• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Death Stranding Trailer.

TeeDoff

Neo Member
Taken from Reddit:

"Ok I just had a thought while watching this trailer. Every person has a literal baby inside them. That is why when the dude is getting sucked up into the void he uses a knife on his chest. He is aiming to kill the baby not himself. He would have used the knife to the eye for a more instant death. The baby is almost like a parasite in many ways. It needs a host to survive. The other baby in the tank is on a form of life support because it was extracted from another human host. The void also needs the babies as sustenance but needs them alive. Maybe the strands are a form of umbilical cord. Quick thoughts of this really unique game."

He tried to shoot himself in the head first though, so not sure that holds up.

Faynwulf

He tried to shoot himself in the head first though, so not sure that holds up.

MaKTaiL should've read the comment under that post on reddit. Because that guy thought the same thing. I don't think that theory hold up at all. Or at least not exactly like in that post.

Dargor

This trailer is even weirder than that first one.

How is this game gonna play? I have no idea how this one is going to turn out.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Death-Stranding.jpg

protagonist name is Sam

i'm assuming Porter is his last name

oliander

All the trailer needs is a catchy, breathy indie rock song and it'll be 1000% Kojima.

Boy this is gonna be something special, I can't wait.

Trailer was interesting and weird af.

BUT, i'm worried about 1 thing at least. After MGSV's keither sutherland.. he practically NODDED throughout the entire game, cos it would cost too much for more lines or something? now it's norman reedus i'm just so worried he's gonna be another silent nodder.

PLEASE tell me the protag actually talks in this game. I know he did in the trailer but for 8 minutes he barely said anything.

BANGS

Banned
You mean 1000% neo Kojima.

THIS so hard. It's like people didn't notice the huge difference between the genius that made MGS1-3 and the pretentious parody of himself who made 4&5...

If old kojima made this trailer, I'd be thinking "OMG what is going on here there are these crazy invisible creatures what could they be!?!? I'm so excited to find out and then have that knowledge destroyed by some mind blowing reveals!"

But since it's neokojima, all this imagery means is "I dunno nanomachines something something..."

Z3M0G

It's just strange imagery with zero context to me. It's either going to be a fucking masterpiece, or an incoherent mess. The main thing that's causing me to remain just a tiny bit skeptical though, is the fact that it's supposedly open world. If MGSV taught me anything, it's that Kojima style storytelling and open world design just don't go together. Hopefully he knocks this one out of the park.

THIS is supposed to be "open world"? wtf... Yah, I'm sorry, but Kojima games should N.E.V.E.R. be Open World.

MDSLKTR

THIS is supposed to be "open world"? wtf... Yah, I'm sorry, but Kojima games should N.E.V.E.R. be Open World.
MGSV is the best open world game ever made. The gameplay loop is absolutely pristine. No wonder Zelda copied everything.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
x31p2f6i5q201.jpg

interesting, found this on reddit

its the "Bridges" badges pre and post crater

so i feel like the game is centered around a crater that hits, what looks like to be New York, that sets all the events in motion

"The next explosion will be out last"

I have no clue what I just watch but I want to buy it and play it. I hope Kojima kills this and Konami regrets the way they treated him. It looks amazing visually and I think alot of people will buy this to see how it plays out and support Kojima's first venture on his own.

Setsuna

MGSV is the best open world game ever made. The gameplay loop is absolutely pristine. No wonder Zelda copied everything.

Wrong! Metal gear solid 5 open world is terrible. If the game wasn't an open world it would still be the same game,

BANGS

Banned
To be fair, the very concept of stealth in an open world is just awful game design. That's part of the issue I had in MGS3. I'm supposed to be stealthy in a wide open are with no radar and no cover? Sure...

They fixed the camera eventually so it wasn't as bad, but it's still awful...

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Sort of reminds me of a movie I saw on a recent plane trip, "Prometheus"

Rising_Hei

The world is decaying and the baby is the only hope left, he gives special powers to the main character so he can keep protecting him. It's a symbiosis relationship, and thanks to this he'll be able to save the world. I think the baby can bend the whole world to his will more than those weird things.

That's my guess :c

3rd trailer and we still have zero idea how it will play, what will the game design, level design controls will be, where the thematics will take us.

To be honest it feels like another "all the questions will be answered in the final game!" and all the answers will be disappointing à la MGS V. I can't help but having flashbacks of all these MGS V trailers and what a disappointment the final game was (not for everyone of course, just speaking for myself here).

Larogue

3rd trailer and we still have zero idea how it will play, what will the game design, level design controls will be, where the thematics will take us.

To be honest it feels like another "all the questions will be answered in the final game!" and all the answers will be disappointing à la MGS V. I can't help but having flashbacks of all these MGS V trailers and what a disappointment the final game was (not for everyone of course, just speaking for myself here).

Word.

prag16

Banned
With no context, just comes off as masturbatory nonsense. Hopefully they show something more substantive next time (and some actual gameplay).

SDCowboy

I'm torn. It looks really cool, but also really over the top weird - and not necessarily in a good way.

It's hard for me to really get excited when I don't even know what the game is, gameplay-wise.

Narasaki

As the oldest Kojima gets, the more boring he gets. Also, he is kind of the worst type of westaboo (the best kind being Hidetaka Miyazaki)

Damerman

I'm speechless at that trailer. that was amazing. I'm absolutely intrigued. it's kojima, so you know the game is getting bought.

Damerman

To be fair, the very concept of stealth in an open world is just awful game design. That's part of the issue I had in MGS3. I'm supposed to be stealthy in a wide open are with no radar and no cover? Sure...

They fixed the camera eventually so it wasn't as bad, but it's still awful...

bruh what the fuck are you talking about? MGSV is the best stealth action game to date, and it's open world.

Alebrije

This trailaer is so much better than the 2 recent Alien movies. I wish a movie about this game comes real on a few years just imagine you can have Norman in the movie direced by Guillermo del Toro and pproduced by KIjima / Sony studios ...An we do not even know nothing about the game...

Meanwhile at Konami :

c29.gif

JP

Quite possibly my most wanted game right now.

I can say that due to the trailers they've shown, knowing that it's a Kojima game and also knowing that he's finally free of MGS. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do when he's allowed to make the game that he wants to make and that he's been given the technology to do that with Decima,

As much as I loved the MGS games that was always very much because of the work that Kojima's team did on them. A new Hideo Kojima games is a far more exciting prospect to me than a new Metal Gear Solid game.

czk51

I recall Kojima saying after the first trailer something along the lines of "The game has already begun" indicating the intentional nature of the trailer and trailers to come. He'll be well aware of the fact that we've not seen game play and discussing its absence. I'm not even sure what this means or if there is a master plan to this 3 trailer approach but I hope he pulls it off coz I love these trailers, but at this stage am pretty skeptical as well.

The9BREAKER

Neo Member
x31p2f6i5q201.jpg

interesting, found this on reddit

its the "Bridges" badges pre and post crater

so i feel like the game is centered around a crater that hits, what looks like to be New York, that sets all the events in motion

"The next explosion will be out last"

It may just be progression of development, like how Raiden looked before Revengeance was announced. But good catch. Any in depth videos made yet?

JaxBriggs

These trailers are useless. I feel like we're still a year away from actual gameplay.

Yeah I have to agree. I mean yeah the trailers are trippy to watch, but I'd be happy if we don't hear anything more about this game until they have some actual gameplay to show.

Top Bottom