• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead Rising 4: Capcom Heroes Info (Dante Gameplay, Dino Crisis Mentioned, & More)

Jawmuncher

So before we get to the actual Capcom Heroes content. I want to talk about the Dino Crisis mention in the trailer. Why Capcom Vancouver is the only branch of capcom which has mentioned/used the game (interviews notwithstanding) is beyond me. Maybe despite shelving the possible reboot plans. Someone over there still has an interest in the series. Now if you're like me, you're probably wondering why Dino Crisis 3 is listed there. While the information in particular is related to Dino Crisis 1 and 2. In the trailer itself it seems the last game in the series is the one represented. This at least holds true for some of the tiles (such as DMC which shows DMC4:SE and Darkstalkers which shows DS:R). While this isn't the case for all of them (Dead Rising 1 is just about Dead Rising 1 in this list). Regardless at this point i'll take my Dino Crisis mentions even if they must include Dino Crisis 3 from time to time. So long as Capcom knows that isn't the title people want to see more of if any future representation is given. Beggars can't be choosers but I can at least politely ask.

dc8njej.png

Since Frank West first donned a Mega Man costume and jammed a Servbot head onto a zombie in the original Dead Rising game, one of the hallmarks of the series has always been the subtle (and not-so-subtle) references to other classic Capcom franchises. From the Resident Evil nod in the mall's restaurant named Jill's Sandwiches, to the free Street Fighter costume pack released for Dead Rising 4, it's clear that a love for Capcom runs deep in the series.

cfl2kp4.png

It's something close to the heart for the Dead Rising design team and when they had the chance to dream up a new game mode for Dead Rising 4, they drew upon the series' deep ties to classic games and came up with Capcom Heroes; the ultimate love letter to many classic Capcom games.

In Capcom Heroes for Dead Rising 4, Frank West wears over a dozen outfits pulled from the Capcom archives and performs signature special attacks based on some of our greatest heroes. Capcom Heroes is an alternate way to experience the Dead Rising 4 story mode. While progressing through missions and exploring the world, players will discover arcade machines. Interacting with these arcade cabinets lets the player equip a new ”Hero Outfit" that gives Frank the powers and abilities of that character.

da1xka5.png

While we aren't announcing all of our featured costumes today, we can confirm that Frank will be able take on the look and abilities of:

acttjrn.png

Cammy from Street Fighter
X from Mega Man X
Sissel from Ghost Trick
Adam ”The Clown" MacIntyre from Dead Rising
Dante from Devil May Cry
”Classic" Frank West from Dead Rising
So many more!

csdnj07.png

Frank will now be able to fight through the zombie hordes and uncover what's behind the latest outbreak in Willamette while wielding Adam's dual chainsaws, Dante's Rebellion Sword or X's signature X-Buster and many more of Capcom's most powerful weapons.

In addition to using the arcade machines, Frank can purchase some outfits from vendors and unlock others by finding collectibles hidden throughout the world. Players will also want to look for ”Hero Training" side missions which award outfit variants and upgrades.

The design team has packed even more Capcom goodness that encourage players to photograph posters in the environment and loot treasures to access interesting game trivia and art.

Capcom Heroes is a free mode coming for all Dead Rising 4 owners on December 5th. Whether you already own the game on Xbox One, Windows 10 or Steam or are picking up the upcoming Dead Rising 4: Frank's Big Package for PlayStation 4, you'll be able to experience Capcom Heroes.

So grab your X-Buster, Rebellion Sword, and mini chainsaws and get ready to take on the outbreak in Dead Rising 4's all new game mode Capcom Heroes.

Capcom Unity Link - http://www.capcom-unity.com/jeffery...gs-classic-capcom-characters-to-dead-rising-4

Trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO-eQIQlnKg&feature=youtu.be

So while they don't mention it in the article. It looks like there will be 10 more costumes in the game. With the recently revealed costumes it looks like we can't expect them all to be from other capcom games. Since 3 of them are from Dead Rising itself (This was also the case with DR3 Super). Hopefully the last 10 remaining costumes are some other fan favorites that we haven't seen in awhile. Why Capcom Vancouver can apparently give the fan service better than a lot of stuff we've seen lately from Capcom Japan is beyond. But I applaud them for it all the same. At least someone over there is remembering the legacy across the board.

Daffy Duck

First I’ve heard of this....Dead Rising is my favourite franchise, time to get some credits.

Wait...it’s free? Wow love free updates.

RedBoot

People actually complaining about Dantes look? Its just Frank West cosplaying as DMC1 Dante.

They're gonna be surprised when they see Cammy. :p

Sissel's moveset looks fun. Hopefully Ace Attorney gets a costume as well. This might end up with a better Capcom roster than MvCI.

JayEH

I like the Dante costume. Shrug.

All of the costumes look like a lot of fun. Probably will buy the game just for that.

Drayco21

I bought DR3 on sale for its dumb Capcom crossover mode, so I'll probably pick up this one when I can get it cheap for this mode. No interest in DR4 itself, but if I squint, it'll just be a Capcom musou game, and I'm down for that.

ryan13ts

New costumes with abilities, that's a great addition..... Too bad it's wasted on Dead Rising 4.

Polishing a huge pile of dogshit with just result in a slightly shinier piece of dogshit.

Yukinari

Imagine making a game so mediocre that you have to use beloved characters corpses to get people to buy it.

Imagine.

Weird with the most recent game that they have Okami over Okamiden, although if you are counting HD Releases, Okami would be the more recent of the bunch.

Looks like there's 17 costumes in total. Lets see what other characters get thrown in.

Jawmuncher

Weird with the most recent game that they have Okami over Okamiden, although if you are counting HD Releases, Okami would be the more recent of the bunch.

Looks like there's 17 costumes in total. Lets see what other characters get thrown in.

Yeah it’s kinda all over the place. Some are the most recent in a franchise while others are not. Not quite sure how they’re choosing.

Top Bottom