• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

Jawmuncher

Has Capcom ever put out the sales numbers for Monster Hunter in nonjapan territories?
I'd figure that even with NA and EU combined, that the games aren't exactly power houses for capcom. Which would mean they release them more so just because MH has a diehard community.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
FIG-IPN-4599_02.jpg

Holy crap.

This would make me break my no-videogame-or-anime-figures rule.

Any figure with Lagi armor? Oooh... or Bracchidios?

depward

Wonder if "trolling NA MonHun fans" was a required job duty bullet point in the job description because he's off to a rip-roaring start. Good lord.

Krabboss

How long have they been teasing with "news coming later/soon/this year" now? What could they have planned that they aren't ready to share yet? If it's a 3G/4 localisation, I don't know if I understand why that would have to be teased for so long. I'm just about expecting the worst of this upcoming announcement. Something along the lines of "No plans for 3G or 4 outside of Japan, but we're thinking hard about the future of MH in the West. Stay tuned, thanks!"

Kurod

Banned
"It's a bright future for western Monster Hunter fans. We're pleased to announce the return of Rathalos armor in Lost Planet 3. Enjoy!"

SteveWD40

and the UK / EU...

I am holding off on picking up a 3DSXL until I find out what the score is, I put hundreds of hours into the PSP games and if we are forced to wait till MH4 (2014 at the rate they go) then I will just pick up a Vita and play Freedom Unite while crying salty tears.

jercruz

"We are happy to finally annouce today, only here, that we are NOT bringing MH3G to the states."

I hope its MH3G but I'm not expecting it.

MightyKAC

Capcom can announce all the announcement they want, but until I see some actual and solid MH info I'm gonna file this under the same "Whatever" pile that's been building up back since Sven first started opening his mouth and selling us all wolf tickets.

Capcom can announce all the announcement they want, but until I see some actual and solid MH info I'm gonna file this under the same "Whatever" pile that's been building up back since Sven first started opening his mouth and selling us all wolf tickets.

This!

With tears running down my face!

The Hermit

"We are happy to finally annouce today, only here, that we are NOT bringing MH3G to the states."

I hope its MH3G but I'm not expecting it.

Hopefully, with the new brazilian rep we will have it here before the states... That would be an amazing troll thing from Capcom :D

Vegivo

I swear, if the announcement is for a future announcement and not a game, I'm going to set up a Monster Hunter base camp on Capcom's front lawn and start grilling aptonoth steaks. They're going to smell delicious and I won't share any with the employees until I get some answers.
haha xD

Kacho

Gold Member
So we can expect news next month I assume? If we see any kind of localization, I imagine it would be Monster Hunter 3G. I don't see why they would announce Monster Hunter 4 so early.

SteveWD40

So we can expect news next month I assume? If we see any kind of localization, I imagine it would be Monster Hunter 3G. I don't see why they would announce Monster Hunter 4 so early.

My guess is October for US/EU 3G (announced at Gcon). Someone did a timeline of when they usually announce the localization and it releases and it fits.

They can't deny their isn't the demand, P3rd was at the tail end of the PSP's life so they might have deemed it not worth it.

Kacho

Gold Member
They can't deny their isn't the demand, P3rd was at the tail end of the PSP's life so they might have deemed it not worth it.

Yeah, I can't see them releasing P3rd at this point, even if it was a digital only release on PSN. Maybe they announce a port of P3rd HD for the Vita, who knows?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Can't easily search from my phone. But word of this new employee hit that thread as well, before this one was created.

I really wish they would shut up at this point. Their announcement of announcements with no actual game announcements is getting old to say the least.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=446781

Not sure if that link will work, but IIRC, he posted near the bottom of page 7 in 100 post view.

Thanks, read it. Im still hoping, but at this point the only acceptable reason for pushing the announcement back so oft has to be the addition of a robust online mode/interface. Im hyped for the game, but they really should deliver this time - it could be big on 3DS.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Thanks, read it. Im still hoping, but at this point the only acceptable reason for pushing the announcement back so oft has to be the addition of a robust online mode/interface. Im hyped for the game, but they really should deliver this time - it could be big on 3DS.

I'm not expecting such a drastic addition for a simple handheld port. Would be nice, though. :)
Game needs to come over quickly though...

"MH3G is not coming, but please look forward to MH4, we plan to bring it as soon as possible."

That's what I'm expecting, so basically, wait another two years for a MH game in english.

I'm expecting them to keep trolling with announcement announcements and never release anything.

remist

I gotta agree, after all this teasing/trolling, adding online is the only thing that would make the wait worth it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm not expecting such a drastic addition for a simple handheld port. Would be nice, though. :)
Game needs to come over quickly though...

The game pretty much was already translated - why would they have to wait that long to announce a western version ? This 3DS title seems like free-money to me, especially after they sold already more than expected in Japan. Wasnt there a post where the Capcom guy ( Svensson i think) pretty much confirmed that MH would need a online component to succeed in western markets ?

Top Bottom