• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Boxarts - January '07 edition (56k lol)

Fuzzy said:
An Atlus title so you're required to buy it if you want to stay on GAF. True story.

Even if this particular Atlus title looks like a poor dungeon hacker. Writing seems pretty snappy though so it may be worth the trouble for that.

RaidenZR

Kers said:
5899.jpg

Stay away from this one. Not good.

Variable

I don't get it, developers complain about costs, but they change the box art from region to region. They would save money by using the same box art in each region.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PepsimanVsJoe said:
Even if this particular Atlus title looks like a poor dungeon hacker. Writing seems pretty snappy though so it may be worth the trouble for that.
Shh.

Yusaku

RumpledForeskin said:
It drives me nuts to see art go from this....

To this.....

Kind of like ICO. Such a beautiful game with such a god awful box cover. It even turns you off but the US version kind of fits the game more. Wish Room....but a picture of a car on highway out in the middle of no where?

The Hotel Dusk cover would be fine if it wasn't for the terrible typography.

4025.jpg

Am I the only one to think that the "D" looks like a penis ?

Mhhh, and about the Uno. Forget the GBA and do it onto DS. Now. With online.

Gowans

Jive Turkey said:
Anybody else getting a Zombies Ate My Neighbors vibe from this?

Top down action game with 4 players fighting their way through monster filled suburbs...

I'm secretly looking forward to picking this little fella up :)

RaidenZR said:
This is the best they could do?
They're basically exactly the same as the Japanese versions, except the text isn't covering any of the monsters' bodies.

Edit: However I do agree that they're severely lacking.

polg

Kifimbo said:

polg: "that looks a lot like Animal Crossing"
-goes and searches the net to find out more-
1up: "Chulip resembles Animal Crossing, as you simply walk around town and talk to the people."

Greenpanda said:
It's the best they need to do

Exactly, as if it matters. :lol

Still, if I was releasing the next major game in a legendarily successful series I'd put some more effort just cause its a special game! :D

u_neek

It's been a long time since we had a "New JAP box art thread"!

I can't create new threads but have a few Jap box arts that haven't been posted here so somebody please make one :)

Top Bottom