• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

Zeliard

This better not be a PC thing. I wan't an announcement of a full-blown sequel.

That's already a given, and it wouldn't be coming for at least a year or so, probably.

A PC version is super-exciting and I say that as someone who played the shit out of Dark Souls on PS3.

ArjanN

That was a German magazine. This one is Australian. The plot is thickening, I'd go so far as to say it could solidify any minute now.

The german magazine comes out a week earlier than this one, and that claimed to have the exclusive.

Zeliard

One of the best parts of a PC version is also that it ensures Dark Souls 2 will come out for PC, probably simultaneously with the consoles.

LogicStep

If it really is a PC version I will be there day 1! Hope it's steamworks and it gets a good modding community going for it.

Dark Souls came out like six months ago, right? How in the hell do people think they would be ready to announce a sequel already? I understand that 2 year development time is the new standard, but come on.

On top of that, didn't they say something about not wanting to do a sequel to the "Souls" franchise at all? That they were done with the IP? I could've sworn they mentioned that in an interview a few months back.

Orayn

I'll let this here.

died.png

Dear From Software and or Bamco:

cyRIN.jpg

PC version would be a gift for me. My second play-through was interrupted with my PS3 dying and losing all my saves. PC would reinvigorate me to play again with no qualms about it.

Sullichin

Hope we're not all getting excited for the release of the art book or something. I'd prefer DLC, that would be *amazing*, but I will build a PC for the PC version of this game.

Dark Souls came out like six months ago, right? How in the hell do people think they would be ready to announce a sequel already? I understand that 2 year development time is the new standard, but come on.

On top of that, didn't they say something about not wanting to do a sequel to the "Souls" franchise at all? That they were done with the IP? I could've sworn they mentioned that in an interview a few months back.

Mass suicides would ensue.

Zeliard

Nah, they just said they were interested in possibly going back to King's Field. There's no way they're not making another Souls game; it's just a matter of when. It's gotten them huge acclaim and sells well enough.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
If it's a PC version I will double dip so hard. Blighttown/New Londo in decent framerate with (hopefully) better textures/AA/resolution? Yes please.

One of the best parts of a PC version is also that it ensures Dark Souls 2 will come out for PC, probably simultaneously with the consoles.

Wouldn't have minded a reason to commit to a Vita, though this will be just as sweet in the long run. I will still need all of the previous theories to become reality.

If this was happening what are the odds of it being on steam using steamworks and not that god awful gamespy? Who would make these decisions? Are namco known for good PC ports?

Wow, my SO who loves what she's seen of Dark Souls and recently bought herself a gaming pc will be creaming her pants if this ends up bring true. Personally, I am about to faint. Hold me, GAF - this can't be real.

Orayn

If this was happening what are the odds of it being on steam using steamworks and not that god awful gamespy? Who would make these decisions? Are namco known for good PC ports?

Hopefully it'll be a new-SEGA-type Steam release: $20 cheaper than on consoles, good quality port, full Steamworks.

Why couldn't an announcement target potential fans? That's like saying "Why would Demon's Souls fans care about a Xbox 360 version of Dark souls?"

More like "Why would Demon's Souls fans care about a Xbox 360 version of Demon's Souls?"

Oh well, looks like you PC guys are getting what you wanted if that image is real. What a boring announcement.

LogicStep

I would like to know this as well. Wonder how mod friendly it will be. Hi res texture packs please.

Zeliard

More like "Why would Demon's Souls fans care about a Xbox 360 version of Demon's Souls?"

Oh well, looks like you PC guys are getting what you wanted if that image is real. What a boring announcement.

There isn't necessarily a reason it can't be both, you know. Could be that they are working on DLC for the console versions that will just be included in the PC version.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Not that I could play it on this computer, but I wonder how mod friendly the game would be in terms of skins and blah blah.

Orayn

There isn't necessarily a reason it can't be both, you know. Could be that they are working on DLC for the console versions that will just be included in the PC version.

Exactly! Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box all up in this.

Emitan

This thread is so salty.

Namco teases PC version.
Namco teases PC version.
From teases PC version (I think)
Announces something DkS related

I WONDER WHAT IT IS

Foffy

Banned
This thread is so salty.

Namco teases PC version.
Namco teases PC version.

I WONDER WHAT IT IS

From has also talked about the idea of DLC before, too. There's more to that than the rumor.

The guy who posted it works for the magazine

So I now doubt it's fake.

As someone who doesn't own a gaming PC this makes me really want to start scheming about building one. I think I will hold off and wait and see how well the port is handled. I hope it's full steamworks cause at has been said this game is a classic and lugging it around on a steam account forever would be great.

Durante

This thread is so salty.

Namco teases PC version.
Namco teases PC version.
German PC magazine announces console RPG reveal
Australian PC magazine tease "YOU DIED"

I WONDER WHAT IT IS
Updated. If -- at this point -- it's not a PC version then we've all been trolled massively.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Basically, if it's decently moddable too, could be so amazing.
Since it's on PC it's probably bound to happen, but I can't help but wonder how it will affect the online. Unless they do something really clever I fear we'll have cheaters everywhere.

Neiteio

OH YES. I'm seriously down to finally play this game on PC. Could get it on PS3, but PC is far preferred for these sort of gaming experiences these days. Absolutely awesome news!

Orayn

Since it's on PC it's probably bound to happen, but I can't help but wonder how it will affect the online. Unless they do something really clever I fear we'll have cheaters everywhere.

I'm pretty sure making it a Steamworks game would give them the option of using VAC. :)

joe2187

Banned
Well, looks like I'm buying it again on PC

Maybe I'll buy it again on PS3 too. Game is so good I gotta play it thrwice as many ways.

Top Bottom