• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

Qurupeke

I want MH3G for 3DS. After that, they can release MH3G HD U. Like what happened with MH3rd. Oh, and if someone has MH3G, he should be able to buy MH3G HD U for free. :eek: But it's Capcom so they will just release MH3G HD U, without online.

quick question of topic question : why is everybody saying MonHun now when most ppl saying "モハン"(mohan) for モンスターハンター (monsutaa hantaa) in the beginning ?

The only MH game ive played is tri on Wii, and i didnt care for it. I love the idea of hunting and crafting etc though so maybe i didnt give the game a chance and play longer. If i had a vita and a 3ds (us versions) what would be the best MH experience? I apologize as i really don't know what the differences are between all the existing and upcoming ones and could use everyones opinons.

Thanks all

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The only MH game ive played is tri on Wii, and i didnt care for it. I love the idea of hunting and crafting etc though so maybe i didnt give the game a chance and play longer. If i had a vita and a 3ds (us versions) what would be the best MH experience? I apologize as i really don't know what the differences are between all the existing and upcoming ones and could use everyones opinons.

Thanks all

Tri is definitely the most polished title, if you're only looking at NA releases. There's a pretty steep learning curve for some new comers, and you probably want to jump online with people to get the true experience. Playing with more experienced hunters will give you a chance to see their strategies, and ask for advice too. Pick up Tri, as you can find it pretty cheap now.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So is everyone convinced it is going to be a Wii U MH?

I really don't like that idea, but... lol 2bad4me.

I have a feeling that might be what is coming, but I don't know if that is just wishful thinking on my part.

I do think that a Wii U game would make all of the mixed and vague messages from Capcom make a lot more sense.

Thanks all
The best experience would be Monster Hunter 3 (Wii) because it looks good, controls great and has online mode. But you said you didn't care for it, so the only option left would be Freedom Unite (PSP), which brims with content, but is definitely outdated in many aspects.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Well I'm not joking, I just don't know the series that much and was wondering why I heard mohan years ago and now it's mohun... (being ignorant is now a joke, okay, fair enough.)
Probably because the people saying monhun are shortening the English name (edit, ie,what's on the games' cover everywhere, and that most people can read, not just those who are native speakers)? Monster Hunter --> MonHun. At least that's why I do it, I can't speak for everyone else of course. I don't know why you'd expect me to use Japanese.

Kacho

Gold Member

Thanks all

Tri is the most accessible MH. I'd recommend picking that one up again. Keep in mind that the game doesn't really pick up until you get to the third monster.

Guys, the news was that they're giving me one of these mugs:

lSfNh.jpg

They just haven't announced it yet.
D:

If they think online is a requirement to sell in the West, I wonder how a porting of MH3 on Wii would make sense, given thatn it will hardly have a graphic improvement.

If they think online is a requirement to sell in the West, I wonder how a porting of MH3 on Wii would make sense, given thatn it will hardly have a graphic improvement.

Actually Wii has a huge install base, and Tri was a Wii game in the first place, besides I am convinced 3G was planned to release there as well until it was switched to 3DS - a good decision in hindsight -, so I would be perfectly OK with it - I could not bother too much about old gen graphics as long as the game is enjoyable -, yet there's some downsides to it:

1) Atm Wii is not performing very well in the West, it's pretty much a dead console by now and this could affect the sales.

2) Wii had no built-in keyboard or chat system - apart from Wii-Speak that was arguably awful - whereas WiiU seems to have addressed these issues being more suitable for online multiplayer.

So, if I had to take a guess, WiiU would be the platform that would make the most sense to bring 3G over to the West.

Yeah, sorry, I was saying Wii U; my point still stands: since it's a new console and they want to make it sell in the West, they should upgrade graphics, something that will hardly be done.

Emitan

Yeah, sorry, I was saying Wii U; my point still stands: since it's a new console and they want to make it sell in the West, they should upgrade graphics, something that will hardly be done.

I would be fine with upscaled 3DS graphics as long as they actually make the HUD better unlike Potrable 3rd HD where it looks like the HUD is the same relative scale to the screen and it just looks pixelated and awful.

What about something along the lines of what they did with MH3PHD for PS3?

3GWiiU would be just an upscaled port from 3DS - without 3D - of course, otherwise it would cost way too much money to be profitable.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the tedious reason they choose for not releasing it over here.

Actually I am convinced that's the biggest issue, indeed I can see how the lack of online may affect the sales in the West somehow so I wouldn't blame them for thinking so.

Then they should just say it and stop this nonsense at all. I'm tired of getting teased and shit.
If they're idea is (and of course, that is a big if) to port Tri G to the Wii U, then all this teasing, while annoying, would actually make sense, as it seems Nintendo's intentionally holding back a lot of info on third party stuff on the Wii U (presumably until whenever they announce the release date/price), so such a port would just get caught in the middle of all those NDA's, and that's why Capcom would have only been able to tease it so far--Nintendo not letting them say anything. Of course, either way, Capcom really should have just shut their mouths instead of making the situation worse and teasing it again at every turn, but that would at least give them a reason for not being able to say anything. If that's not it, though...

Of course, either way, Capcom really should have just shut their mouths instead of making the situation worse and teasing it again at every turn, but that would at least give them a reason for not being able to say anything. If that's not it, though...

That's what I'm saying. Just say nothing. Or just say straight no monster coming for the west. Are they stupid or something like that [Yeah they are].

Teasing monhan news very soon while Gamescom is around. Nothing happens, people get pissed and they're wondering what happened. Can't remember when Capcom pissed off so much people. DMC fans, Megaman fans, fucked up SFxTK and now MH fans.

I would be fine with upscaled 3DS graphics as long as they actually make the HUD better unlike Potrable 3rd HD where it looks like the HUD is the same relative scale to the screen and it just looks pixelated and awful.

You would be fine; the vast majority of Western players wouldn't be fine at all. If they think online is essential for foreign market, I can't help noticing how graphics is important as well, and a simple upgrade as Portable 3rd HD seems quite useless.

Tri is definitely the most polished title, if you're only looking at NA releases. There's a pretty steep learning curve for some new comers, and you probably want to jump online with people to get the true experience. Playing with more experienced hunters will give you a chance to see their strategies, and ask for advice too. Pick up Tri, as you can find it pretty cheap now.

The best experience would be Monster Hunter 3 (Wii) because it looks good, controls great and has online mode. But you said you didn't care for it, so the only option left would be Freedom Unite (PSP), which brims with content, but is definitely outdated in many aspects.

Tri is the most accessible MH. I'd recommend picking that one up again. Keep in mind that the game doesn't really pick up until you get to the third monster.

Thank you all. When I get some time perhaps I'll dust off the Wii for this.
Maybe by the time I'm done there will be a version here in NA for either 3DS or Vita.

On 3DS? Maybe there's some technical issue, besides I don't know how online works on 3DS - I still don't own one.

Is there any chat/voice chat playing MK7?
Well, every Capcom game on 3DS except MonHan has online multiplayer. Capcom could have figured something out for TriG if the western versions weren't such an afterthought .

Top Bottom