• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Burnout 3 movies

Norse

Looks great...I like the good race one. Looks like its a video of at least 4 players racing...wonder if it was online footage?

Mustang

Banned
I like the one where the car goes over the overpass and then the fuel truck explodes.

shift.gif

hgplayer1

so this game is gonne be online huh? finally a haven for all those people who go online with racing games and dont know how to brake and steer!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot, did anybody actually get to play the game in multiplayer at e3? I am curious how the game handles takedowns in multiplayer since in these vids the game goes slowmo and the camera moves away from your vehicle.

I imagine that would cause some frustration in multiplayer if it was handled the same way.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
scola said:
I forgot, did anybody actually get to play the game in multiplayer at e3? I am curious how the game handles takedowns in multiplayer since in these vids the game goes slowmo and the camera moves away from your vehicle.

I imagine that would cause some frustration in multiplayer if it was handled the same way.
It still does the slowmo camera turn in mulitplayer but then quickly cuts back to your car racing. I believe there is an option to turn off that feature but it was present at E3 during the online race setup.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Defensor said:
It still does the slowmo camera turn in mulitplayer but then quickly cuts back to your car racing. I believe there is an option to turn off that feature but it was present at E3 during the online race setup.
hmm interesting, because if the game is continuing at normal speed for everyone else you could get in some trouble on the track.

good to hear that there is an option for it. I like it, but I think I will leave it to single player.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
scola said:

Six player multiplayer every day. The game slows down eeeeeever so slightly, but then you're dumped right back in it. Not a second longer than crashing during Daytona, for comparison's sake.

bishoptl said:
Six player multiplayer every day. The game slows down eeeeeever so slightly, but then you're dumped right back in it. Not a second longer than crashing during Daytona, for comparison's sake.

I'm sure you can turn if off, but for style points, it's awesome... you can even slow down the crash replay if you want. This game is easily a pick up of release day.

Grubdog

Banned
Newbie said:
Why do all the videos focus on the crashes, I wouldn't mind seeing a a bit of proper racing
Yeah me too. I didn't like crash mode as much as everyone else apparently did, i still liked it, but I hardly ever played it when i could be playing the awesome racing mode. Split screen crash mode might spice things up though. I can't wait for this game, it looks awesome!

Top Bottom