• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

New Crysis 3 screenshots

Nibel

Oct 18, 2011
twitter.com
Mock if old

Makes yo current gen console scream in the inside!

Dennis

Banned
Jul 7, 2009
O_O

They are bullshots though. Crytek did the same with Crysis and Crysis 2.

Visualante2

Oct 20, 2011
Watermark indicates a lighting artist, probably not realtime, probably heavily touched up for his reel.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
oh god there's a battlefield 3 style dirt filter over the screen

fuck that better not be in the game

please

Xyber

Aug 24, 2011
Sweden
Please, remove that fucking filter over the screen. I don't have a giant lens in front of my character.

Drencrom

Aug 17, 2011
Beautiful, but they really should start making other games than first person shooters with CryEngine.

DieH@rd

Banned
Dec 9, 2006
why is the first pic so underwhelming in comparison to the others?

Wait to see 1600p version of that shot, somebody will link them eventually. All of these pictures were posted in 1600p in another Crysis thread yesterday.

Jul 20, 2006
Developers STOP USING AWFUL FUCKING FILTERS. This shit uniformly always looks awful, DEX:HR and RE5 in particular looked orders of magnitudes better filter-less.

Antagon

Aug 10, 2006
Seems like there is way too much going on in the screenshots between the insane amount of geometry, high res textures, god rays, dirt filter, etc. It looks good, but also quite messy. I have a feeling that it's going to be hard to see what's going on.

Ryoku

Jun 10, 2011
Washington, D.C.
oh god there's a battlefield 3 style dirt filter over the screen

fuck that better not be in the game

please

It is.

Check out some gameplay here: http://youtu.be/bCBCiBDQMmM?t=7m29s

You have to remember, though, that you're wearing the Nanosuit, which has a lens over your face. Battlefield 3 soliders did not. I don't know why they put it in that game, but it makes sense in Crysis. Not a fan of it, but doesn't really bother me, either.

The screenshots are edited, but I don't doubt that I can't get the game to look extremely close to those with the addition of mods, if it doesn't already look like.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jan 29, 2008
Australia
You have to remember, though, that you're wearing the Nanosuit, which has a lens over your face. Battlefield 3 soliders did not. I don't know why they put it in that game, but it makes sense in Crysis. Not a fan of it, but doesn't really bother me, either.

I hope it gets modded out asap because fuck that shit regardless of whether or not it 'makes sense'.

Antagon

Aug 10, 2006
Dirt filter is stupid. They can build a suit so advanced that it makes you invisible, but they can't keep the visor clean?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Jul 1, 2009
Looking great.

Can't for the life of me understand the hate and vitriol for crysis 2.

runningjoke

May 20, 2011
The Netherlands
Battlefield 3 overdid the dirty goggles effect, if they don't do it that bad and don't use lens flare effects in a first person game it's probably acceptable. They should do it like Duke Nukem Forever (you can see broken sunglasses when you die) or Metroid Prime (face briefly reflects in the helmet in certain lighting conditions)