• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Catherine (PS3/360) Trailer: "Catherine or Katherine?"

XeroSauce

catherine_catherineart.png

Are you guys kidding? Damn GAF and their "girls with glasses" fixation.

Gravijah

XeroSauce said:
http://www.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/catherine_catherineart.png[IMG]

Are you guys kidding? Damn GAF and their "girls with glasses" fixation.[/QUOTE]

It's not the glasses. Photoshop them out and I still would prefer her.

Jinko

First time I have seen the English trailer and damn why do Atlus always stuff these games up with overly American accents.. /sigh

Don't suppose they are giving us the option for dual language ?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
HamPster PamPster said:
All the story stuff from the game just looks so amazing... but I just have no desire to do the puzzle levels.

Also, Katherine. Cathy comes off as a kid. Jumping on the bed hugging a pillow? Please, I need a real woman

Nah, Katherine is yawntastic. I like how Catherine is posed here though.

Gravijah said:
It's not the glasses. Photoshop them out and I still would prefer her.

Or better, change Catherine to have Katherine's glasses and hair color (but keep her hair style) and you've got THE best combination of them.

Jinko said:
First time I have seen the English trailer and damn why do Atlus always stuff these games up with overly American accents.. /sigh

Yeah, why do Americans have American accents? Those dirty gaijin should be speaking like the superior inhabitants of Nippon.

Volcynika

Jinko said:

No dual language. And I have no idea about your problem with their American accents, considering the characters look pretty American to me!

AtlusAram

Atlus USA Developer
Jinko said:

Jinko,

There is no dual-language option.

Just for my own personal edification: what does "overly American" mean? Can you offer an example or two of other games/voicework that you felt had similar accents?

It should be noted that Catherine takes place in an undefined American town/city.

Gravijah

cosmicblizzard said:
Yeah, why do Americans have American accents? Those dirty gaijin should be speaking like the superior inhabitants of Nippon.

hey i know nippon they make those disgaea games!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
All Cathy fans should be friends. :p

lljride

Katherine for sure.

XeroSauce said:

With me it's more of a brunette vs blonde thing, but the glasses don't hurt either :)

Bossun

Katherine obviously. Glasses, dark hair, hips and the small of the back. All that I want in a woman

Can't wait to have it.

Damn, I would love to have the choice between english and japanese

ampere

Damn, I forgot all about this game, it looks hilarious.

What is the actual game like though, are there battles like Persona? Anyone know?

ciaossu said:
Damn, I forgot all about this game, it looks hilarious.

What is the actual game like though, are there battles like Persona? Anyone know?
It's kind of reminiscent of Intelligent Qube. Nothing like Persona.

Lain

XeroSauce said:
http://www.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/catherine_catherineart.png

Yeah, it is puzzling that this GAF dude prefers the four-eyes, moldy chick (with saggy tits).

Katherine sucks because she has serious looking glasses and such an off putting, angry expression!
Catherine is obviously the superior one, considering she even got her name put on the game.

Catherine > Katherine indeed.

Top Bottom