• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

CvGz

Neo Member
If its not announced soon, I'll just order Tri, I have been having a MonHun itch and my psp got stolen with MHFU in it.

A question that is somehow relevant to this topic, does anyone have any statistics for the numbers of 3DS users in EU/NA who play online with it?

According to someone on Twitter I'm not familiar with, Capcom has a press conference at 10 AM BST (5 AM EDT/2 AM PDT) on Tuesday.
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/capcom-confirms-pre-gamescom-conference/099628

If its not announced soon, I'll just order Tri, I have been having a MonHun itch and my psp got stolen with MHFU in it.
I'll probably try to play an old MH game, maybe MH2 with translation patches. T__T

A question that is somehow relevant to this topic, does anyone have any statistics for the numbers of 3DS users in EU/NA who play online with it?
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120606/index.html

"Seventy percent of the Nintendo 3DS installed base here in the United States has connected Nintendo 3DS to the Internet." - Reggie

ANYUo.jpg

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120606/index.html

"Seventy percent of the Nintendo 3DS installed base here in the United States has connected Nintendo 3DS to the Internet." - Reggie

ANYUo.jpg

Thanks for your reply, but I meant people who actively play online games having this feature such as, say, MK7, not people who connect online for firmware updates or whatever reason.

I asked this as it has crossed my mind the idea that they have not released yet MH3G outside of Japan as they think handhelds are just not viable for online gaming.

fates

Well, normally you'd think that with this giveaway and hyping (?) they are doing right now, there will definitely be some MH news at the event. MH3G I'm guessing because it's waaaay to early to think about 4 overseas. But it's really hard to guess what Capcom is thinking these days. Guess we'll know soon.

And then Sven's inbox can rest.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wouldn't be surprised if they just skipped MH3G and went staight to 4 to be honest...
They won't talk about MH4 and a western release with the Japanese launch being so far away.

It has to be Tri G with online and a Q1 release.

Conor 419

Banned
They won't talk about MH4 and a western release with the Japanese launch being so far away.

MH4 is spring 2013 right? So it's equally distant if it releases in Q1. ALTHOUGH, when MH3G was announced for 3DS it got released in Japan very soon after, so maybe we can expect 3G in Q4 if it is that game? :D

Celegus

MH3 on Wii was the only MH I've ever played, so replaying that again on 3DS doesn't sound that great to me. Loved the game, but I think I'll wait for MH4.

MH3 on Wii was the only MH I've ever played, so replaying that again on 3DS doesn't sound that great to me. Loved the game, but I think I'll wait for MH4.

You know there is a ton of added content in 3G that separates it from being the same, right? Not all new content, but a significant amount.

Ultratech

I'll probably try to play an old MH game, maybe MH2 with translation patches. T__T

MH2 with its English Patch is pretty cool. Granted, it was a bit off-putting at first, since I more or less beat Tri before playing it, and only playing a few hours of the first game.

But MH2 is pretty awesome. Still sad we never really got it.

Mondriaan

It would be better to make sure that online actually works well instead of being anything like the unspeakably bad wiispeak hack that they duct taped onto the localized Tri.

Maybe it will end up delaying MH4, but it would be better if they are forced to make online coop work well because Japanese players will also be using it.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
On the latest 8-4 Play, they mentioned that an 8-4 joint will be announced at Gamescom. Could it be MH3G?

8-4 did the localization for MH Tri on Wii, for those who don't know.

Grrrrr, I must not be hyped or I'll be sad after the event, I must resist. I must resist, I repeat. Nothing happening, must go on.

If they add online to Tri G, they should do a patch release for Japan so those 1.5m 3G buyers don't get burned. Would also be a great time to do a budget reprint and drive sales past 2m.

If they add online to Tri G, they should do a patch release for Japan so those 1.5m 3G buyers don't get burned.

Actually back in the day Japanese customers got burnt not much differently, when they had to pay a monthly fee unlike those in the rest of the world who could play on-line completely free-of-charge.
Anyway I gather local multi is how the most people play MH3G in Japan regardless, so they probably shouldn't bother too much.

Would also be a great time to do a budget reprint and drive sales past 2m.

This may happen in any case, a budget edition being released in Japan a few months before MH4 launches should be pretty a given imo.

Kyon

Banned
There's something im curious about. Im guessing most of you in here are only Tri players. Just based on that assumption.. if Tri G were released with no online would you like it as much as Tri?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
There's something im curious about. Im guessing most of you in here are only Tri players. Just based on that assumption.. if Tri G were released with no online would you like it as much as Tri?

No.

But I would still buy it.

upandaway

Having online is not even a variable for me because I'm actually playing my portables in a portable fashion. No issue.

Obviously comparing it to Tri would be negative because it's comparing game+online to game. Of course it loses.

Priz

As someone who hasn't played any of the series... since it's easily available on the Wii, is it ok to start with Tri or should I really have played through the first/second game before that?

I remember trying the first one the year it was at E3 and I just randomly picked up a controller and couldn't figure out much of what was going on (early build)... poked around for a few minutes and tried something else.

Kyon

Banned
You will hate Portable 1 TRUST ME lol. Start with 2nG(Unite) and you will never look back. You will thank me later. Also after that try Tri. It's a lesser game compared to Unite but its easy for those beginners

Emitan

As someone who hasn't played any of the series... since it's easily available on the Wii, is it ok to start with Tri or should I really have played through the first/second game before that?

I remember trying the first one the year it was at E3 and I just randomly picked up a controller and couldn't figure out much of what was going on (early build)... poked around for a few minutes and tried something else.

Start with Tri if you want to play multiplayer.

I have no interest if there is no online. I thought the Tri single player offline experience was only so-so.

Top Bottom