it, but I had so few bullets, that it wasn't really worth wasting the gun on single enemies. Sorry about the grammar, posting from phone on floor.

Ich It wasn't rock solid 30 frames, but it was alpha code. Some stutter here and there, no major dips. The guns seem to be mostly there for crowd control. You can stun or kill with it, but I had so few bullets, that it wasn't really worth wasting the gun on single enemies. Sorry about the grammar, posting from phone on floor.

More details please. Did you get to experience multiple weapons? How did they handle? Describe movesets please.

How much health stays yellow when you get hit? How long does it take for the yellow to drain if you don't gain it back?

I'm directing these questions to all of you people who are getting to play it.

bwakh

Probably because of the size. You cant judge aliasing of a 1080p game with a 576p screenshot. Aliasing becomes more pronounced the larger the image and you want to see the image at full size to properly see that and other detail.

Here's some direct grabs from the trailer on Gamersyde, which definitely shows that while the art style is incredible, the graphics still need a fair bit of polishing up:

I don't think the source video was of the best quality, either, leading to a slightly compressed look still, but you can at least pick out more of the details going on.

1LbSBxF.gif

Cannot wait to play this!

Kosma

Banned
Played the demo. Feels more like demons souls to me. But I really sucked at it. The core souls gameplay seems intact, the firearms are just an addition, not the main focus. You need to be a lot more agile and doge, roll around. The visuals. Aside from some minor framerate issues and aliasing(which could have been the tv), the game Is a looker. The animations, the physicsof the main characters cape, atmosphere... Amazing.

doge.jpg

The world just looks dense.
I always felt the DeS, DS and DS2 universes were fantastic, but this city aesthetic is just something else. The huge pan down from the rooftops until the grimy, gritty dark alleyways is unmatched. Just being there feels like a deathwish.

Miyazaki was a fan of classic gamebooks when he was young IIRC, and it's something you can feel in his games; Bloodborne's city, for example, looks like a take on Victorian aesthetics by John Blanche that wouldn't be out of place in some old Fighting Fantasy books.

Orayn

Miyazaki was a fan of classic gamebooks when he was young IIRC, and it's something you can feel in his games; Bloodborne's city, for example, looks like a take on Victorian aesthetics by John Blanche that wouldn't be out of place in some old Fighting Fantasy books.

Yep, he explained in an interview that he read Fighting Fantasy while he was still learning English, so he would fill in the blanks with his imagination whenever he came across a word he didn't know. That's where the Souls' series got its vague/mysterious storytelling and general sense of weirdness from.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Finally home... what a day it's been... fuck this game :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck it because it's amazing and you're sad you don't own it!?!?
If I tell GAF the story, it'll become one of those things that'll get quoted for years so I'm going to avoid that.

The important part is that I'm alive.

Yoshichan

I hope you're okay
How many ahve you watched the trailer?
The connection at the hospital was non-existant so I'm sure plenty of GAFers have watched it more than me :) I'm just trying to soak it in right now...

butman

So this time there's no to much classes?

You can be melee (warrior, assasin), shooter (mage), or both.

I guess that for the shooting, the mechanics would be like the crossbow on the previous games. And if we have a sniper rifle it would be like the bow.

I wonder how you can be healed without items...

Huh? It's not on the trailer and never was, after it played during the conference, the exec said 'these three games will be out in the next six months'.

Ahh that makes sense then. When i saw this thread it was just a YouTube link and the early responses were talking about how he said 6 months. There was no mention of a conference or anything though. Figured the comment had to have come from somewhere in the YouTube link.

Grewitch

Yeah well before this game was revealed there were Demon's Souls 2 rumors and this game killed any hope of that.

Why listen to rumours? That's on you. It would be different if they said they were Demon Souls 2 or it would be similar, but they didn't. Sorry, don't mean to be harsh but you set yourself up for a fall and now you've fallen and you don't like it. Go figure.

I've never played Demon Souls or Dark Souls and have no idea about the sort of games they are, other than they're difficult games. Seeing everyone really excited for this also has me excited. What sort of game is it and should I be excited for it having never played the other two?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The first time I played Demon's Souls, I had a vibe from the Sorcery! and Fighting Fantasy gamebooks from my childhood.

Later, I read that interview where he cites those as influence, and I was all "awww yiss".

Top Bottom