• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls 4Gamer Director Interview [full translation now available]

Dresden

Maybe there'll be more 'bosses' like maiden astraea from demon's souls?

I think Sif (in both the pre- and after-Abyss scenes) is sadder than Astraea. It was the dead abortion babies crawling out of the blood swamp that did it.

They say all the right things, but I don't know... gonna be reserved on this until I actually play it. The 'sorrow' comment probably means you play as the bad guy, or something.

matmanx1

Great interview and thanks for translating, Zefah. All of the things that were said make me feel pretty comfortable about where they are going with DS II. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wow great interview. Really like Shibuya's interesting perspective on this series and game development.

Officially hyped for this and motivated to clear Demon's

Ficus

Neo Member
I really don't know what to think: in the first part of the interview, Shibuya is only on a marginal role without making any direct decisions in the game, while in the second part it says it will mantain the original's dark souls difficulty and style, with only a easier beginning part and overall more quality. But I don't know if these are just words to start the hype, of someone who has good intentions but he doesn't have the power to obtain so (with his new role in the game development) or if it will be the reality.

Datschge

Really nice translation of an insightful interview, thanks.

I really don't know what to think: in the first part of the interview, Shibuya is only on a marginal role without making any direct decisions in the game, while in the second part it says it will mantain the original's dark souls difficulty and style, with only a easier beginning part and overall more quality. But I don't know if these are just words to start the hype, of someone who has good intentions but he doesn't have the power to obtain so (with his new role in the game development) or if it will be the reality.

First part of the interview is with Miyazaki (DS/DkS director, DkS2 supervisor), part 2 & 3 are with Shibuya (DkS director)...

I'm still kinda worried about this game, but in this interview Shibuya sounds like he really knows what he's doing and that he's handling the series with utmost respect. His points are really reassuring and now I'm actually looking forward to DaSII, as opposed to dreading it like I was when that EDGE article came out. Thanks for translating, man.

Top Bottom