• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Demon's Souls screens

swahb5.jpg

34626mv.jpg

qovt09.jpg

2djudko.jpg

10n5bfd.jpg

w6v9sn.jpg

9r22ao.jpg

2eecytd.jpg

2elfi53.jpg

xf7wbc.jpg

20swq2w.jpg

2czxd2t.jpg

flc5d2.jpg

2hgfvb5.jpg

2v8g5j7.jpg

op4dqw.jpg

fm2bk4.jpg

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/134/134468/

Thanks for posting these. I think the game looks quite good and I'm going to have a great time with this one! Anything remotely tied to King's Field is a-ok in my book! :)

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
EschatonDX said:
Graphically very meh.

Gameplay looks interesting though.

are we looking at the same game? frame rate aside (hopefully they will fix it) this game is beautiful

-Winnie-

PROOP said:
are we looking at the same game? frame rate aside (hopefully they will fix it) this game is beautiful

Is this some kind of in-joke that I'm missing or something? To me, everything looks really dull in this game. Nothing really stands out and catches my eye.

gantz85

Banned
King's Field in 3rd person.

Looks great. Nothing like it on any console so far this generation. But not sure about how it'll be received.

KTallguy

Banned
I've never played kings field but I want this game REALLY REALLY bad.

Small screenshots are too small.
Don't worry GAF, I'll buy this and put myself through it for you :)

lupinko

Like I said in the Demon's Souls thread, I need a demo before I buy. They did it for Siren, come on SCEI!!!! >:|

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
-Winnie- said:
Is this some kind of in-joke that I'm missing or something? To me, everything looks really dull in this game. Nothing really stands out and catches my eye.

No in joke whatsoever. Oh my god, people think this game looks good. Yea, the colors may be on the darkish side, but we are in the medieval period here, so it fits accordingly.

Souther

Banned
This game is all about ATMOSPHERE!!

Sure the game isn't super awesome in the graphics department like some games.(it still looks great though)

With a game like this...Your not going to get super bright colorful graphics when the mood is exactly the opposite of that. The game is trying to give you a sense of danger and dread and using muddy and dirty and dark palates are what the game needs to use to convey the atmosphere.

Hopefully they can lock down at least 30fps.

Grimmy

Banned
Looks pretty good but a bit dough-y - as if the enemies were made of play-doh. Still, it's the gameplay I want to know most about.

icecream

Public Health Threat
-Winnie- said:
To me, everything looks really dull in this game.
Dull is not the same thing as bad/meh.

Graphically, there's lots of detail and clean objects, so it looks impressive.

Stylistically, you might consider it dull because it's dark dungeon-y stuff.

WinFonda

It looks bad after seeing KZ2 screens, but that's not unusual. This game looks good for what it is. Like has been said many a time, Oblivion with good art.

I'm sold if the framerate is smooth.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It looks alright, but I'm still not sure how I feel about it, it feels like recycled material from their past games since way back to Shadow Tower.

Durante

EschatonDX said:
Graphically very meh.
Just judging from these screenshots it looks like Oblivion with better art. Unless you're talking about the framerate (of which we don't know if it has been improved) I don't see the "meh".

Is anyone going to import the japanese version next month? Because I don't think the language is a barrier in an actiongame like Demon's souls and I'm curious about first impressions.

gantz85

Banned
M°°nblade said:
Is anyone going to import the japanese version next month? Because I don't think the language is a barrier in an actiongame like Demon's souls and I'm curious about first impressions.

I think the Asian version is released at the same time, and it's in English.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bp-49-gb-15-demon's+souls-70-36pw.html

Roughmar

M°°nblade said:
Looks like standard

HP bar
MP bar
Stamina/experience bar

setup

(First of all, I haven't played the game at all and it may very well be in a still developing stage\specific part of the gameplay. With this said..)

Bars occupy a needless amount of space.
Absolutely no need for setup display in the middle of the game. You don't need to know what sword\shield you are carrying. At least in this case, where you can get pretty much the same by simply looking at your character. If you want to see the inventory, be my guest, and press a bloody button and see it, but I have no need to see it constantly. It's fairly stupid. Period.

Durante

Roughmar said:
Absolutely no need for setup display in the middle of the game. You don't need to know what sword\shield you are carrying.
Unless there is a gameplay reason for this we are unaware of I agree. It's almost as annoying as it was in TP.

I think the health/magic/stamina bar sizes are fine though.

eXistor

Watching the trailer (the gameplay bits specifically) makes this game extra intriguing for me. There's very little to go by at this point, but somehow I get a very "real" feeling watching it. Like I'm really in those environments. It feels very connected if that makes sense. It's very rare that I feel like that, so I'm definitely checking the game out. It might still suck of course, but I have a good feeling about it, this may become a pretty big cult-hit. A big hit all around would be better of course, but I don't really see that happening.

Woz said:
There's something strange in her neck :/

true haha

Anyway, the trailer gives a much better idea of what the game is doing graphically than the screens...the trailer looks very nice compared to most other rpgs this gen

d0g_bear

SolidSnakex said:

I wonder if this is what happened to her

Holy crap in the trailer at 2:14 that really huge fat enemy is awesome. Best rolls-of-fat-sloshing-around graphics I've ever seen (even though you only see it or a second).

epmode

hteng said:
the contrast between light and dark is too high, and bloom too.. unreal engine?
Why on earth would the Unreal Engine have anything to do with this? It's like blaming Photoshop for poor textures.

Kagari said:

Same, lol. The game looks awesome and co-op sounds even better. Watch the trailer. The game is going to have some pretty heavy and epic boss fights, and if you love King's Field or never had the chance to play KF, then this now is your chance. I get the same feeling of being really connected to the environments even when I'm watching the trailer, this is going to be on frightening RPG -- haven't had one of those for as long as I can remember.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Anyone anticipating this should really pick up King's Field PS2. I love it, but... uh... it's kind of a niche/divisive series and the disproportionately positive response to Demon's Soul makes me think a lot of people are in for a cruel awakening if they pick up this game.

RiverBed

Banned
looking forward to this one. it doesn't look amazing, but it's Japanese made and I love their control and game design. I want to see what they do with this type of game.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
My eyes have been soiled......... with poop.
and another addition to my ignore list.

Top Bottom