• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Capcom USA Community Rep: Monster Hunter news "veeeeery soon"

Hiltz

I only used the Wii controls for the MH Tri demo and found them to be quite counter-intuitive. Easily one of the worst control schemes I have used in a game. The control scheme for the CC Pro instantly felt more natural to use. One of the weird things Capcom did was that if you are playing with the classic controller, then you have to pick up the Wii remote and point it at the screen to aim at boss monsters in order to obtain their profile data and for other player information that is displayed in menus.

The only other game that I have used the CC Pro for is Xenoblade. However, I never did try out the Wii controls for it, but apparently it works just fine even though dual analog still offers better camera control. I may consider giving it a try in a second play since the Wii's split controls are more comfortable to use for long gaming sessions.

Mondriaan

Usually, no, but by the end of development I remember some video interviews talking about how they made a "breakthrough" when it came to Wii+Nunchuck play.

And personally, I can only play Wii+Nunchuck at this point. I'll only bother with buttons for Monster Hunter if a version after Tri comes out on a NA localized system.

Honestly, it's also why I'm hoping the upcoming Nintendo Direct or whatever has a Monster Hunter for Wii U reveal.

It would be a waste if the game (assuming a wii u version) isn't designed with the wii u tablet thing as the lead controller (there are advantages like being able to play away from the TV), but then again, Capcpom also majorly gimped the Tri classic controller scheme for no good reason.

Proven

I only used the Wii controls for the MH Tri demo and found them to be quite counter-intuitive. Easily one of the worst control schemes I have used in a game. The control scheme for the CC Pro instantly felt more natural to use. One of the weird things Capcom did was that if you are playing with the classic controller, then you have to pick up the Wii remote and point it at the screen to aim at boss monsters in order to obtain their profile data and for other player information that is displayed in menus.

The only other game that I have used the CC Pro for is Xenoblade. However, I never did try out the Wii controls for it, but apparently it works just fine even though dual analog still offers better camera control. I may consider giving it a try in a second play since the Wii's split controls are more comfortable to use for long gaming sessions.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I skipped the demo disc and played through the game tutorial, so I was eased in more. But I already went over this in the Mon Hun Tri official thread ages ago.

It would be a waste if the game (assuming a wii u version) isn't designed with the wii u tablet thing as the lead controller (there are advantages like being able to play away from the TV), but then again, Capcpom also majorly gimped the Tri classic controller scheme for no good reason.

There's no reason for them to not use the Wii U tablet as the lead controller. But there's also no reason for them to not leave in support for the nunchuck, classic controller, and the new Wii U classic controller pro that they already have a control scheme designed for. Hell, I'd be happy if they tweaked it; one thing that irked me about nunchuck controls is that you didn't use the pointer to aim bowguns.

Mondriaan

There's no reason for them to not use the Wii U tablet as the lead controller. But there's also no reason for them to not leave in support for the nunchuck, classic controller, and the new Wii U classic controller pro that they already have a control scheme designed for. Hell, I'd be happy if they tweaked it; one thing that irked me about nunchuck controls is that you didn't use the pointer to aim bowguns.
The game doesn't allow bowgunners to strafe, so how would pointer aiming work?

fates

Oichi! Are you saying Reggie will announce it at the next ND? :)

Isn't that a Wii U thing, though?

I really am starting to think it's going to be a Wii U port of something... which would be disappointing, as I like MH portable.

Don't really know how Japan would react either, us getting a Wii U version of something.

Proven

The game doesn't allow bowgunners to strafe, so how would pointer aiming work?

I'm not asking to move and shoot. I'm just asking that when I go into aiming mode, instead of using the stick I could use the pointer to aim. If I'm using Nunchuck, I'm already pointing in the general direction of the screen.

fates

Why should they bother?
Japan has had 3G on 3DS for almost a year now.

Because a Wii U port would likely look better, graphically.

Alternatively, if any Wii U port does in fact happen, and there's nothing to differentiate it from the portable versions aside from screen size, I think Capcom may have goofed.

Either way I'm still not sure if the Wii U is the best idea for this at this point. It seems like a huge gamble to bank on the Wii U hitting it off immediately and MH fans suddenly getting a Wii U just for that game. For the time being, the 3DS would be safer as it's already established.

fates

Well there's still...

Okay, GAF, this will be my first time doing this, but I'll just go ahead and do it.

First, I know many people will call me out, because I can't point to my source, and I can't tell many details, I know I would do the same, to my defence all I can say is that many Gaffers know me by now, I've never been banned, I've never lied, I've always been a serious poster, well not that serious, but not in a bad way anyway. :p

So here is the thing...

I can CONFIRM you guys that Monster Hunter will indeed arrive to the 3DS in North America (I don't really know about Europe's situation though), that will obviously be in 2013, what game will it be? will it be both 3G and 4? I can't be too specific, but there are two probable cases:

1) If 3G gets here we will also get 4.

2) If 3G doesn't come, that'll confirm 4 will be here.

Both cases we win.
I know this is more of a Cpt. Obvious thing, because it has been already teased, at least subtly, but I'm getting into this, so fans of the series can rest assured that the west will get their MH fix on their 3DS. Why I want them to know? because I know how it feels to be a waiting fan, I'm still waiting for my F-Zero fix, and my Dreamfall Chapters.

Edit: Wait, Confirming something without giving it's source is bannable? because if that's so, I'll just delete this, I don't want to get in any trouble.

... that.

Hoping that doesn't turn out to be false.

Proven

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/08/2...-hunting-coming-to-android-and-ios-this-year/

Your clamour have been heard, Capcom just announced a Dynamic Hunting sequel.

Called the Dynamic Hunting sequel!

Now, let's see if I go 2 for 2 with my U guess.

Dynamic Massive Hunting Wii U HD

Screw it. I knew I should have unsubscribed from this thread.

Oh well. I'm getting a DSi XL for the 999 sequel and KH:DDD.

Kacho

Gold Member
We all know that Monster Hunter is coming to the west eventually. People are upset because of everything that is surrounding this simple fact.

That and I just want a confirmation so I can rest easy. I'll feel much better once something is announced. This thread has been fun, though.

Spiegel

We all know that Monster Hunter is coming to the west eventually. People are upset because of everything that is surrounding this simple fact.

We really didn't know that. These were empty promises from PR people. This is the translator/editor of the past 2 MH games hinting about the release of a MH game on a Nintendo console.

Top Bottom