• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls Announcement Coming? Like a Facebook page to find out.

vocab

I thought it was inferior to Demon Souls in every way possible except the world design. =/ They dropped the ball when it came to online.

If it's on PC that's awesome.

Emitan

I hope everyone saying "But I already played it on console!" in this thread is saying that in the Binary Domain PC thread, too. HOW DARE MORE PEOPLE PLAY A GAME

I hope people hack it so you can play with whoever you want.

scitek

It would be amazing if From repeated what they did on consoles. Play the game early on PC? Get risked for invasion by maxed out From staff members.

If they use Steamworks, no one will be able to play the game before the release date. :p

SRTtoZ

I thought it was inferior to Demon Souls in every way possible except the world design. =/ They dropped the ball when it came to online.

If it's on PC that's awesome.

I loved the open world design more than the split up levels but the multiplayer was clearly inferior to Demons in every way.

DemonNite

Audίoboxer;36214950 said:
Locking on to a target as well? (nubs aren't clicky).

A game in this series would have to be made for Vita ground up IMO.

Use the front touch screen. Could also explore using the edge of the screen to place buttons at thumbs reach (works ok in Uncharted but better implemented in Unit 13)

Orayn

Audίoboxer;36214950 said:
Locking on to a target as well? (nubs aren't clicky).

A game in this series would have to be made for Vita ground up IMO.

Use the front touch screen. Could also explore using the edge of the screen to place buttons at thumbs reach (works ok in Uncharted but better implemented in Unit 13)

From Software said they could make a game with the same general design for the Vita, but it'd have to be re-engineered to be more portable-friendly. So yeah, definitely not a straight port.

Zeliard

When users got the game early in Japan, From invaded players with level 712 characters. It easily made the game that much harder. :p

I still remember the amount of people bitching about that, lol. And largely people who weren't even going to play the game.

ArjanN

It would be amazing if From repeated what they did on consoles. Play the game early on PC? Get risked for invasion by maxed out From staff members.

Only for the From staff members to get massacred by cheating PC gamers using hacks. :p

DemonNite

From Software said they could make a game with the same general design for the Vita, but it'd have to be re-engineered to be more portable-friendly. So yeah, definitely not a straight port.

If they go all fruit ninja on us I will invade their office

People are jelly of the superior resolution and framerate the PC version would undoubtedly have.

Definitely one of the more unique series of PC enthusiast taunts, with nothing existing or announced. At least for the time being. I await semi-patiently in line for any/all FROMSOFTWARE.

We have something in-store for our DARK SOULS Fans !

Doesn't that automatically discount PC gamers, since most of them have never played the game? I can't see why Namco would be asking DkS fans (ie. those who have bought and played it) to Like their page just to see an announcement of the game coming out on another platform.

Guevara

I'd love a Dark Souls 1.5 for the Vita remixing existing assets but balanced for handheld play and the Vita's inputs.

Go explore what's left of Balder, the Vinheim sorcery academy, Thorolund, and finally Astora to find out Solaire's backstory and if he's really
the son of Gwyn.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Why would Dark Souls fans care about a PC announcement? Being a fan would imply they have already played the game.

DLC makes me sense, although maybe I'm just reading into the tweet too much.

Why couldn't an announcement target potential fans? That's like saying "Why would Demon's Souls fans care about a Xbox 360 version of Dark souls?"

Foffy

Banned
I still remember the amount of people bitching about that, lol. And largely people who weren't even going to play the game.

They missed the appeal of the franchise. They tend to ignore that Miyazaki loves the difficulty. The following is some translation of an interview he did on a radio show a few weeks ago (he mentioned in the same broadcast that it was time to discuss the possibility of DLC within the company).

Hidetaka Miyazaki said:
I sometimes get this question from foreign media, and I answered to them. I was asked why are you so sadistic? I don't know about the other staff members but I am actually a masochist. I am a huge masochist. So when I make games it about how I want to be treated. I want to be killed this way. I want to be killed like this, that's how I make it. It's just that sometimes other people don't understand it, its for my pleasure.

So From staff wrecking those who wanted to play a hard game clearly goes with the philosophy of the creator of both Souls games. :p

Sentenza

I'll let this here.

died.png

Marda

Neo Member
PC or DLC, hoping for both eventually. Would bite on a Vita if so, but unlikely.

---

April 18th... Would be a wonderful close-to-my-birthday surprise!

classicdms

Neo Member
The next Souls game needs to have Journey's random online element. Random dudes showing up in your game. Only way to antagonize would be by using a stone, but if you were just paired up with a dude mid level, that'd be pretty awesome.

Top Bottom