• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Bravely Default Details + 5th demo coming!

Nibel

Square Enix held a live presentation for Bravely Default at Nico Nico Live earlier today. Here's a bit of what was revealed during the event, as compiled at Game Jouhou:

• You can skip the animations for summon spells
  • New jobs include Valkyrie, Ninja and Summoner
  • The game will offer a variety of methods for recovering your BP
  • The hit count during attacks is determined by your job's level

The broadcast also had mention of yet another demo. The game's fifth demo will be its last one. You'll be able to carry over some elements into the final build.

Source

Is that a demo record?

-----

There are also plans for bonus DLC; check them out!

Buy the new 3DS RPG, which hits retail on October 11, and you'll get an "Orthodox Knight" equipment for heroine Anies.
FE8gM.jpg

Buy the game's soundtrack, which hits the day before, and you'll get a Suppin job outfit, which gives you the Suppin look regardless of job (Suppin is known as "Freelancer" in the English FF games).
RpcEo.jpg

Buyers of the game's theme song single from Linked Horizon will get a "Noble Composer" equipment for the game's most recent character reveal, Ringabel.
KPbEs.jpg

These latter two items can be downloaded through December 13, but afterwards anyone will be able to download them when they've reached a certain point in the game.

Square Enix also says to expect additional character equipment and outfit downloads.

Source

Really can't wait to play this game. It's gonna be a year plus before there is even hope of it being localized. I hope the engine is used again down the road (maybe for a ff6 remake?)

Glix

So suddenly demos which Square Enix uses to hype the game as well as to get feedback & thus improve the final product are a bad thing?

Only the staunchest of defenders/fanboys would just assume that is a negative statement.

tuffy

Demos may also be useful for gauging sales expectations based on how many people download them. Square Enix doesn't want to produce too many copies, or too few, in order to maximize their return.

Famassu

Only the staunchest of defenders/fanboys would just assume that is a negative statement.
Say "modern day Square Enix" and you'll get shittons of hate. His post was obviously not meant as a good thing, especially given that he was answering a post that questioned the need for so many demos ("SE, Y U release so many demoz?!?!?!?!").

nasos_333

Bahamut was mentioned in one of the Demo's. So who knows...

Cool :)

Summons have been a dissapointment to me since FF12, hopefully those will work closer to older FF7-8-9 style and will look like monsters and not some peculiar bike/machine (FF13) or strange oriental (FF12) design

Labadal

Another demo? I ownder if they'll change stuff from the 4th demo. That's what they've been doing on all of them, right? (Listening to user feedback.)

Cool :)

Summons have been a dissapointment to me since FF12, hopefully those will work closer to older FF7-8-9 style and will look like monsters and not some peculiar bike/machine (FF13) or strange oriental (FF12) design

The FF12 Summon(esper) boss battles were pretty cool....

B.K.

I don't care how many demos they put out. If they keep asking for feedback and keep making adjustments to the game, then they can put out another ten, for all I care. I want the game to be a good, polished product. We haven't had one from Square Enix in a while.

Oh, sounds good to me. The carry-over feature was awesome in Dempa Ningen.

Still need to finish the fourth demo, but this game is dam pretty. Hopefully it's a FE style surprise success.

I did not like the combat with summons, it felt a bit akward and they did not feel as epic as the older ones

Plus i did not dig the design/art at all, same for FF13

I meant the Esper boss battles, or boss fights against the Espers (summons) to get them.

The Esper battle music and the fights were pretty cool IMO.

EDIT: Only for FFXII, 12, tho.

The more I hear and read and see on this game, the more I god damn want it. I'm fairly certain its my most anticipated 3DS title atm. Please please please let Square localize this.

The only detail I care about is when it's coming to the states.

Also, is this confirmed as a Final Fantasy game yet? It looks just like FFIIIDS/Four Heroes of Light, and even has "Freelancer" as a job class.

Top Bottom