• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Destiny (Bungie's MMOFPS) leaks from Activision (includes gameplay notes)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The information lockdown on this game is top notch, as you can see.

There's a bit more information about Destiny, and a lot of information about 2K Sports and Beenox at the link: http://kotaku.com/5958165/a-big-lea...alo+makers-at-bungie-plus-more-gaming-secrets

I suggest reading the whole image below, not just the parts surrounded by red. There's notable information across the whole thing.

Here's a link to the previous thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474970

originalejud8.png

Oh jesus the first part of that middle paragraph got me :D
Rest sounds really cool though.

Also is the monetisation here the buying of custom gun colours/outfits?

It's astonishingly vague about what the game is, isn't it?

It's a first person quasi-MMO always on game for 360, PS3, PC, Durango and Orbis. It will have you shooting dudes, it will probably be pretty and Luke Smith will at some point say something about the game on a video game website.

Pretty awesome and pretty amateurish for Demonware to leak like that.

Aren't you afraid Activision will send a letter to take your post down, Nirolak?

wrowa

Paul McCartney sounds like a really strange choice. Not a bad one, but a strange one.

The alleged Halo similarities are turning me off, though. I thought that Bungie's Halo games got extremely stale from game to game and I don't really look forward to another game by Bungie that feels and plays the same yet again.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So 360 is getting the game first and then it's coming to PS3 the next year?

Given the original contract:

-Destiny 1 releases Fall 2013 on Xbox 360 and Xbox 720.
-Destiny 1 releases Fall 2014 on PlayStation 3 at the same time as Comet 1 on Xbox 360 and Xbox 720.
-Destiny 2 releases Fall 2015 on Xbox 360, Xbox 720, PlayStation 4, and PC.
-Before you ask, yes, this sounds incredibly dumb.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

-Destiny 1 releases Fall 2014 on PlayStation 3 at the same time as Comet 1 on Xbox 360 and Xbox 720.

Hmm I see. I guess I'm not all that surprised since Bungie spent pretty much the entirety of their existence developing for Xbox consoles.

Actually, they're monetizing just about every way possible.

destiny2eruax.png

Thanks for the info.
I like how they describe how everything is mutually agreed but between the two parties 'Activision has the tie-breaking vote' :D

The monetisation model is obviously in the air; unless they seriously go ahead with such a wide model...which I can only see as being a major barrier to anyone wanting to get into the game. Ofc Subscription might be something minimal though.

Interesting to see what happens with this though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Thanks for the info.
I like how they describe how everything is mutually agreed but between the two parties 'Activision has the tie-breaking vote' :D

The monetisation model is obviously in the air; unless they seriously go ahead with such a wide model...which I can only see as being a major barrier to anyone wanting to get into the game. Ofc Subscription might be something minimal though.

Interesting to see what happens with this though.

By "subscriptions" I think they mean more things like CoD Elite and Battlefield Premium than monthly charges.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm concerned about how much of a service this game ends up being. Halo and Metroid Prime are the only console shooters I enjoy, and one of those is dead, it would be very nice to see Bungie bump up that one existing good franchise into two.

I could see it being some Halo playing Planetside thing, and me hating it just as easily unfortunately.

Vamphuntr

Beenox downfall is somewhat ironic. I live in QC and on TV there were some government ads running during the year using Beenox as an example of a great thriving company thanks to the help of "Investissement Québec" :S

Quentyn

According to the copy on a Destiny-related marketing job posting at Activision's Santa Monica HQ from two weeks back, the publisher hopes to establish "the biggest new entertainment property in the history of video games." The leaked contract stated that the first game's budget could be as much as $140 million including marketing, and in any case, the game quite likely has one of the highest budgets for a new intellectual property ever.

Activision has big plans for this game.

Sean

Banned
The "it's still quite like Halo" part doesn't really fill me with excitement.

I thought the whole reason Bungie wanted to break free from Microsoft was to do something different after making Halo games for a decade. Yet it sounds like they're making Halo again just for another major publisher.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I thought the whole reason Bungie wanted to break free from Microsoft was to do something different after making Halo games for a decade.
Companies tell fans all sorts of interesting things that aren't necessarily true.

Stewox

Banned
Bad, bad contract has Bungie gotten into, it's so slanted toward activision, for 10 years.

I've read it fully months ago, literally

Blablurn

-Before you ask, yes, this sounds incredibly dumb.

its like the beginning of the generation again, poor sony

meta4

Who the hell came up with the idea that Paul Mccartney is a good choice for a Scifi game. Also if this is an MMO then meh. Not too interested.

Stewox

Banned
Companies tell fans all sorts of interesting things that aren't necessarily true.

If you are implying on microsoft's business practises and managing behavior as the hidden reason, then I can't see what on earth would they accomplish from breaking away from MS except not developing Halo. As they certainly did not fully break away from oppression and capitalistic interfeerence with a contract like this, they may have creative control of the software so customers won't be impacted from publisher there, better, but still, they have other personal, marketing and biggest of all, pre-determined tight release schedule restraints for the next 10 years, all planned ahead, even pre-determined % of effort allocation for projects, talk about lifestyle, surprisingly they didn't let Activision to put on pants and brush their teeth every morning. Sish

The "it's still quite like Halo" part doesn't really fill me with excitement.

I thought the whole reason Bungie wanted to break free from Microsoft was to do something different after making Halo games for a decade. Yet it sounds like they're making Halo again just for another major publisher.

Most of this leak is old, it came out during the West/Zampella case.

The assumption that Bungie left MS because they hated MS/Halo was just that, an assumption. Now they make more money, reach a larger audience, and have a fresh ip so they aren't saddled by the existing lore and weapons.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
"Leak" on the same day as the Halo 4 release?

Totally legit.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
"Be Brave"

Love that part about the noobs kneeling before Harold Ryan :lol

I want this game to be awesome so damn bad.

Patryn

Kind of feel bad for Demonware that this is leaking. It doesn't really say much, and it's probably going to poison the relationship between them and Bungie.

LQX

Why would they "leak" this on the day of Halo 4 release? They think people would second guess their purchase for a game nearly a year away? Idiots.

Shtof

Cross gen games won't sell consoles. Remember Tomb Raider Legend, King Kong and Gun on 360?

This shit literally makes me mad.

Top Bottom