• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NEW CRAIG

bi7fJU7.jpg
lNad8yu.png

ArcaneNLSC

It seriously looks like they just photoshopped the goatee on to Craig.

The skin texture looks so low res and the goatee looks sharper and masked/brushed out especially at the end of it. Its hard to tell but are they pubes on the side of his face for a weak ass beard?
vjWatuL.jpg

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I am glad that we are seeing Craig again, this thread is the fun I missed.

...but....

...It really does make you think who actually works at this company. 500m USD, etc...and shit like this.

Sybrix

Isnt this a problem with any modern day Halo game now?

The character models always looked stupid, the grunts are the boxiest things ever and most of the characters in Halo look like they are made of mega blocks glued togeather.

In a lower resolution you can get away with it.

In the age of 4k, the horrificness of these characters are too much for us to bear....

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
why craig look like Kratos?

SANTA MONICA ACQUISITION BY MICROSOFT!!??

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
You are an absolute monster laughing at this poor monkey on it's death bed, I hope this monkey haunts your dreams.
No!
Scared Drugs GIF

I used to work at a slaughterhouse. I wasn't involved in the actual process, but I've seen my share of animals walking to their death. To this day I still vividly remember their innocent eyes.

I'm surprised I didn't turn vegan after that. Never even considered it.

anthony2690

Banned
No!
Scared Drugs GIF

I used to work at a slaughterhouse. I wasn't involved in the actual process, but I've seen my share of animals walking to their death. To this day I still vividly remember their innocent eyes.

I'm surprised I didn't turn vegan after that. Never even considered it.
Oh man, I don't think I could ever work in a slaughter house.
I think looking at them innocent eyes staring at me, knowing their poor fate would fill me with profound sadness.
You're going to be haunted by so many animals my man haha.

Spaceman292

Banned
Isnt this a problem with any modern day Halo game now?

The character models always looked stupid, the grunts are the boxiest things ever and most of the characters in Halo look like they are made of mega blocks glued togeather.

In a lower resolution you can get away with it.

In the age of 4k, the horrificness of these characters are too much for us to bear....
That's what you get for clinging to the same thing for about twenty years. It looks old because it is old.

ACESHIGH

Banned
I still want to see the old Craig model in a mission as an Easter egg. or be able to play as him in multiplayer
MP should have a kill cam that does an extreme zoom right on his face like on CSGO but just when you are killed by Craig.
I'd be pissed if they don't do that.

Reactions: Isa
Still not sure what people are laughing at, these models were pulled out to paint, so while they look a little odd, there's no lighting or any other type of mapping on them.

Kuranghi

Still not sure what people are laughing at, these models were pulled out to paint, so while they look a little odd, there's no lighting or any other type of mapping on them.

Arrested Development Reaction GIF

You're missing the point, we're here to laugh like Ray Liotta, even if its not actually that funny.

Reactions: Isa

Vaelka

The Brutes were just dumb imo, they kinda worked in Halo 2 and they looked a lot more alien not to mention that they were stronger and felt like more of a threat.
I didn't like them at all in Halo 3 tho and now they just look like gorillas ( literally ) lol.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Its odd that people dont mind flat undetailed textures in Nintendo games and fortnite but in other games ppl think it looks terrible. I suppose Halo has always had a realistic art style?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
why do aliens from hundreds of light years away look like they've evolved from Primates like humans did?
Who knows.

But writers seem to make most aliens like humans as a whole. A head with two eyes, two arms, two legs, and somehow they can all shoot a gun or swing a powerful sword. And 90% of them speak English.

Key difference is that they are always bigger, meaner, uglier and in terms of raw strength always stronger.

They have the smarts to be advanced with spaceships and lasers, yet none ever seem to care about looks or straight teeth.

And most of the time they wear dark clothes, have dark spaceships and their skin or fur is darkish too. Not every day you see Alien warlord Grr'el'Kor piloting a clean white spaceship with a nicely made royal garb who just got back from getting his hair cut like the good ol human heroes.

Creativity at its finest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom