• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Chrome extension "uses AI to moderate comments on YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, and Disqus"

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Via The Verge.

The extension is made by Jigsaw, a member of Google's incubator program.

toxic.gif

How inconvenient it would be to read things you don't like, or things from people you don't like.

How convenient that we now have a curated slider to tell us what is and isn't toxic. I expect this to be handled in a fair and balanced way just like current social media giants handle themselves. I am sure this will improve our political discourse and our communication, and I am sure certain political viewpoints won't be marked as toxicity* unfairly.

Thanks, Candid. And Soygon, and Quarterpounder, and the rest of you fucking stupid "skeptics".

This extension is like bizarro Dissenter. Amazing that they came out so close together.

Last edited:

Shifty

A toxicity slider? Now I've seen everything.

You could probably whip up an impartial solution to this that filters by aggression, specific language, or various other generally bad things that have ruined comments sections for years now, but having the algorithm be context-aware is a key, and I don't necessarily trust its interpretation of that context without being able to see the data it was trained on and logic used to delineate "toxic" from "non-toxic".

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Thanks, Candid. And Soygon, and Quarterpounder, and the rest of you fucking stupid "skeptics".

This extension is like bizarro Dissenter. Amazing that they came out so close together.
I do think this is linked to Dissenter coming out, but I don't understand what the first part of your post refers to.

Jubenhimer

Don't you remember? SJWs are so triggered by different opinions, that they have to make an entire browser extension so create an artificial safe space. That way they don't have see that "Hate Speech" or "Toxic Masculinity".

This is why I can't wait for current mainstream leftist culture to burn in hell soon.

Last edited:
I do think this is linked to Dissenter coming out, but I don't understand what the first part of your post refers to.

Look up Harmful Opinions' YouTube vids on it. Basically, it was a messaging app that all the YouTube skeptics promoted that used machine learning to learn how to moderate content. That learning appears to have been used to start the Adpocalypse (mass demonitazion) and other Google censoring. I have no doubt that this is connected to it.

Harmful Opinions is also no longer on social media. He got depersoned soon after making his vids, with skeptics dogpiling on his "crazy conspiracy theories".

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Look up Harmful Opinions' YouTube vids on it. Basically, it was a messaging app that all the YouTube skeptics promoted that used machine learning to learn how to moderate content. That learning appears to have been used to start the Adpocalypse (mass demonitazion) and other Google censoring. I have no doubt that this is connected to it.

Harmful Opinions is also no longer on social media. He got depersoned soon after making his vids, with skeptics dogpiling on his "crazy conspiracy theories".
Thanks, I'll investigate that when I have some free time.

oagboghi2

This has nothing to do with candid. Google has been working on a moderating algorithm since they purchased YouTube, they even had a YouTube program, YouTube heroes, to mine data for it. Also I know for a fact Reddit has done research into technology like this as well, going back to at least a few years. It was one of the first ideas spread around silicon valley when AI became a big thing.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Are people going to start walking around with horse blinders in public soon? SJW’s are cancer.

Nah it's going to be like that one Black Mirror episode where they implant a chip into children to censor any violent, sexual etc. thing by simply blurring it out on their vision.

Last edited:
Top Bottom