• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Civ 6 screenshots

H4IGdMF.jpg

qTABsNm.jpg

1rRQI25.jpg

still a bit too cartoony for me but I like the fog of war for the sea a lot

MGrant

Nice to see some actual density of objects in these shots. Still pretty lackluster, tech-wise, and I'd like to see them up the polycount or textures on those buildings, but these are far better than the first round of screens.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The units are the only thing that look "off." Everything else looks fine, IMO.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Why does my opinion of the images go down as they zoom in? And I thought we went through this already that the still images aren't the best way to display this game. Why can't they just us GIFs? Anyway, I've seen it in motion so I like it a lot.

Erheller

It took me a while to realize that the less colored parts of the map are the fog of war, and it looks like an old-time map. That's really cool.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Greatest fog of war since EUIV.

i LOVE how the fog of war is an old school map

edit: is being able to see what is land and whats water in fog of war new?

SkyOdin

I like the map styling of that fog of war. It really suits the series.

Maybe I should give Civ 6 a try. I skipped 5 because it cut some stuff I really liked from 4, but I don't want to stay away from the series forever.

Instro

The zoomed out view looks great, as in the first screenshot, zoomed in is not so good. Although I suppose that's no different than any other Civ.

nkarafo

With these visuals i would expect any dual core + 8800 GT as recommended requirements.

It will probably require a 970 for decent performance.

I wish this came to PS4. Civ V was amazing but now I have no way to play CIV 6.

I hope they get the same announcer and I REALLY hope the music is amazing too.

It looks exactly the same as before, where were all the positive commenters when it debuted?

I still hate how it looks, but whatever, will wait for the Complete edition on Sale.

It looks exactly the same as before, where were all the positive commenters when it debuted?

I still hate how it looks, but whatever, will wait for the Complete edition on Sale.

The other screens didn't show the fog of war. Or, at least, show it so prominently.

Like, as far as readability is concerned, that top screenshot shows just how excellent the new graphics will be. They're basically giving the normal view the same kind of instant readability that has normally been confined to strategic view. It is a very good change overall.

Drazgul

Wonder how they'll balance that fog of war, Civ AI has always liked being a sneaky little shit and this gives it some extra edge.

Aon

I wish the whole game was styled like the fog of war, far more attractive to me than the 3d stuff.

Looks good. Civ 5 didn't really click with me, hopefully I'll be able to enjoy this one more.

Did the FOW effect have the trees and terrain and stuff in that first batch of screenshots?

Kathian

Banned
I just need some more definition round units. Right now all looks a bit too much which would make it confusing. Who knows though.

Top Bottom