• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Character Revealed for KILLER INSTINCT (Spider Witch?)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Looks kinda like a MK character with what appears to be aerial combos. First female revealed for KI. Getting crazy up in here.

Reveal Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1EXznwZT4c

C1E34Etx80

Toxi

Banned
What.

Love the character idea
(This should surprise nobody who pays attention to my avatars)
, but making a new character instead of revamping an old one is a pretty ballsy move.

Also, the move animations in this game are really damn cool.

Kacho

Gold Member
Eh. That certainly does look like an MK character. Not sure if I like it or not. I guess I'll wait to see more before I slam it.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
mileena.

looks to play really cool though. very different from any KI character yet. adding a 4th leg to the KI arch type. i like this trend.

Raxus

What.

Love the character idea
(This should surprise nobody who pays attention to my avatars)
, but making a new character instead of revamping an old one is a pretty ballsy move.

Besides Orchid what other females did KI have? I think it is fine. I hope they have a new black character as well.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Her animations could be pretty slick and her stage could be pretty badass. Can't wait for full reveal, now. Hopefully there is a better alternate color.

Besides Orchid what other females did KI have? I think it is fine. I hope they have a new black character as well.

Kim Wu was basically Kasumi/Mai and played nothing like this.

Maya (armed with knives) could fit the part, but she played nothing like this either

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Nice that the new character really looks to be a brand new one from scratch - and air combos, which is what they meant with the hint yesterday about something never been done before in KI so this definitely is a brand new character.

She looks cool.

You know Orchid will probably be the last they reveal since everyone wants to see her.

edit: what if that actually is Orchid?

i always like seeing characters in fighting games (especially this one, even though im not getting a xbox one anytime soon) too bad im HORRIBLE at them, but boy are they fun to look at

I'll reserve judgment until they show more of her.

Double Helix is definitely doing all they can to make each character as unique as possible as far as play style goes. With all the diversity it gives the small character roster a little more depth. I definitely commend DH on that.

Interesting. I like the look of this character. I guess we'll find out more details in two weeks or so.

Also, I like how this new KI is really cementing multiple character archetypes. I never really did play the old KI games to a serious extent, so I can't say whether or not the character archetypes of those games were quite so clear as they are in this new KI. As it stands, we have:

Jago: Well balanced "Shoto" style.
Sabrewulf: Rushdown
Glacius: Zoner
Thunder: Grappler
New Gal: Aerial attacker

There's three more to be revealed, so I'm eager to see what they bring to the table.

abadguy

Banned
Going to be interesting having a character with aerial combos in KI. I guess we have to wait till TGS for the full reveal?

HORRORSHØW

Fucking awesome! I had my doubt about Double Helix, but they're proving me wrong time and time again. Can't wait to see more characters.

HiiiLife

So that's 5 then right? I'm assuming the 6th and final reveal will be Fulgore. Then two characters post launch which I'm HOPING will be Spinal and Cinder. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

Jago: Balanced
Sabrewulf: Rushdown
Glacius: Zoning
Thunder: Grappler
???: Air combos

Spinal: His absorbing and spending mechanic?

Assuming that playstyle diversity is the major factor in picking the initial roster. That's 6 characters with diverse playstyles. Would Fullgore just be another zoner? Would Orchid just be another balanced? Would Riptor just be another rushdown?

Spinal seems like the most potential for a character that is completely unlike the rest mechanically.

.la1n

Definitely not a ninja, as I said in the other thread she looks Persian. Assassin would be most likely.

Kalm

I like her.

Also, ten million points to Double Helix for not just showing us a spider-web and calling it a day.

Hopefully, Orchid is up next. It would be nice to have some girl on girl at launch.
*** Crosses fingers that Patricia Hernandez doesn't frequent GAF...:D ***

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
So that's 5 then right? I'm assuming the 6th and final reveal will be Fulgore. Then two characters post launch which I'm HOPING will be Spinal and Cinder. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

i'd bet orchid.

wildfire

Banned
That's really ballsy/ Introducing a new character before the others are finished.

There are going to be some manly tears this weekend.

Top Bottom