• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crackdown 3 information 4K 30fps on XBX ,Amazon lists "Destructible battle arena"

First at Youtube Live @ E3 the devs confirmed the game will be 4K 30fps in the Xbox One X

TIGEfJU.gif

GlossyRichAsiaticmouflon.gif

Some gifs from the gameplay shown

Also the game listing on Amazon says this

https://www.amazon.com/Crackdown-3/dp/B00KVLZ00I/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1497281326&sr=1-2&keywords=crackdown&th=1

Step up your boom and stop crime as a super-powered Agent of justice in Crackdown 3
Level up your super-Agent skills to jump over skyscrapers, hurl trucks at your enemies and fight like a boss
Lure vindictive crime lords out of their strongholds by roughing up their street soldiers, attacking criminal operations and taking out high-value gang captains
Crackdown 3 comes with Wrecking Zone - a 10-person Player-vs-Player race to tear down the opposing team’s stronghold using your strongest Agent superpowers in a 100% destructible battle arena powered by Microsoft Cloud

Sumo have said more information will come this week but the battle arena could be the the city they have mentioned previously ?

If the game's still destructible I wonder why they showed none of it in the trailer. It was supposed to be the game's defining feature. Sucks that it seems to be stripped away from the main game.

Wereroku

Ahh there it is so Wrecking Zone is the name of the MP game. I wonder if they will sell it as a separate product as well.

If the game's still destructible I wonder why they showed none of it in the trailer. It was supposed to be the game's defining feature.

The massive destruction is exclusive to Wrecking Zone. One of the Sumo employees said that they have more to show off with the SP portion. It's not as destructible but it's not completely static.

Lucifon

Huh that PvP sounds like a lot of fun. It seems like the Singleplayer is being done by Sumo but the Multiplayer is being doing by someone else, possibly Microsoft (I think?). Interested to see more PvP stuff, Crackdown seems like it could be a pretty fun fit for it.

If they haven't shown the destructible environments promised they got down graded for sure.

There will probably be some stuff blowing up or falling apart, but not at the fidelity of the initial reveal trailer.

If the game's still destructible I wonder why they showed none of it in the trailer. It was supposed to be the game's defining feature. Sucks that it seems to be stripped away from the main game.

It was never supposed to be in the main game, just multiplayer. You know, because of the cloud it would mean to force online connection when playing the campaign.

Gestault

The trailer was for the story mode, which we've known right along wasn't built with the full destruction in play (except for scripted bits). It's the offline mode, which makes sense. It's the bigger online mode that has the dynamic world-event destruction. I'd bet some of the final implementation there has changed from the original goal, though.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I mean, the game has been delayed multiple years and switched developers. I assume Wrecking Zone is an effort to retain the marketable feature from the original reveal, but basically the premise of the game has shifted since then (probably because the tech didn't work)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Hmm I guess that wording is vague enough it can be taken a few ways but I hope its not a literal "arena" that only has the large scale destructibility.

Wereroku

Huh that PvP sounds like a lot of fun. It seems like the Singleplayer is being done by Sumo but the Multiplayer is being doing by someone else, possibly Microsoft (I think?). Interested to see more PvP stuff, Crackdown seems like it could be a pretty fun fit for it.

It's actually being done by another 3rd party that worked on the originals I think. They are the group behind the cloud tech it's using.

It was a single player trailer which is being developed separately by Sumo. The destruction is massively toned down in the SP for narrative and tech reasons (agents shouldn't be levelling a city to the ground).

Also toned down from just a hardware limit point as well. The X1X could probably have a decent amount but they still have to make the game work on the X1S.

EmiPrime

It was a single player trailer which is being developed separately by Sumo. The destruction is massively toned down in the SP for narrative and tech reasons (agents shouldn't be levelling a city to the ground).

WiseguyMVP

This is why you never tell gamers about any features that may be taken away later in development.

OmFG1!1!1 the dOwNgrade!1!1

Vire

Literally the defining thing about this game was the destruction. Without it, I don't really see the point.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
There's clearly a reason why they didn't show the awesome destructible environments/mode.
Was expecting a muuuuch better showing from this tbh. This was supposed to be the Scorpio first party showpiece, remember?

Blueblur1

Crackdown 3 is disappointing, IMO. All those years of development and all they have to show this?? Development must have very rocky.

ViciousDS

Banned
So even coop online doesn't have the fully destructible environments? Well that's a huge bummer

Now it's just PvP basically.......sounds like troubled development of using the cloud

leeh

That's certainly the vibe I'm getting. Sad to see.

It's been known to be like this since like last E3 or even earlier..

They really, really should of shown MP on-stage. The trailer should of rolled and then skipped to gameplay on MP with someone playing.

Such a shame it didn't get the showing.

Remember that trailer where they launched a gas truck into a skyscraper covered in explosives just to kill a gang boss.

Those were the days.

Arena tells me "yeah that idea that you can down an entire city? that shit didnt work" also seems like the original team was fired of laid off and the rest of the project got outsourced, wonder if david jones is still on it

It was never supposed to be in the main game, just multiplayer. You know, because of the cloud it would mean to force online connection when playing the campaign.

IIRC, the reveal years ago didn't say anything about the destruction being multiplayer-only.

I haven't been following the game closely, though, so that's why I was pretty surprised to see none of it in the trailer.

Loudninja

From a Dev

So I'll stick my head over the parapet for a minute...

First things first, E3 is not just the opening presentations.

You may or may not know but we're fully playable on the E3 show floor, plus we've got folk on the ground doing press presentations and more. We're certainly not hiding the game away! In fact we're eager to see peoples hands on comments.

It's hard to show everything you're doing in a short video, especially when it's in a presentation with another 51 games :)

It was our goal to do a proper Crackdown Campaign game and whilst we might not be dropping buildings, there is a hell of a lot of destruction in the game. I'm sure soon enough you'll see some of the new toys we've made let loose on the world, not least what happens when you destroy a street full of traffic.

If you can hold judgement till you get a better look at some actual gameplay, you might just be pleasantly surprised.

We've got an amazing team on the game - it's a real labour of love.

Right back to work, these games don't make themselves :)

The_Dama

SP looks bad and MP probably won't be shown. Expecting a delay on this or maybe ship MP/SP first followed by the rest later liked MS originally planned.

I like Sumo and I like Crackdown, so I assume this will be a good game. It still looked pretty underwhelming just because we waited so long for something that, at least from what was shown, looks like a minor upgrade.

It was never the standard. Stop.

There were plenty of people getting high off hype because MS purposely talked about just Forza 6 in the DF specs reveal since it could actually manage 4K 60fps and people thought the system could handle anything at 4K 60fps.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
IIRC, the reveal years ago didn't say anything about the destruction being multiplayer-only.

I haven't been following the game closely, though, so that's why I was pretty surprised to see none of it in the trailer.

It did say that from the start, people were asking how destructions are working when offline and they said destruction is only in competitive multiplayer.

Gonna set my expectations extremely low now for the destruction stuff. If it was still as impressive as what we saw a few years ago, they would have shown it yesterday.

Simple as that. We'll see i guess. :(

Top Bottom