• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Code Name S.T.E.A.M. Patch? 1.2.0

I've been playing through Code Name STEAM and up until yesterday my game was on patch 1.1.0, the patch that added fast forwarding during enemy turns.

However, today, I was prompted to update to 1.2.0. I cannot find any information about this patch online. Nintendo's site still only mentions updating to 1.1.0.

Anyone know what 1.2.0 changed? Hopefully, it reduced the cheap difficulty (constant enemy reinforcements on almost every single map).

Considering how terrible the game sold, I'm not surprised there's no information about this anywhere -- and it may very well be old news.

If so, mods please feel free to lock.

Roy amiibo compatibility? I also think reinforcement is not too bad but I'm only in chapter 5 so far.

It's manageable (up to CHAPTER 8 myself), but it's such a cheap way to artifically inflate difficulty. You can take your time strategizing only to find yourself suddenly facing a seamingly never-ending wave of reinforcements.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Funny I'm playing right now. Ch 11. One of my favorite 3DS games actually, about 12 hours in. Pretty unique game which Is generally what I look for these days to keep playing. This game keeps itself fresh with new content pretty much every chapter

RM8

Funny I'm playing right now. Ch 11. One of my favorite 3DS games actually, about 12 hours in. Pretty unique game which Is generally what I look for these days to keep playing. This game keeps itself fresh with new content pretty much every chapter
It's a superb game that people unfairly ignored. One of my GOTY candidates across all platforms, really.

Vena

Its a real shame it flopped. :/ I loved the game.

random25

Yeah, pretty great game. Too bad it got severely overlooked.

I'll check out the updates.

I'm on Mission 5, and I got a really good character. This is a great game. I can't believe so many of you guys are ignoring this one.

Easily one of the best 3DS games.

Riposte

It's manageable (up to CHAPTER 8 myself), but it's such a cheap way to artifically inflate difficulty. You can take your time strategizing only to find yourself suddenly facing a seamingly never-ending wave of reinforcements.

All difficulty is equally artificial (because games and their scenarios are themselves artificial) and that difficulty is equally "artificially" "inflated" or "deflated" (because there's no natural, non-arbitrary standard of difficulty, which is created from how any to all mechanics meet).

There's nothing "cheap" about reinforcements, they are a staple of tactics games and merely mean you have to fight carefully (or quickly) and be able to react. The reinforcements in CN:S are rarely hard to react to, as they usually spawn in the distance (or from an enemy that spawns them). I also question the exact value you put in strategizing a map before considering reinforcements, because one of the game's central points is that lack of information. You can rarely see a whole map or all of its enemies from the game's third person perspectives.

This is just scrub talk. When you say "reduce cheap difficulty", you want them to patch to make the game easier. You call the parts giving you a hard time "cheap" to make this demand sound better. That's all there is to it.

There's a difficulty breaking mechanics they put in the game to make it easier (save/restore points). I have a hard time believing that isn't enough.

Top Bottom