• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

Neiteio

The guy who posted it works for the magazine

So I now doubt it's fake.

As someone who doesn't own a gaming PC this makes me really want to start scheming about building one. I think I will hold off and wait and see how well the port is handled. I hope it's full steamworks cause at has been said this game is a classic and lugging it around on a steam account forever would be great.
Hey, the guy who posted the PC mag pic has a "Catherine is coming" avatar. Is that a hint Catherine is coming to PC as rumored, as well? Would double-dip on that game to have a copy in Steam.

Dark Souls on Steam would change my life.

Dark Souls on Steam with substantial modding tools would change the trajectory of civilization.

Kind of hard to imagine it being something else at this point(not expecting the modding tools, obv). Guess we should prep ourselves for disappointment!

Zeliard

face book game?

died.png

Neiteio

Would be awesome if it came out in May. Then when I die in Dark Souls and get frustrated, I can boot up Mario Tennis Open and whack some balls.

Whacking balls is a great way to blow steam.

Varna

Dark Souls, released through Beamdog service with locked 30 FPS framerate, no AA, no mods allowed.

Yeah. I don't see them putting in a lot of effort. Probably will be a pretty barebones PC port like Dark Siders. Just a resolution option and any AA/AF tweaks will have to be handled through the GPUs control panel.

Who would be doing this theoretical port?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I don't play TF2 anymore but if it's steamworks does that mean incoming Father's Mask TF2 hat?

Orayn

We'll just have to pray to Gaben that they'll use Steamworks for it then.

I will accept nothing less than a Steamworks release and multiple TF2 promo items including an Elite Knight Helmet for all classes, Moonlight Greatsword for Demoman, and Pyromancer Flame for Pyro.

Dark Souls, released through Beamdog service with locked 30 FPS framerate, no AA, no mods allowed.

Locked 30 and a resolution above 1024x720 would both be a huge improvements.

naib

It freezes on the PS3 for me for some reason. Almost tempted to get 360 version but would much prefer PC.

that would be awesome.

Sullichin

Don't think I'd want to see modding tools unless there was a reliable way to separate between modding/non-modded playerbase (can't be invaded by a modder unless you're modding, etc). Because I'm sure people would be able to do amazing things with the multiplayer.. and also really annoying terrible things.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Ys, Binary Domain, now Dark Souls. I'm so happy. ;_;

Just don't screw up the port.

P.S. Trails in the Sky too please XSEED!

Orayn

So the guy from the magazine shopped a fake version of his own magazine?

The confluence of shit confirming Dark Souls on PC is clearly just a combination of coincidences and fabrications, none of which are related to each other in any way.

My only hope left is they're putting out some new content on the PC version also to entice them and will also release that stuff as DLC on consoles.

cj_iwakura

Uh, I don't mean to be a downer, but do From have any experience whatsoever with PC coding? They know the PS3 real well, but PC... not sure what to think.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Uh, I don't mean to be a downer, but do From have any experience whatsoever with PC coding? They know the PS3 real well, but PC... not sure what to think.

There's so much overhead these days that they would basically have to do Saints Row 2 levels of emulation for it to turn out especially badly.

Foffy

Banned
Or, you could be happy that a large portion of GAF might get to enjoy this great game that you already got to.

They released a King's Field level creator/port for the PC long, long ago, but that's all I know of.

Ninja Blade was their most recent PC game. No idea if they made that version.

Orayn

Phyre, the engine used for both Souls games, has native support for PC. GRID and the DIRT series also use it, and have shown us that it can look absolutely phenomenal at high resolutions with oodles of post-processing.

From also put Ninja Blade on PC and I don't know of any major problems with it.

Top Bottom