• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Darksiders 2 Screenshots

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Game Informer has put up some screenshots of Darksiders 2.

hires_screenshot49_glotnm5.jpg

hires_screenshot31_glomnat.jpg

hires_screenshot02_glolu9w.jpg

hires_screenshot82_com1uh7.jpg

hires_screenshot134_cozulp.jpg

Game Informer said:
We’re breaking open the floodgates with a ton of great Darksiders II content. We’ve already given you a first look at the game with the Darksiders II announce trailer. Now feast your eyes on this first set of screens from the game.

These screens highlight the new horseman Death and a couple of different weapons he’ll have access to throughout the game. You’ll also get a glimpse of Death’s horse, Despair. Finally, you can stare down two leviathan-sized serpents, which are used to transport a giant airship throughout the underworld.
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/d...03/exclusive-first-darksiders-ii-screens.aspx

Aeana

I think it looks really great. I'm pretty excited.
I just wish Death had a mouth. Looks silly without one.

Cdammen

OK that looks pretty good. I saw the trailer a couple of days ago and diddn't "feel it", but this makes it look like a cheesy comic book inspired game. I likey.

Fredrik

Dark Zelda gets even darker. And prettier. I said Wow.

And I absolutely love the design. The almost celshaded look makes it look so much more polished than just about everything else right now.

Opus Angelorum said:
I'm getting a Soul Reaver vibe, and that is a very good thing. It looks fantastic.
first game had a very soul reaver vibe to it as well (structure/mechanics wise).

looking sharp. can't wait.

zoukka

I really like the texturing on this game. But the main character really looks just stupid. Even in a game where they go for the "over the top".

Teknoman

Ignignort said:
Wow, looks like artwork rather than screenshots!

Seriously I thought the first shot was concept art 0_0

This is going to release on the PC alongside console versions right?

BY2K

Membero Americo
OMG I just notice Death on the screen with the 2 Leviathans.
Holy crap they are massive.

Teknoman

zoukka said:
I really like the texturing on this game. But the main character really looks just stupid. Even in a game where they go for the "over the top".

Death's design fits the comic book style imo.

Blatant bullshots, but it still looks cool. My main hope for the game is better level design. Not that the first one was overtly bad in any way, it just got sort of monotonous after a while imo.

Oh, and Death's face is underwhelming, but just like the first one all the enemies and NPCs are looking great. It's kinda Funny that the Four Horsemen are ending up the dumbest looking characters in the Darksiders universe.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I hate it when people comment in a thread just to call out a bullshot. Wow, good for you, you stated the obvious! Cookie time!!!!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
GrotesqueBeauty said:
Blatant bullshots, but it still looks cool. My main hope for the game is better level design. Not that the first one was overtly bad in any way, it just got sort of monotonous after a while imo. .

If Darksiders is anything to go by : you'll be able to run the PC version in bullshotmode without problems.

I never played the original but seeing these screens make me want to pick it up now as I heard it's a pretty decent game, loving the art direction so far.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yep that's Darksiders alright.

Think I'll go media blackout on this one, I know I'm going to get it anyways.

Skirn

Looks fantastic. The first one looked awesome too, so no real surprises. I hope the second's better than the first one, though - thought it was quite boring.

Is this the engine that they're using for the Warhammer 40.000 MMO?

Persona7

Banned
Excuse me as I froth. That shot with the skeleton is really weird, in a good way.

IsayFever said:
So would now be a good time to go get Darksiders 1 and play the shit out of it?

Yes!

Amazon has the PC version for $10.89.

Console versions under 20.

Salazar

The Space Marine game is using a tweaked version of the Darksiders I engine, right ?

Any idea what this is running with ?

Let's hope the UI is better suited to the PC this time around, and they give us some graphics options, in fact I thought the port was below average all around though it looked nice. Still a great game mind.

Aeana said:
I think it looks really great. I'm pretty excited.
I just wish Death had a mouth. Looks silly without one.

I have a feeling Death's face is just a mask, and maybe we'll see his face somewhere in the game.

Slime

Banned
Salazar said:
The Space Marine game is using a tweaked version of the Darksiders I engine, right ?

Any idea what this is running with ?

I think I read an interview with Simon Watts where he implied it was using the Phoenix Engine, but I can't find it anymore.

Arucardo

IsayFever said:
Well there we go, ordered Darksiders for PS3. Hopefully it lives up to the hype!
Unless you somehow despise Zelda and God of War type games it should totally live up to the hype. Awesome game and I can't wait for this sequel.

Also, the people calling these "bullshots" are a bit daft. They didn't say anywhere that these were console shots and you can make the original game look like your so called bullshots easily without having top of the line hardware.

Top Bottom