• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Crazy Taxi announced (mobile, out now)

V_Ben

Banned
You know what? The actual game itself looks good. The art is fine, and the crazy taxi formula lends itself well to being a short burst mobile game. In fact, the simplification of the controls is perfect, way better than trying to force some console control scheme on to handhelds, like Crazy Taxi iOS did.

This will probably be good, and at least faithful to the spirit of the original.

RaikuHebi

Banned
what_year_is_it.jpg

Jacobi

Banned
Sega, Nooooo. It's on-rails.... The friggin facebook page has 1 million likes, why can't you give us a "proper" one?

Blearth

Banned
Thread is so fucking sad.

Wah wah I hate mobile games. Get over it.

It's either on mobile or it doesn't exist. Phones aren't taking games away from your precious consoles.

marrec

Banned

Worse yet, if this Crazy Taxi game ends up actually being good, most of these mobile naysayers would never know because they'd never play it anyway. :(

Mobile games have a well earned stigma, but that doesn't mean they can't break out of the mold.

shandy706

I think you missed the point.

A lot of people here grew up playing it in the arcade, and enjoyed console releases of it. I played a ton of it on the Dreamcast.

A proper console/arcade reboot could have been great fun.

Instead, we get on-rails trash from a company claiming it's for the fans of the series. I have an iPhone...I don't play games on it.

sibarraz

Banned
I want to say that im surprised on how well the original plays on ipad. I was expecting an un playable mess but I was able to pull all the tricks

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Knew it would be mobile.

Yep, I knew there was no way SEGA would actually be making a console Crazy Taxi. Honestly not even sure if you could sell it as a full retail game at full price these days anyway. I just don't think the interest would be there. Now maybe a reduced price digital version in the $19-$29 range, I could see that.

Mdk7

Not only it's mobile only, but art wise it looks really, really BAD.
Stop fucking with my heart SEGA.

H3xum

MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

come onnnnnnn, put it out as a console downloadableeeeeeeeeee

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The German video mentions IAP and waiting times.
Aaaand this means it'll probably be an awful ftp on mobile...like too many right now. Things took such a quality nosedive on mobile, almost everything is ftp / infested with whales traps / awful overall quality; it's an horror market trend, going like this will explode the bubbole, sooner or later.

KlotePino

Man, fuck that title. I knew it was too good to be true and it would make no sense but I was still holding out hope for some $15 PS4/XONE digital release or something.

Blearth

Banned
I think you missed the point.

A lot of people here grew up playing it in the arcade, and enjoyed console releases of it. I played a ton of it on the Dreamcast.

A proper console/arcade reboot could have been great fun.

Instead, we get on-rails trash from a company claiming it's for the fans of the series. I have an iPhone...I don't play games on it.

This game isn't replacing a potential sequel. It's this or nothing.

And I'll take something over nothing 100% of the time.

SykoTech

Rule of Tumb: If a new game announcement thread is posted here without a platform, assume it's mobile.

Especially if it's a Mega Man/Capcom game.

Blearth

Banned
Enjoy then.

Superman 64 was this or nothing. I'll just stick to nothing.

I'd rather for a game to exist than not exist, regardless of quality.

No point getting angry over it. "Tarnishing the legacy" is a stupid excuse to hate anything. A great game will always be a great game, no matter how bad future titles are.

Top Bottom