• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

Iceblade

Okay, I just realised I've been reading your other post entirely the wrong way. My bad, brain fart, dumb moment, marshmallows, etc, etc. So yeah, what Alex said. =P

I don't think it's too late to bring it to the west either. Who knows when Fire Emblem is really going to release and Xenoblade took forever to come over.

VICI0US

to the people saying "it's too late" for TriG let's not forget there was nearly a 10 month window between the japanese and western release of MH Tri.

meanwhile, it's only been around 7 months since the japanese release of TriG. the key difference being we knew tri was coming, so the wait was much more bearable.

branny

I don't care if it's 3G or 4. Just stop teasing announcements.

to the people saying "it's too late" for TriG let's not forget there was nearly a 10 month window between the japanese and western release of MH Tri.
Not to mention the 15 month gap between 2nd G and Freedom Unite.

fates

I think it's gonna be 4. It would probably give them a good amount of time to hype it up.

3G would be great, though.

Either way I take it as a win because I previously thought we were getting nothing.

ohlawd

I'm hoping for 3G too.

Establish MH even further stateside so when MH4 comes, it'll be even bigger and more fun for everybody.

upandaway

They thought they'd get a different reaction from me if someone else says the same sentence? That's not really how that works.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Not you, but there are many people in other threads hating it already and they don't care about it's localization, they just want 3G.

Well, Tri G is a proven game. Capcom still needs to prove 4 is worth the anticipation.

GameE

I have a question, why wouldnt Capcom bring G to the US and Europe? Didnt Tri do ok on Wii? I would even take it without online :(

Zaventem

I have a question, why wouldnt Capcom bring G to the US and Europe? Didnt Tri do ok on Wii? I would even take it without online :(
I don't get it either.They gave us the stereotypical Dragon's Dogma though.I dunno why Capcom doesn't see a market.Why do we have to constantly beg for years when you have proof people want these games.

I don't get it either.They gave us the stereotypical Dragon's Dogma though.I dunno why Capcom doesn't see a market.Why do we have to constantly beg for years when you have proof people want these games.

Seeing how they are fucking up Resident Evil for the sake of the Call of Duty crowd, it probably is safe to assume that they are probably expecting Skyrim numbers and whatnot, even though any smaller publisher would have probably been satisfied with the sales.
Wouldn't be surprised if only 4 comes out and solely because Nintendo is publishing and providing servers, etc. again.

At this point it really is getting late for 3G, so I'd rather they hurry up with the localization for 4 instead tbh :/

GameE

Jesus, nothing against you pikma, but one moronic nintendo site already using the headline 'Monster Hunter 4 Confirmed For North America?' lol.....

The user, who claims he or she never lies

games journalism :p

Raxious

I really hope it's a game for the Vita, as stated before in interviews Sony mentioned a Monster Hunter for the vita that should be released this year. Mabye it's gonna be MH4 and the're releasing it on the Vita aswell next year?

yurinka

I'd say they'll announce the western release of 3G, 4 and maybe 3rdHD.

I think they will wait for a Japanese event to announce a MH Vita, that I'm really sure it will be release. What I don't know if it will be 3rdHD, 3G, 4, the iOS one, an exclusive one or all of them.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say they'll announce the western release of 3G, 4 and maybe 3rdHD.

I think they will wait for a Japanese event to announce a Vita MH, that I'm really sure it will be release. What I don't know if it will be 3rdHD, 3G, 4, the iOS one, an exclusive one or all of them.
Chibi MH. Now aiming the Moe demographic.

Arla

I'd love to get 3G since I've yet to play one any of the expanded Monster Hunters. The amount of new content is insane and if I had to choose I probably would want it over 4 just because there would d be way more to do.

At this point I cant believe you guys are still doubting Monster Hunter in the west. It's obvious one of the 3DS versions is coming over. Debate 3G/4 but not wither Monster Hunter is dead in the west. Entire threads filled with fake threats about what you'll do to Capcom is dumb.

It's obvious we're not getting P3rd since the PSP is dead and a PSN released for the Vita is just as unlikely because it's a selling just as bad here as it is in Japan. P3rd HD. is also out of the question for obvious reasons.

I want 3G, I can live with just MH4, I'd love both. I have the patience to wait for the news and I'm not pessimistic about the series so I'm excited.

I'd love to get 3G since I've yet to play one any of the expanded Monster Hunters. The amount of new content is insane and if I had to choose I probably would want it over 4 just because there would d be way more to do.

At this point I cant believe you guys are still doubting Monster Hunter in the west. It's obvious one of the 3DS versions is coming over. Debate 3G/4 but not wither Monster Hunter is dead in the west. Entire threads filled with fake threats about what you'll do to Capcom is dumb.

It's obvious we're not getting P3rd since the PSP is dead and a PSN released for the Vita is just as unlikely because it's a selling just as bad here as it is in Japan. P3rd HD. is also out of the question for obvious reasons.

I want 3G, I can live with just MH4, I'd love both. I have the patience to wait for the news and I'm not pessimistic about the series so I'm excited.

I think you're right that at least MH4 will be localized, but it's not hard to see why so many would be skeptical, considering that Sven et al. have been vaguely promising MH localization news for over a year now (since before MH3G/4 were even announced), if not more, and nothing has yet materialized.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I really hope it's a game for the Vita, as stated before in interviews Sony mentioned a Monster Hunter for the vita that should be released this year. Mabye it's gonna be MH4 and the're releasing it on the Vita aswell next year?

On Capcom's to do list right after DMC PSP.

Arla

I think you're right that at least MH4 will be localized, but it's not hard to see why so many would be skeptical, considering that Sven et al. have been vaguely promising MH localization news for over a year now (since before MH3G/4 were even announced), if not more, and nothing has yet materialized.

Eh, I'd hardly count PUSHING for P3rd HD with what he's been saying the last couple of months. I forget the quote but I read an article at Siliconera where said Western MH fans would have something to look forward too eventually. Since then he's been saying have patience and now we got a clear enough time frame, end of the year. He also said that the Japanese branch is the one that makes MH news. A Capcom event, Nintendo Direct or TGS are all likely places for an localization announcement.

Eh, I'd hardly count PUSHING for P3rd HD with what he's been saying the last couple of months.

Nah, I was referring to this quote in particular:

Christian "Sven" Svensson said:
In the absence of [SCEA allowing an MHP3HD localization], at some point in time, we will have some additional news, which is interesting, actually.

Say something like that once or twice over a few months, and it gets gamers excited. Say it for over a year without any actual announcements being made, and it gets gamers to (at best) stop taking you seriously.

Erethian

It's not the time to care about MH4 localization.

Capcom is going to think the same thing.

That they'd suddenly turn around and announce the localisation of a game that doesn't even have a firm release date in Japan is just too silly to contemplate. Especially given their history localising entries in the franchise.

Pikma

Banned
Jesus, nothing against you pikma, but one moronic nintendo site already using the headline 'Monster Hunter 4 Confirmed For North America?' lol.....

games journalism :p

LOL, I'm a "she" actually haha, but that doesn't surprise me at all, that this site's name begins with "Go" wouldn't surprise me either, but really, I just did this so fellow gaffers get a little bit more relaxed, MH isn't dead in the west, and yeah, I can't show you nothing to back up my claim because that would mean me getting in serious trouble, that's why I came here and posted it in the first place, it's Gaffer to Gaffers, it's just my word, I didn't went to Kotaku, or that "Go" site :p I don't care for that pseudo-journalism thing to be honest.

Edit: "The user, who claims she never lies" hahaha did I read that stupid?

MightyKAC

I'm betting on a localization announcement for Tri G on 3DS which would be cool except for the fact that I only own a Japanese 3DS. :p

Top Bottom