• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bloodborne (PS4, Miyazaki, From) details from Famitsu's preview and interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

prwxv3

Seems like only yesterday people were shouting me down for saying there wouldn't be a Demon's Souls 2. I guess no one is arguing that anymore?

It seems like you don't remember one of your whole posts. let me post it so it jogs your memory.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=98377475&postcount=190

You were called out because you wanted people to stop believing that a from and Sony partnership could happen again not just believing DS2 could happen.

Salex_

It seems like you don't remember one of your whole posts. let me post it so it jogs your memory.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=98377475&postcount=190

You were called out because you wanted people to stop believing that a from and Sony partnership could happen again not just believing DS2 could happen.

P1shVpv.gif

Lol. The thread is titled "Do you think Sony will make any more Demon's Souls games". It's still not going to happen!

But you referred to a From - Sony partnership in a broad spectrum. which includes Demon Souls inspired games which this is. If anything this looks like more akin to the first ACTUAL next gen Demons souls game

But you referred to a From - Sony partnership in a broad spectrum.

"Do you think Sony will make any more Demon's Souls games".

No, I don't.

That's not referring to a From-Sony partnership in a broad spectrum at all, it's referring to a specific game. I was thinking this game may be a Souls game, but now people are saying it's not even that.

Orayn

No, I don't.

That's not referring to a From-Sony partnership in a broad spectrum at all, it's referring to a specific game. I was thinking this game may be a Souls game, but now people are saying it's not even that.

The info in the OP makes it sound very similar to the Souls series, which, again, is what a lot of people were expecting and hoping for.

Instro

Look/sounds great, will buy a PS4 around that time. Only thing I'm a little confused about are the weapons, the press release seems to imply its only clevers and guns or maybe you only have that one set. Confusing.

duckroll

Look/sounds great, will buy a PS4 around that time. Only thing I'm a little confused about are the weapons, the press release seems to imply its only clevers and guns or maybe you only have that one set. Confusing.

No, it says...

"Armed with a unique arsenal of weaponry, including guns and saw cleavers"

Jaeger

...only clevers and guns or maybe you only have that one set. Confusing.

Why would they even do that?
Kevin-Hart-Euw-GIF.gif

No, I don't.

Who are these "People"? It's clearly a Souls game in spirit.

So, basically, Bloodborne is a Souls game but From didn't want to lock themselves in with the D___ Souls naming convention for all of time. Sign me up.

I had hoped for a few more details about either the world or new gameplay concepts, but I guess I'll have to wait. Stupid leak had me thinking there'd be a gameplay demonstration at E3.

Soulhouf

Thank you duckroll. Everything looks and sounds great.
Setting and atmosphere are the most difficult parts to make. With that's done I don't worry about the game and level design since we know that team know what they are doing.

Digesting the title right now...

Orayn

"Targeting" 30 doesn't mean they won't reach it, just that it's the framerate they intend to meet or exceed during gameplay. If they're completely successful, we're looking at a locked 30.

Those leaked gameplay gif doesn't seemed to be 30 fps, it was like targeting 60.

I'm wrong?

Pretty sure the leaked WebMs were 30.

To avoid confusion with the other Souls games like Dark Souls?

And it's not a Souls game.

It's not a Souls game.

I would imagine that Sony feels that Dark Souls has taken up that moniker to such a degree that it's not worth making that link anymore.

Why would they even do that?
Kevin-Hart-Euw-GIF.gif

Who are these "People"? It's clearly a Souls game in spirit.

Those people. Was curious why people are saying it's not a Souls game.

butman

"Targeting" 30 doesn't mean they won't reach it, just that it's the framerate they intend to meet or exceed during gameplay. If they're completely successful, we're looking at a locked 30.

Pretty sure the leaked WebMs were 30.

iZpp5SnSjYdgo.gif

Yeah.. But it doesn't look bad at ALL.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I hate to be that guy, but: Why do From always insist on 30fps console versions? It's an action game ffs. From PLS!

Still getting it, and a PS4 to go along with it, but damn, I really expected them to go for 60fps on the new hardware
The game will likely look amazing thanks to the Sny collaboration.

So, basically, Bloodborne is a Souls game but From didn't want to lock themselves in with the D___ Souls naming convention for all of time. Sign me up.
Maybe From didn't want to confuse people with two ongoing Souls series. Or maybe they didn't want to hurt their relationship with Bandai Namco in some way.
I'm fine with the change, but it does seem weird that Sony wouldn't want to try to use that Souls name to their advantage. Like Demon's Souls: Bloodborne or something.

I'm fine with 30 fps if it's locked. I'll take the extra graphical flourishes and scope afforded by an inferior frame rate. Can't wait to see this game in action .

Oh my god I cant wait...if there was ever a game id freeze myself for itd be this one(and Fallout 4, hurry up Bethesda)

My character will be an homage to Vampire Hunter D! I wonder if there will be any fantastical greatswords and the like in this game? I doubt that fits the era theyre going for though.

Also anyone see how it said long range battle? Rifles maybe??? Lord I need to calm down, the Legendary Big M will definitely deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom